Aulani current Amenities

Amommy21

DIS Veteran
My friend was just there for the first time and said they had an awful time at Aulani. No wifi (for the kids to do schoolwork). Is the wifi shut off?

We have reservations for The Grand Californian in May but since the state of CA won't let non CA residents in the park we are thinking of Aulani instead.

We have been many times and its a family favorite. But I can't find a list of what exactly is closed and open.

Is the adult hot tub open? The large infinity one?

Is the lazy river and both slides open?

Trying to decide if we do Aulani or just go to WDW. Totally understand nothing will be perfect. But want to make the best decision for our family. We all need a little non stress down time after this last year of chaos!

My friend was just there for the first time and said they had an awful time at Aulani. No wifi (for the kids to do schoolwork). Is the wifi shut off?

We have reservations for The Grand Californian in May but since the state of CA won't let non CA residents in the park we are thinking of Aulani instead.

We have been many times and its a family favorite. But I can't find a list of what exactly is closed and open.

Trying to decide if we do Aulani or just go to WDW. Totally understand nothing will be perfect. But want to make the best decision for our family. We all need a little non stress down time after this last year of chaos!

Following. My family and I are in a similar situation - I’m trying to cancel my reservation for the end of May at VGC since we are also non-CA residents. I’m thinking of going to the Aulani instead, too.

We just came back from Aulani this week. I can tell you, as can my kids and hubby, that the WiFi was definitely WORKING. They did homework, played games, I uploaded photos (with a very good speed I might add), etc. We had zero issues with it for the 10 days we were there.

The hot tubs are open. Not sure if there are any that are adult only at the moment (I didn't spend a lot of time outside AT the resort). I know there was one small infinity pool (hot tub??) that was labeled as "adult only" but I think everything else was open for use by kids as well.

The lazy river and slides were open. They do close 2 hours before the pools, but I think that was a pre-Covid thing as well. I do have to say it was much less crowded in the pools/lazy river than on my prior trip pre-Covid. Even though chairs were still hard to come by unless you arrived super early or around dinner (or later), the number of people in the pools were far less than I remember.

And I might be a bit biased, but go to Aulani! (My WDW trip was cancelled for multiple reasons and we did Aulani instead)

We just came back from Aulani this week. I can tell you, as can my kids and hubby, that the WiFi was definitely WORKING. They did homework, played games, I uploaded photos (with a very good speed I might add), etc. We had zero issues with it for the 10 days we were there.

The hot tubs are open. Not sure if there are any that are adult only at the moment (I didn't spend a lot of time outside AT the resort). I know there was one small infinity pool (hot tub??) that was labeled as "adult only" but I think everything else was open for use by kids as well.

The lazy river and slides were open. They do close 2 hours before the pools, but I think that was a pre-Covid thing as well. I do have to say it was much less crowded in the pools/lazy river than on my prior trip pre-Covid. Even though chairs were still hard to come by unless you arrived super early or around dinner (or later), the number of people in the pools were far less than I remember.

And I might be a bit biased, but go to Aulani! (My WDW trip was cancelled for multiple reasons and we did Aulani instead)

Did they still have activities like the storytelling, stargazing, and paint with light? It's hard to tell based on the website. Also, I read that they ran out of Mickey bars (!!). Did you experience any of that?

Did they still have activities like the storytelling, stargazing, and paint with light? It's hard to tell based on the website. Also, I read that they ran out of Mickey bars (!!). Did you experience any of that?
All I can tell you is that they were still doing the Make Your Own Mickey Ears (we got kits to go, though) and that they were doing an egg hunt of sorts for Easter (had to find the decorated eggs and take photos to earn a prize). I didn't look into any other activities at the resort as they have never had activities that have appealed to me.

I don't know if they ran out of Mickey Bars. Again, I didn't look (not one of my favs like Dole Whip is!). However, they were low on their other Mickey snacks (brownies, cookies, etc.) one day at Ulu, so maybe? They were replenished the next day though.

There were no Mickey Bars when I was there March 20-26. They also didn't have the Chip and Dale snacks, either. Although we stayed at the Marriott, we may have walked over more than a few times in search of my favorite foods.

We’re heading there mid-May so we’re keeping a close eye on things too. I regularly check the activities on the Aulani app and I haven’t seen the story telling on there since I started tracking it, but who knows what will change and when. Also check out the important updates page on the Aulani website for details of what is and isn’t available (although you have to scroll down quite a way - sorry I couldn’t add the link without a spam notice).

We’re heading there mid-May so we’re keeping a close eye on things too. I regularly check the activities on the Aulani app and I haven’t seen the story telling on there since I started tracking it, but who knows what will change and when. Also check out the important updates page on the Aulani website for details of what is and isn’t available (although you have to scroll down quite a way - sorry I couldn’t add the link without a spam notice).

I called today and spoke to someone because I had a bunch of questions. The person I spoke to said that she was told that storytelling was available, but it's currently not taking place near the firepits (it's supposedly taking place near the pools). I went ahead and booked the trip.

We saw the storytelling by the main pool after sunset.

as far as adults, the infinity jacuzzi was def open just for adults but the quiet adult pool was open to all including kids.

If there are issues with your room wifi, the conference/ballroom courtyard has comfy chairs outside and you could set up there.

We've been to Aulani a few times and didn't even know they had Dole Whip!!! :oops: Where can we find that?

I just scheduled Explore the Stars and Paint with Light for Tuesday evening. I was happy to see that they are available since it is not mentioned anywhere. Had to reserve in person.

I just scheduled Explore the Stars and Paint with Light for Tuesday evening. I was happy to see that they are available since it is not mentioned anywhere. Had to reserve in person.

Yay!! Let us know how it is. I’m starting to get more and more excited about this trip! I know it’s minor but I was so bummed when I made the decision to cancel our DL trip for the end of May when they announced the parks would initially be open to CA residents only. So we made the decision to plan a trip to the Aulani instead. And I’m actually relieved now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter