Aulani Construction Update

At Ka Maka Grotto pool right now. Closed tonight. Reading posted pool rules: "Children under age 12 must have adult supervision."

I would love to see what it looks like at night. I read that the grotto will have night lights. I can't wait to see it!!!

It has some neat, sparkly lights. We took some pictures, but you can't really see them from the distance we were at. Soft opening tomorrow.

It has some neat, sparkly lights. We took some pictures, but you can't really see them from the distance we were at. Soft opening tomorrow.

I'm so jealous!! I've been waiting for it to open and wished it was open a few weeks ago when we were there. Please post pics! I'd love to see the grotto and the cafe! Enjoy the soft opening!

Is this the pool people have been thinking will be adult only?

No, the new Ka Maka Grotto pool has always been billed as a family pool. It is the Wailana Leisure Pool, which already existed before the resort enhancements began, that may be converted to an adult only pool.

Signage up in English and Japanese saying that the Wailana pool is reserved for guests 18 and up only. Cast members enforcing the rules. Nice adult enclave with the Wailana pool bar, poolside food and drink service, restrooms and Ulu food court all within a few steps.:beach:

Since we had to cancel lour trip at the last minute in August all of these Aulani threads are DRIVING ME NUTS!! We had really wanted to rent a cabana for a couple of days but I think the new $325 price is a little excessive so whenever we DO go we'll likely skip the cabana plan.:sad2:

I am in the process of trying to RE-plan our trip for next year. I was SHOCKED to see that there are still some Poolview & OV studios available for our spring break week (the week leading up to Easter). I worked for several hours yesterday on different scenarios once I saw openings there. Priced flights etc. Problems with the plan are 1) we could only go for 7 nights as DS only gets the one week + Easter Monday off. Coming home I'd want to leave on Sat. night so we arrive home on Sunday night so he'd have Monday to recover from the jet lag. And 2) the airfares were RIDICULOUS. Even with the credits we have coming to us from our cancelled trip we'd still have to pay like $2K out-of-pocket. No can do right now on that one. But I did run the plan by DH. If we did Aulani over spring break then there's a chance we COULD go back to WDW in August to get a 3rd trip off of our AP's. That was an appealing thought. But in the end that plan would cost us a lot more than what we can do right now.

We decided that since airfare is cheaper to go in August, the points are lower AND we'd have more time then we'd just wait and try to re-plan the trip for August when we can have a longer trip. But it sure was tempting to snag one of those studios for spring break!!:goodvibes I am glad all of these improvements will be done by the time we go.

We are going to be there at the same time you were looking at and got our flights through Hawaiian Airlines. They are partnered with JetBlue. We paid about $1250 for two adults. You may want to take a look at them for flight prices.

We are going to be there at the same time you were looking at and got our flights through Hawaiian Airlines. They are partnered with JetBlue. We paid about $1250 for two adults. You may want to take a look at them for flight prices.

Thanks - I definitely always keep them in my price checking - esp. on the LAX - HNL flight. We had them booked for our inter-island flight to Maui last summer and have a small credit coming from them for our canceled trip - so I hope to get to use that up. Since we have used them in the past on other trips to HI and already have their frequent flyer accts. I get their emails & mailings all the time too. I do check their prices often. We have $2,100 coming to us in flights from Alaska Air that we have to use up by August so I'm sure that I will book all that I can on them. Likely the same ones I had booked last time.

(FWIW I had booked all of our flights for this past summer for just under $1,100 pp - that was DC to LAX (with a 4 n. stop) then LAX to HNL, a hop to Maui for 3 n. then home to DC with only 1 stop.) Your $1,250 price for 2 ppl is a great price - I never found anything close to that - but I think adding the stop-over in LA and the flight home from another island complicates the pricing and planning since we're not booking straight round trips.) HAVE FUN!! Mahalo and Aloha!!

Will construction be finished by end of October? I didn't realize so much was going on and we just booked a trip for the end of October...

Will construction be finished by end of October? I didn't realize so much was going on and we just booked a trip for the end of October...

Yes, everything is scheduled to be done and open by October 19. Figures, since we check out on the 18th. Sounds like there have been some "soft openings" already, so I'm hopeful we'll get to experience the new areas.

"Official" opening is October 19! I have a friend that was there yesterday, Ka Maka Grotto was open to guests.

Signage up in English and Japanese saying that the Wailana pool is reserved for guests 18 and up only. Cast members enforcing the rules. Nice adult enclave with the Wailana pool bar, poolside food and drink service, restrooms and Ulu food court all within a few steps.:beach:

Hallelujah! prayers are answered!

We were there last week (checked out Monday 9/30) and everything was open and functioning well. The improvements are amazing. Never felt crowded. Always able to get a lounge chair. Plenty of cast members on duty. If there was something that was not finished, it was not obvious.

I was wondering if someone could please post a picture of the cabanas. I want to book one for our May vacation and I would like to see where they are located. :wave2:

Thanks in advance

We were there last week, I didn't take any photos. There were three tucked back in the adult area, 3 near the grotto pool (next to the bathrooms) and we saw 2 over by the childrens play area.
All were away from foot traffic and very private (even the one in the childrens play area seemed set back.

We just got back today and do have pictures of the cabanas 3,4, and 5 by the grotto pool. We had cabana 3 one say and loved it. I will try to post a picture soon. Cabanas 1 and 2 by the kids play area did not seem secluded at all to me. Most of the times I saw the people in these cabanas with their front flaps closed or not even rented. I never walked over to the cabanas by the quiet pool but most of the time theses cabanas were empty as was most if the adult area and pool. Occasionally there were people in the lounge chairs and pool but not often.

Bet the finished product is GORGEOUS! HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR TRIP!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Anyone know of any construction projects slated for late spring/summer of 2014 at Aulani????????????

Much thanks...CANNOT WAIT TO OUR AULANI TRIP MAY/JUNE!!!!:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter