August/September Disneyers...let's get in shape for our trip!!

I am back!!!! ;) 10 days in WDW and Oh how I miss it already:sad2: We had a wonderful trip with a nice blend of busy and relaxing days. I will be honest, I ate everything I wanted and did not once say no when I wanted to say yes. I also only drank water and tea, with little sweetener.

I weighed in today and gained 2 lbs... I am okay with that. :thumbsup2 I went to the store this morning and the house is once again stocked with healthy choices. I will be once again be cutting the salt from my diet and hopefully that will take care of those 2 lbs. I am not changing my tracker because I know I will be back to 163 soon.

I missed all of you while I was gone, and look forward to hearing how everyone else does on their vacation.

Congrats on being the Biggest Loser Coach Kaiti that is awesome:cool1:

Hi Everyone!!! I'm back too! I've actually been back since Wednesday night but haven't been on the disboards because I've been afraid of being too sad! I've got a bad case of post-Disney depression. I really put too much time, energy and devotion to the trip since March and I have this huge "NOW WHAT??" feeling now that it's over. But I did definitely miss you all!

Now for the big confession...I gained 6 pounds! (Cathy you should be so proud that you only gained two!) Yes we did tons of walking everyday day but at a 5 year old pace (no stroller for DS, which we were glad about, but we couldn't walk at an adult calorie-burning pace). We also did tons of eating everyday with the dining plan. Who needs dessert with lunch AND dinner!?! Oh my!

Unlike Cathy, I have not yet stocked my fridge with good food. Haven't really finished unpacking even. I really kinda feel like I don't want to face the fact that it is over!

It really was a great time and I'm going to focus on the terrific family memories! I'm sure I'll get my groove back because school is starting Tuesday...back to routine, structure, better eating plans!

Oh, and Cathy...I'm so sorry I didn't find you at Kona Cafe on the 24th! The kids were desperate to rush to Magic Kingdom as it was our first night. DD had a serious case of "get me on a roller coaster". I hope you understand! Glad you had a great trip!

Kaiti, congrats on BLC coaching! You'll be great!
Good job Maria and jana! Welcome rabidstoat! Good luck with the gym memberships Wendy and LAS! You can do it!

Cathy and Tara- I'm so glad you had such an awesome time on your vacations!! Mine is but a heartbeat away- 14 days from this moment, I'll be in the car on the way to my Laughing Place!! :woohoo::yay::cool1:

I'm sure the weight you ladies gained will come right off once you go back to normal eating habits. That usually happens to me, haha. Cathy, I'm so glad you didn't say No to anything on vacation- that's what makes it a vacation!! I can't wait to hear more about your trips!! And thanks for the congrats on being a coach!

I found a very funny article that I think anyone coming back from a Disney vacay needs to read, lol: http://www.disneydispatch.com/content/features/2011/disney-post-partum-depression/

Love the article link! Thanks Kaiti!

I must say, I'm still having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Better eating day today now that I'm back at work. Still not fantastic though. Rough weekend! (Just can't seem to get out of vacation mode!) I keep finding myself thinking, "One week ago I was at...insert amazing Disney place..." Tomorrow will be two weeks since we flew out. I think I should move on! I might start a trip report soon. Do you think that will help? I also got pictures printed and will start my scrapbook soon. I also really need to get back into exercising! Oh my! Never enough time!

I must say, I'm still having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Better eating day today now that I'm back at work. Still not fantastic though. Rough weekend! (Just can't seem to get out of vacation mode!) I keep finding myself thinking, "One week ago I was at...insert amazing Disney place..." Tomorrow will be two weeks since we flew out. I think I should move on! I might start a trip report soon. Do you think that will help? I also got pictures printed and will start my scrapbook soon. I also really need to get back into exercising! Oh my! Never enough time!

I vote start a TR. And NO, not for greedy self-indulgent reasons of a girl who loves reading TRs! <shifty eyes> :rotfl:

Vacation downtime is always the hardest. You'll eventually get back into the swing and get back on the wagon.

I was doing the same thing last night... One week ago I was in Epcot :sad2:. After 2 horrible days at work the vacation glow is just about worn off. I am so happy I bought a pair of Mickey PJ's. I wear them everynight and they are awesome:) I also bought a disney keychain for my work keys just to try and bring a bit of magic in to my real life. I have plenty of time to exercise I just am not in the mood!!!!!! I would rather drink hot tea out of the mickey mug and dream of my happy place. It is colder in Michigan now which makes WDW even more of a distance memory. :sad1:

I hear ya Cathy! It's been freezing up here this week (well, compared to the crazy hot summer)...fall came fast!

Wendy, I promise to start my TR soon! There's actually so much to tell! We had funny (in hindsight) mishaps nearly everyday but lots of magical moments too! I wrote in a journal while there so a TR should be easy. I'm hoping to get my photopass CD soon too! Then I can upload some of those pics.

As far as weight goes, there's been no movement. (Well, down like 1/2 a pound since coming back!) I'm a little ticked at myself for not having had a better week. But each day is a new day...I will continue on my quest! I have a non-Disney related goal now. I actually hung up my old favourite jeans and a cute T shirt I can't wear right beside my bed. My goal is to be wearing them by the springtime. I think I will look good in that outfit at around 150-155 lbs. At 180.5 now, that's a lot of work to do this winter! But I'm going to do it!

Okay, everyone how do you stay motivated when the weather turns cold and everything in my being is crying out for grilled cheese and homemade chilie? popcorn::

I love coming home from work and curling up on the sofa on a cool or cold night. The very last thing I want to do is workout indoors.

I love going for long walks or bike rides and I am stuck in Michigan, where for the better part of winter it is dark before I even get home from work. :scared

I feel myself slipping and do not want to be the way I was.:guilty: I wish dreaming was a weight loss strategy, rather than diet and exercise.

:wizard: Wow! I understand exactly how you feel! I thought once I was back at work and in a regular routine the whole diet/excercise thing would fall into place....not happening! It poured the first 2 days I was back at work so walking after work wasn't an option. Then by the end of the week I was just too tired. I've lost about 1/2 lb. in 2 weeks...not good at all. I'm so annoyed with myself. I come home, get out my computer and sit on the couch until it's time to make dinner. Then I cook, clean it up and ...yup, back on the couch! What's wrong with me?? Somebody needs to kick us in the pants!
Let's try to by active over the weekend and get moving next week!
I also need to order a new scale....any suggestions?
Hang in there!!

:wizard: Wow! I understand exactly how you feel! I thought once I was back at work and in a regular routine the whole diet/excercise thing would fall into place....not happening! It poured the first 2 days I was back at work so walking after work wasn't an option. Then by the end of the week I was just too tired. I've lost about 1/2 lb. in 2 weeks...not good at all. I'm so annoyed with myself. I come home, get out my computer and sit on the couch until it's time to make dinner. Then I cook, clean it up and ...yup, back on the couch! What's wrong with me?? Somebody needs to kick us in the pants!
Let's try to by active over the weekend and get moving next week!
I also need to order a new scale....any suggestions?
Hang in there!!

When it comes to scales I just bought the prettiest glass electronic one I could find under $50. I like the electronic ones because they will show a weight loss of even less than a half pound and somedays I would rather be 165.2 than 165.4.:rotfl:

It is sunny and beautiful today so I did go for a 3 mile walk this morning with my DD. Then we went shopping for school clothes. She has be working out everyday for 8 months. She does yoga, treadmill and weight lifting. She is soooo not like me when it comes to motivation.

She was having trouble today finding jeans because she is now too small. While she is under 5'2" and a size 2/4 she is built like her mom and still maintains a hourglass figure and the Skinny Jeans just look horrible on her. I never thought thin girls had the same trouble finding clothes that plus size have. I now know better. thank goodness Ann Taylor had 40% off and carries a style called "curvey":woohoo:

Money is tight right now so I did not do any shopping for myself.... of course as ususal went I have no money I see tons of stuff I would love to buy. :sad2:

Money is tight for us too and I don't even want to buy new clothes till I can buy them in a smaller size. So I went out and bought some new accessories to spice up my old boring wardrobe for work. I spent $22 on 3 scarves and 4 necklaces and feel like I've got a bunch of whole new outfits! I'm back down to 178.5 but I was 175 before our trip. Slow and steady again! I really really still want to look and feel great by the new year! Fall/winter is hard though. I hope you are all still around so we can help each other stay motivated!!

Still dreaming of Disney daily! My DS just asked today if we could have dinner at Mama Melrose soon! Oh how I wish we could just pop by DHS whenever we wanted! :)

So far off the wagon I don't even want to look for it. I went to the weight loss clinic today and gained 1 lb :sad2: I just wanted to give up.

They were very nice and asked what they could do to help. I responded " get me my old boss back and cook dinner every night for my family"

Over the summer my DD was great at helping me cook. She is truly a wonderful kid. Now she is back in High School :teacher: and taking a heavy class load of honors and college level courses. So, now it is my turn to help her and relieve her of all duties except homework.

Work is stressful and I am finding myself falling back into my old habits. I agreed to keep going to the clinic for weekly weigh in's even though I really wanted to give up. I still have 25-30 lbs to lose :mad:

Just needed to vent :sad2::sad2: Thanks:grouphug:

Order a calender from my Photopass pics tonight to cheer me up. :) If I can figure out how to upload a pic I will post some vacation photos. I MISS WDW!!!!!!!!

Okay, everyone how do you stay motivated when the weather turns cold and everything in my being is crying out for grilled cheese and homemade chilie? popcorn::

I love coming home from work and curling up on the sofa on a cool or cold night. The very last thing I want to do is workout indoors.

I love going for long walks or bike rides and I am stuck in Michigan, where for the better part of winter it is dark before I even get home from work. :scared

I feel myself slipping and do not want to be the way I was.:guilty: I wish dreaming was a weight loss strategy, rather than diet and exercise.

I'm much more motivated this time of year and over exercising inside.
Bundle up and go!!!! Enjoy the beautiful changing seasons. Notice the changes and it makes the time go by.......
Hope it works for you!

I just broke 13 lbs and can still see a chance at 20lbs before WDW & Vero Beach!
We have twins coming in the Spring via surrogate and I really want to be fit!
Happy Health All!!!!!

So far off the wagon I don't even want to look for it. I went to the weight loss clinic today and gained 1 lb :sad2: I just wanted to give up.

They were very nice and asked what they could do to help. I responded " get me my old boss back and cook dinner every night for my family"

Over the summer my DD was great at helping me cook. She is truly a wonderful kid. Now she is back in High School :teacher: and taking a heavy class load of honors and college level courses. So, now it is my turn to help her and relieve her of all duties except homework.

Work is stressful and I am finding myself falling back into my old habits. I agreed to keep going to the clinic for weekly weigh in's even though I really wanted to give up. I still have 25-30 lbs to lose :mad:

Just needed to vent :sad2::sad2: Thanks:grouphug:

Order a calender from my Photopass pics tonight to cheer me up. :) If I can figure out how to upload a pic I will post some vacation photos. I MISS WDW!!!!!!!!
I would love to see some pics! Photobucket is how you do it apparently. I did it on my PTR then forgot how!!:confused3
I hear ya about everything else. The change in weather and going back to work have left me completely energy-less. We HAVE to get back on track!! Want to make some sort of deal where we promise to exercise for x number of minutes by a certain day next week and check back with each other?

I miss WDW so much too! We got the Photopass CD we ordered in the mail tonight and I was so excited. Then we all looked at the pics and we all got sad and said we want to go back. I'm going to try to upload a pic right now and see if it works.

Bundle up and go!!!! Enjoy the beautiful changing seasons. Notice the changes and it makes the time go by.......
Hope it works for you!

I just broke 13 lbs and can still see a chance at 20lbs before WDW & Vero Beach!
Happy Health All!!!!!
I like your enthusiasm! You are doing great! Keep up the good work. And keep sending good vibes our way! Those of us who have returned are still in post-Disney depression mode I think.:sad2: Keep cheering for us!:cheer2: (And congratulations about the babies! So exciting!)

Hope it works for you!

Happy Health All!!!!!

How awesome!!! You much be over the moon- I would be! It does make a really good excuse for working out and getting fit.

I would love to see some pics! Photobucket is how you do it apparently. I did it on my PTR then forgot how!!:confused3
I hear ya about everything else. The change in weather and going back to work have left me completely energy-less. We HAVE to get back on track!! Want to make some sort of deal where we promise to exercise for x number of minutes by a certain day next week and check back with each other?

I miss WDW so much too! We got the Photopass CD we ordered in the mail tonight and I was so excited. Then we all looked at the pics and we all got sad and said we want to go back. I'm going to try to upload a pic right now and see if it works.

I like your enthusiasm! You are doing great! Keep up the good work. And keep sending good vibes our way! Those of us who have returned are still in post-Disney depression mode I think.:sad2: Keep cheering for us!:cheer2: (And congratulations about the babies! So exciting!)

Oooo, I like that idea, Tara!! I won't really be able to do it this time around...because in three days I'll be in Disney! (Don't hate me, lol) But I can try to get on here with my phone and keep a little journal.

If anyone wants to live vicariously through me while I'm down there, I'll be posting on Facebook! My name is Kaiti Courts. Just leave me a note saying your from the Dis, that way I don't think you're a creeper, lol.

Happy Health All!!!!!

Congrats on the weight loss and the babies!! You must be so excited!!!
You've got lots to motivate you.
Is this your first time going to Vero Beach?? I've been considering trying to work that into our next trip. I'd love to hear what you think of it!

I'm also struggling getting my act together. I only have until the beginning of November to lose weight and get my cholesterol down or I'll be on medication...something I really want to avoid. With work starting up again and we're trying to sell our house, so I get calls at random times for showings and have to blitz through the house cleaning it...I feel like my time isn't my own. I know these are all excuses, but when I'm in the thick of it I just can't seem to get my butt in gear and go for a walk...but we can't give up!!! Somehow we have to figure out a way to get back on track...

face1.jpg

I hope this works... if it does this is me.

You gals are all great! I posted on here, went to post in my TR, then came back to here and there were 3 responses! Yay!

Kaiti - soooo jealous! Have a great time in Disney!

Cathy, yay for the pic! Thanks for sharing! Now some Disney ones!! If you click on my TR, I successfully posted some pictures in it. A couple Photopass ones from our first night in MK and a couple from our first dinner at Kona.

Now, for those of us needing some motivation...let's see. It's now Thursday night. So let's say that between now and Tuesday, we need to exercise (hard) for a total of 60 minutes. That could be 15 min/day or a whole hour at once. Doesn't matter. Who's with me? And of course we'll try to keep our eating in check. (I was so sad about missing Disney from the Photopass pics that I ate half a bag of chips. WHY were those even in my house??? Bad place right now! Going to improve!!!!)

Ok, so if you want to make the commitment, let's do it and let each other know what we did and for how long by Tuesday! Let's get out there and get active! :cheer2:

Now, for those of us needing some motivation...let's see. It's now Thursday night. So let's say that between now and Tuesday, we need to exercise (hard) for a total of 60 minutes. That could be 15 min/day or a whole hour at once. Doesn't matter. Who's with me? And of course we'll try to keep our eating in check. (I was so sad about missing Disney from the Photopass pics that I ate half a bag of chips. WHY were those even in my house??? Bad place right now! Going to improve!!!!)

Ok, so if you want to make the commitment, let's do it and let each other know what we did and for how long by Tuesday! Let's get out there and get active! :cheer2:

I'm with you! I'm unmotivated and have not lost much (3lbs, my goal was 15 :sad2:) and I only have 8 days to go. I lost all motivation for a while there. I promise... 60 minutes of hard exercise by Tuesday.

Is this your first time going to Vero Beach?? I've been considering trying to work that into our next trip. I'd love to hear what you think of it!

I'm also struggling getting my act together. I only have until the beginning of November to lose weight and get my cholesterol down or I'll be on medication...something I really want to avoid. With work starting up again and we're trying to sell our house, so I get calls at random times for showings and have to blitz through the house cleaning it...I feel like my time isn't my own. I know these are all excuses, but when I'm in the thick of it I just can't seem to get my butt in gear and go for a walk...but we can't give up!!! Somehow we have to figure out a way to get back on track...

April we were in VB for the first time. Only for 4 nights after an Easter trip with family in South Florida.
We loved it and thought it was pure magic!!!! The resort is beautiful, small & cozy. The details are beautiful and the nature aspect of it was great. They have game rentals a small mini golf pool side and a little bit of magic thrown in throughout the day.
At night I loved that kids were playing outside, families were playing cards and people were going for bike rides and walks.
We had plans for dinner one night at the resort and then trying local restaurants but they change the menu every night at the food was very good. Any thing I can help you with please let me know:thumbsup2

Thank you all for the lovely wishes for our upcoming parenthood!!!
We are feeling very blessed, excited and nervous at the same time!

I have figured out something that works well for me. 10 minutes.
10 minutes on the treadmill. I don't find it over whelming and I don't obsess about needing a block of time and then extra time for another shower.

Hey all!! I'm finally getting back on the wagon...boy that took longer than I thought. Mom and I got back from Disney just over 3 weeks ago, and it just took a lot to get motivated and start eating healthy again. I gained 3 pounds over my trip, not too bad considering I ate what I wanted, when I wanted it...but I think I would have gained more if I didn't portion control some of my meals, lol.

Anyway, weighed in yesterday and lost 1 of those 3 pounds, and I joined "the no judgement zone" gym the other day!! So far so good...I just keep telling myself that I can do this, and that it's for my future...I want to get healthy!!

You gals are all great! I posted on here, went to post in my TR, then came back to here and there were 3 responses! Yay!

Kaiti - soooo jealous! Have a great time in Disney!

Cathy, yay for the pic! Thanks for sharing! Now some Disney ones!! If you click on my TR, I successfully posted some pictures in it. A couple Photopass ones from our first night in MK and a couple from our first dinner at Kona.

Okay I am in 60 minutes!!!! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter