August No Buy - Let the Fall Savings Begin!

1st - Bought t-shirts from a charity booth at the convention I attended. $60 (but v.v. cool Hackers without Borders tees!)
2nd - $25 - random things at CVS
3rd - $67 - Items I won at a silent auction (money went to two charities to encourage girls in security, the EFF and Hackers without Borders). I'm not even sorry. I got $100 in gift certs to a techie/hacker/security publisher for $40 and a military challenge medal that relates to a local defense contractor for $20 and a great t-shirt for $7.
4th - No buy day #1
5th - $18 thrift store shopping on the road.
6th - $65 - gift for my niece and pet-sitter, half-price books at airport, books on my Kindle.
7th - $45 - Walmart, cheap t-shirt, rugs for the kitchen. $22 - Thrift store shopping: 2 work blouses (wearing one today), 1 pair zip-off nylon North Face hiking pants (go me!), some Fiestaware. $35 - Fitbit chargers. Left my charger for my Fitbit in hotel and tried to kill it in a river while hiking, so need charger for the old fitbit as well. . .why don't they all just take ONE charger?????)
8th - No buy day #2
9th - No buy day #3
10th - No buy day #4
11th - Not a no buy day. Husband wants to go to Bass Pro tonight. Double points and a $10 off $20 coupon. That place is EVIL when I am trying to get no buy days.

Wow what an exciting motivator for saving! My kids just started saving dimes in a 2 liter....i read on pinterest if you fill a 2 liter with dimes it will add up to approximately $500....maybe you could get a contest going between the kids to see who can fill theirs the quickest? We're all doing it together.....gonna try to use ours to buy MNSSHP tickets next year!!!=)
What a great idea!!!! My kids are very competitive, that might actually work.

Yesterday's trip to dollar tree wasn't too bad...they had a sign for webkins for $1 but luckily they were sold out lol.

Goal: Save my "fun money" and do something constructive with it! ($40 per week)

8-First no spend day! yay!!
9-worst spending day ever!lol Discount movie ($15), non discounted lunch and popcorn ($19)
10-no spend day until 5pm when i realized i was out of chicken broth which i had to have for dinner...... =-[ $4.49 for chicken broth and a cake mix
11-$8.01 at Home Goods, $10.2? at Dollar Tree, $5 Hot n Ready Pizza for lunch

Buying the LAST school supply today (zipper binder...wow those things are expensive?!?), and groceries since it's PAYDAY :flower:going to try to make lunch and dinner at home today since we will have food in the house again lol! Also have to run in Target..we are making shirts for our disney trip at the end of the month...Target is my weakness so we shall see if the no spend holds!!!

1st - Bought t-shirts from a charity booth at the convention I attended. $60 (but v.v. cool Hackers without Borders tees!)
3rd - $67 - Items I won at a silent auction (money went to two charities to encourage girls in security, the EFF and Hackers without Borders). I'm not even sorry. I got $100 in gift certs to a techie/hacker/security publisher for $40 and a military challenge medal that relates to a local defense contractor for $20 and a great t-shirt for $7.
4th - No buy day #1
6th - $65 - gift for my niece and pet-sitter, half-price books at airport, books on my Kindle.
7th - $45 - Walmart, cheap t-shirt, rugs for the kitchen. $22 - Thrift store shopping: 2 work blouses (wearing one today), 1 pair zip-off nylon North Face hiking pants (go me!), some Fiestaware. $35 - Fitbit chargers. Left my charger for my Fitbit in hotel and tried to kill it in a river while hiking, so need charger for the old fitbit as well. . .why don't they all just take ONE charger?????)
8th - No buy day #2
9th - No buy day #3
10th - No buy day #4
11th - No buy day #5

Really need to catch up here. Mom has been doing really well since being home. It is a nice feeling.

8/1- $21.45 Hospital gift shop, $6.68 lunch with mom, $150.66 Walmart, and $5.10 snack from Chick fil a
8/2- $0
8/3- $3.83 Burger King and $88.77 Target
8/4- $3.45 Wendy's, $12 Cvs, and $67.44 Heinens
8/5- $0
8/6- $66.89 Target
8/7- $45.66 Aldi and $12.65 Drugmart
8/8- $0
8/9- $0
8/10- $0
8/11- $20 for food and drinks at Luke Bryan, $36 for a t shirt, and $22 gas
8/12- $120.67 Target and $12.44 deli for lunch

Never made it to Target....kids had a little ceremony at Basketball camp so i had to be back there early. probably a good thing lol. Basketball camp ordered pizza for the kids so no begging to go to chic fil a!!!!!=) i had some cheese and crackers when we got home and i made dinner!!! yay!!!

9-worst spending day ever!lol Discount movie ($15), non discounted lunch and popcorn ($19)
10-no spend day until 5pm when i realized i was out of chicken broth which i had to have for dinner...... =-[ $4.49 for chicken broth and a cake mix
12-ice cream with kids-$7.00

4th - No buy day #1
8th - No buy day #2
9th - No buy day #3
10th - No buy day #4
11th - No buy day #5
12th - No buy day #6 (this was easy - we are experiencing more flooding and more rain than at any time since records have been kept.)

4th - No buy day #1
8th - No buy day #2
9th - No buy day #3
10th - No buy day #4
11th - No buy day #5
12th - No buy day #6 (this was easy - we are experiencing more flooding and more rain than at any time since records have been kept.)
Sorry to hear about the flooding!! Stay safe!!!!!

4th - No buy day #1
8th - No buy day #2
9th - No buy day #3
10th - No buy day #4
11th - No buy day #5
13gh - $15 - Chartreuse sun/rain hat (I saw one on a guy at the grocery store and had to have one. It's a visible color in the rain.) $10 - North Face shorts on e-bay.

Sorry to hear about the flooding!! Stay safe!!!!!

Thanks. Our community has recieved over 22 inches of rain since Thursday night when it started. Our house is nice and dry but there are many in our town whose houses have flooded. They're calling it a 500 to 1000 year event.

Well being sick all weekend really helps with the no buying. I stayed home from work yesterday and was off today.

8/1- $21.45 Hospital gift shop, $6.68 lunch with mom, $150.66 Walmart, and $5.10 snack from Chick fil a
8/2- $0
8/5- $0
8/6- $66.89 Target
8/8- $0
8/9- $0
8/10- $0
8/13- $0
8/14- $0

13-not good.....iron died, $32.02 at target, lunch with family $42.00
14-Back to school celebration dinner.....$35...Ok time to buckle down!!!!!!
15-i have to work today, but i have food for lunch, free iced coffee from dunkin (the indians won!!!) and ill throw chicken in the crock pot before i leave!

4th - No buy day #1
7th - $45 - Walmart, cheap t-shirt, rugs for the kitchen. $22 - Thrift store shopping: 2 work blouses (wearing one today), 1 pair zip-off nylon North Face hiking pants (go me!), some Fiestaware. $35 - Fitbit chargers. Left my charger for my Fitbit in hotel and tried to kill it in a river while hiking, so need charger for the old fitbit as well. . .why don't they all just take ONE charger?????
8th - No buy day #2
9th - No buy day #3
10th - No buy day #4
11th - No buy day #5
12th - No buy day #6
13th - $15 - Chartreuse sun/rain hat $10 - North Face shorts on e-bay.
14th - $20 1 pair North Face capris, quick dry, and one UA Heatgear shirt - Ebay Getting ready for September trip to WDW. . .

Felt much better today. I went to work and then stopped at Walmart after we closed. Grabbed some groceries and stuff for a work contest

8/2- $0
8/5- $0
8/6- $66.89 Target
8/8- $0
8/9- $0
8/10- $0
8/13- $0
8/14- $0
8/15- $64.17 Walmart

8-$0
15-$0
16-Need a few last minute things for school from Target, and Happy Meals to celebrate finishing summer homework (just in time...school starts tomorrow lol) aiming for $30? Def a no spend tomorrow!!!

4th - No buy day #1
7th - $45 - Walmart, cheap t-shirt, rugs for the kitchen. $22 - Thrift store shopping: 2 work blouses (wearing one today), 1 pair zip-off nylon North Face hiking pants (go me!), some Fiestaware. $35 - Fitbit chargers. Left my charger for my Fitbit in hotel and tried to kill it in a river while hiking, so need charger for the old fitbit as well. . .why don't they all just take ONE charger?????
8th - No buy day #2
9th - No buy day #3
10th - No buy day #4
11th - No buy day #5
12th - No buy day #6
14th - $20 1 pair North Face capris, quick dry, and one UA Heatgear shirt - Ebay. Getting ready for September trip to WDW.
15th - I don't want to talk about my spending spree, but that would defeat the purpose. Sent back a purse I bought on Prime day <$75>. $50 - various things I did not need (just wanted) from Amazon.
16th - (planned) No buy day #7 I NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM AMAZON AND EBAY!

I am hoping to skimp through this month and put any extra money into back to school shopping. Really - when the kids go back its still really warm, so they don't need much for clothes, mostly just a new 1st day outfit/clean shirt or two, new sneakers, school supplies and hair cuts. Jeans and such will come later after everything goes on sale for Columbus day! I will anticipate $175-$200 a week in groceries

August
1: $0
2: $25 to send DS#3 on a trip with Rec Summer Camp - Empty house makes it worth every penny!
3: $0
4: $0
5: (($175 in groceries)) other than that $0
6: $50 birthday gift certificate
7: $32 on a Zulilly sale for Oofos for my Princess 1/2 training!!
8:$30 - Night out with the girls to see Bad Moms! So excited!!
9: $20 Waterpark field trip with Rec for DS#3
10: $0
11: $0
12: $25 on Ebay in RunDisney Princess 1/2 costume/outfit pieces
13: $200 in Hockey equipment, but DH did some overtime work and gave be extra $$ this week
14:(($200 in groceries - budgeted)) spent an extra $40 at CVS Tide laundry soap and dish soap sale
15: $275 Hockey Camp
16: $20 Son#1 Haircut
17:
18:
19"
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:

8-$0
15-$0
16-$13 at Target, $10 for Happy Meals, $12 for dinner (going to 2 open houses and an orientation takes a lot more time than I realized!!!! Next year it's crockpot for dinner the day before school starts!!!)-result....$5 over budget for the day!
17-Though I want to go out and celebrate/mourn the end of summer, I'm planning a no spend day! If i get desperate my sweet sister sent me a DD gift card I can have an iced butter pecan coffee on her!!

4th - No buy day #1
8th - No buy day #2
9th - No buy day #3
10th - No buy day #4
11th - No buy day #5
12th - No buy day #6
14th - $20 1 pair North Face capris, quick dry, and one UA Heatgear shirt - Ebay. Getting ready for September trip to WDW.
15th - I don't want to talk about my spending spree, but that would defeat the purpose. Sent back a purse I bought on Prime day <$75>. $50 - various things I did not need (just wanted) from Amazon.
16th - No buy day #7

Wow what an exciting motivator for saving! My kids just started saving dimes in a 2 liter....i read on pinterest if you fill a 2 liter with dimes it will add up to approximately $500....maybe you could get a contest going between the kids to see who can fill theirs the quickest? We're all doing it together.....gonna try to use ours to buy MNSSHP tickets next year!!!=)

I wish!! They just don't seem to care, the bank of mom should apparently always be open. Plus we typically don't use cash so I don't have much change kicking around.
So now I have taken more drastic measures. Oldest kid has a job, the second kid will be getting a job at the same place in October. The restaurant splits the monthly tips through the whole house so they have to use half their tip money to start paying for things like dinner out and Starbucks, and soda and ice cream. These are wants, not needs. When it's their money they are very tight fisted so hopefully they will learn their lesson. Starbucks for 6 people 2-3 times a week gets pricey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter