Availability of Animal Kingdom Value Studio in June.

Fantasia79

DIS Veteran
Here's the situation: Big family trip in 2018. My in-laws usually stay in value rooms but haven't been in a few years. Value room and animal kingdom value studio are close in price if I get a good rental rate. Mother-in-law would love to stay in animal kingdom someday too (side note: she wears animal print head to toe).

How is availability of value rooms for 7 days in June, booked 11 months ? Are people renting with AKV as their home resort frequently?

I assume that you are not an AKV owner so you will be renting points. Why don't you check with David's rental services as he may be able to give you a better idea on who has been renting and then certainly get back in touch with him 12 months prior. Also keep an eye out on the DVC rent/trade section to check for posts that have AKV points for rent at the 11 month mark. Good Luck!

There are a limited number of value rooms, which are value because they are smaller than other DVC rooms. Owners at AKV can begin reserving on line exactly 11 months out from date of arrival, starting at 8 a.m. eastern, and can book up to seven nights at that time. Value studios and 2BRs often book full within 20 seconds after that reservation window opens and that includes many times in June. In other words, to have any real chance, you need an AKV owner who is willing to be online and prepared to book at exactly 8 a.m., 11 months form your arrival date if seeking a studio or 2BR value room at AKV. 1BRs tend to last longer.

Thanks for a lot of great info! @skier_pete charts are unreal. Lots of geeking out to do.

Yup, I'm a DVC owner at VGF, I'm familiar with renting and using points. Would probably try to rent off here for them if at all possible. Have rented on both sides before.

Now, have to get Wilderness and VGF rooms for other Family members....

I attempted to book via David's at 11 months out today, which puts me in May of next year. They were unable to secure a value studio for me and had alerted me to the fact by 9:30AM. You may be luckier than I, but I would think it would be luck if you get it.

Good luck!

We are looking to do the same thing next June and were told chances are slim. We were told there are only 6 value studio rooms and they don't rent out very often.

We are looking to do the same thing next June and were told chances are slim. We were told there are only 6 value studio rooms and they don't rent out very often.
As a PP mentioned, there are 18 value studios...8 are dedicated and 10 are part of 2BR lockoffs.

David's DVC was not able to get us a value studio in Early June. We got standard. we put value as first choice and standard as second choice. If we had only put value... I wonder if we would be more likely to get it? Do the owners make the reservations or David's DVC? Wouldn't owners want to book the category that is the most points to get more money even if value was available? It probably wasn't available but I'm jw for the future

David's DVC was not able to get us a value studio in Early June. We got standard. we put value as first choice and standard as second choice. If we had only put value... I wonder if we would be more likely to get it? Do the owners make the reservations or David's DVC? Wouldn't owners want to book the category that is the most points to get more money even if value was available? It probably wasn't available but I'm jw for the future

That is not the issue with value. Value studios can book full very quickly once the 11 month reservation window opens for AKV owners. For example, they are already full for June 1,2,4,5,and 6, 2017, and June 6 went full within milliseconds after the 11 month window opened for that arrival date this morning, July 6, 2016, at 8 a.m. eastern. To get value a broker needs an owner who is willing to book online at exactly at 8 a.m. 11 months out from arrival date and even then there is a high risk of failure if his computer is a hair slower than others in communicating with Disney's computer. On the opposite end of the spectrum, standard view AKV studios for June are usually open well beyond the 7 month reservation window when owners of other DVC resorts can book at AKV.

Last edited:
@Fantasia79 one thing you probably already know, but worth mentioning anyway, is that the value rooms are all in Jambo house. So if you have a large party looking to stay together, you're going to want to make sure you book all your rooms at Jambo. (I'm assuming that your family will all stay at the same resort).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter