Aulani Construction Update

Here now. One Paddle Two paddle is closed? It doesn't show up in the daily Iwa and the menus have been removed from its board. Also - just exploring - but is that a 2nd infinity pool under tarps by the beach?

Here now. One Paddle Two paddle is closed? It doesn't show up in the daily Iwa and the menus have been removed from its board. Also - just exploring - but is that a 2nd infinity pool under tarps by the beach?

Can't tell without pictures to confirm what you are referring to on the pool area. Have you had a chance to ask about One Paddle Two Paddle.

We just got back on Sunday and the area under the tarps is the two level infinity jacuzzis. I chatted with a CM and he told me that someone was cut by one of the glass tiles in the jacuzzi so they had to go back and and check all the pieces. He said they found lots of problems when they were checking it. He projected it was going to reopen last Saturday ( the day we left). I guess they were wrong. The lower portion of the jacuzzi was open until the Monday 10/21. Before that just the too portion was under the tarp. Hopefully they will be able to fix it soon, it was a beautiful review and very relaxing with a waterfall and everything.

I have no idea about the One paddle Two Paddle but I don't think that was open at when we were there either

We just got here today. What's up with construction right at the port cochere?

I hope the hot tubs are open...I haven't ventured down there yet. Our view is great considering it's a standard view.

We just got back on Sunday and the area under the tarps is the two level infinity jacuzzis. I chatted with a CM and he told me that someone was cut by one of the glass tiles in the jacuzzi so they had to go back and and check all the pieces. He said they found lots of problems when they were checking it. He projected it was going to reopen last Saturday ( the day we left). I guess they were wrong. The lower portion of the jacuzzi was open until the Monday 10/21. Before that just the too portion was under the tarp. Hopefully they will be able to fix it soon, it was a beautiful review and very relaxing with a waterfall and everything.

I have no idea about the One paddle Two Paddle but I don't think that was open at when we were there either

Very interesting. We were there the 4th through the 12th of October and the upper jacuzzi was closed the entire time for "tile work." The lower was open. We spent quite a bit of time enjoying it.

DH and I are trying to recall about One paddle Two Paddle. We THINK it was just a drink station, but can't quite recall with 100% certainty.

- Dreams

Yeah disappointing the large hot tubs are closed...we thought we were spared all construction. Beautiful place though. Here's a picture of the closed hot tubs.

11cdpgn.jpg

Can't tell without pictures to confirm what you are referring to on the pool area. Have you had a chance to ask about One Paddle Two Paddle.

Just got back from Aulani this week. One Paddle Two Paddle wasn't open while we were there.

We were at Aulani October 13-18 and One Paddle Two Paddle was already closed (the drink station was open sporadically). I assume they closed it when they opened the Ulu Cafe. It was still on the maps they handed us on check-in but not on the maps at the resort.

Where are the drink station(or stations) now? Are there 2 on property?

Thanks in advance!:)

There is a drink station in the gift/supplies shop at the pool area across from the shave ice stand and then another in the gift shop by the entrance/lobby.

No work is being done to the infinity bi-level hot tubs. They're still just closed.

Someday...a DVC'er will experience Aulani without construction. Might be 2015 haha.

You can also refill at Ulu Cafe, and when we were there last month they had the drink station at One Paddle Two Paddle (which was already closed) open sporadically. Never saw the refill station in the lobby. The lady in the gift shop told me there used to be one there but they removed it. Maybe that's the one referred to?

As of 10/18 when we left, they were at the Ulu Cafe, Lava Shack, and old One Paddle Two Paddle. We usually walked to Ulu Cafe because they have the best selection.

You can also refill at Ulu Cafe, and when we were there last month they had the drink station at One Paddle Two Paddle (which was already closed) open sporadically. Never saw the refill station in the lobby. The lady in the gift shop told me there used to be one there but they removed it. Maybe that's the one referred to?

As of 10/18 when we left, they were at the Ulu Cafe, Lava Shack, and old One Paddle Two Paddle. We usually walked to Ulu Cafe because they have the best selection.

When we were there last in Aug 2012 one of the refill stations was in the gift shop off the lobby, along with the usualy DVC type grocery items and coffee.... but based on what you are saying it sounds like they moved it.

Maybe I am really tired for being up for hours, but I am having trouble posting a "new post" on Dis??????????

Anyone else?????????????:sad:

We just got back today and do have pictures of the cabanas 3,4, and 5 by the grotto pool. We had cabana 3 one say and loved it. I will try to post a picture soon. Cabanas 1 and 2 by the kids play area did not seem secluded at all to me. Most of the times I saw the people in these cabanas with their front flaps closed or not even rented. I never walked over to the cabanas by the quiet pool but most of the time theses cabanas were empty as was most if the adult area and pool. Occasionally there were people in the lounge chairs and pool but not often.

We will be there over Thanksgiving and have booked a cabana by the grotto pool for our stay. Would you recommend cabana 3? Any pro's and con's you can think of? TIA

And back on topic in regards to Aulani Construction.

Well more of the entrance is under construction. The valet is now actually inside the lobby. We asked what they're doing and they said it was for a new valet desk. Will they ever stop construction here? It's sorta ridiculous at this point...especially considering how slow they build things.

When we were there last in Aug 2012 one of the refill stations was in the gift shop off the lobby, along with the usualy DVC type grocery items and coffee.... but based on what you are saying it sounds like they moved it.

Yes, they removed it. The lady in the gift shop said it was because there were too many spills.

So from these posts, I gather that there is only 1 refill station by Ulu Café?:confused3

Seems like Aulani is quite a large property to only have a refill station by Ulu Café!
Can't understand why they took it out of lobby!:sad2::sad2::confused

When we were at Kidani a few years ago, Kidani had a refill station in the gift shop. IMO, Aulani should also have a refill station in the gift shop as well.

How close is Ulu Café to the Wainnae Tower? I personally do not make my own coffee. I would rather use my refillable mug and skip the step of making a cup!

Thanks for any info you can provide or a potential "rationale" for not having a refill station in a gift shop! Doesn't make sense to me!:headache:

Ack. We have 5 more days until we leave. Was hoping everything would be pulled together at this point. :(

So from these posts, I gather that there is only 1 refill station by Ulu Café?:confused3

Seems like Aulani is quite a large property to only have a refill station by Ulu Café!
Can't understand why they took it out of lobby!:sad2::sad2::confused

When we were at Kidani a few years ago, Kidani had a refill station in the gift shop. IMO, Aulani should also have a refill station in the gift shop as well.

How close is Ulu Café to the Wainnae Tower? I personally do not make my own coffee. I would rather use my refillable mug and skip the step of making a cup!

Thanks for any info you can provide or a potential "rationale" for not having a refill station in a gift shop! Doesn't make sense to me!:headache:

I don't want to be a downer, but when we were there we used the drink station by the Lava shack since it was the closest to the pool, and many times there were lines with people filling up paper cups from a soda that they must have bought days ago by the looks of the cups. If they don't put a curb on people doing that, the lines will be really long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter