• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August Exercise Challenge

Hey, everyone! I don't have time to update the totals just yet but I will do so tonight for sure. I am so impressed at how well everyone has done! Congrats to everyone who has (or will by tonight) made their goal! Congrats to those who may not have made their goal but still got some min. in this month! That is an accomplishment regardless of whether you made your goal or not! :)

I will update the totals one final time tonight. I will admit I have not done any exercise since this weekend! I have been busy with school and really tired and drained this week. I also let the fact that I had already made my goal for the month allow me to get lazy these past few days. I am ready to get my butt back in gear now though before I get too far behind! I will be working out this evening sometime and will update totals tonight! If you want your final total added to the list, please post it by tonight (preferrably before 10 p.m. CST). Thanks for letting me host the challenge this month! I hope I did an okay job at it! Great job everyone! You are all so inspiring and motivating! :)

I woke up this morning knowing I was 46 minutes shy of goal....

So I just did 47 minutes of interval training....

to bring me up to :cheer2: :cheer2: 801/800 :cheer2: :cheer2:

Got in 40 minutes on the TM bringing my total to 1425/1400. Now, on to September!! :dance3:

I started off the month OK, really I did! Then the desire to sit in the air conditioned house set in and I'm ending the month way below goal - at least as close as I can figure it since I did not do very well at keeping track of what little exercise I did do. As close as I can figure it I am at 1350/2000 min. Not good at all.

I've already signed up for Sept, and I have a lot more outdoor activity planned. Now if I can just manage to be disciplined enough to keep track of what I do then just maybe I can get myself back on track!

I ended the month with 1265/1500. Will try harder next month while getting ready to do the ATM on Oct 8.

Tasha - thanks for doing this.

I made it! I made it! :cool1: Not by the huge margin I hoped, but I hopped on the treadmill tonight and knocked out a quick 30 minutes just to make sure I pushed that 1470 minutes all the way up to my goal of 1500!

I'm certain I wouldn't have done that (with the craziness I've dealt with the past several days) if it weren't for you folks -- THANK YOU! :banana:

35 more min for the last 2 days for a final total of 1210/1000

Progress slowed AGAIN. I have to get into this wonderful habit of exercising!!

225/500.

Thanks for running the challenge!!!!

60 min walk tonight for a grand total of 1005/800 for the month :)

Tasha, Thank you for doing the challenge this month! You did an awesome job :thumbsup2 :thanks:

Lori

I finished up the month with 1220 minutes!

I'm totally excited about it!

Thanks again for the accountability.

Well, we ended up going out this evening and it was late by the time we got home so I never did get that final workout in for the month. Thankfully I made my goal this past weekend though!

Anyway, the August Exercise Challenge is now officially over. Congrats again to all of you who made goal...especially those of you who exceeded your goal! Some of you did so well you might need to up the min. for September! ;) And if you didn't meet your goal, don't feel bad! Any exercise is still something wonderful and you should be proud! For those of you who posted a thanks to me...you are most welcome! :)

See you on the September Exercise Challenge thread! Good luck!

I made it to 900 last night! Went for a walk with the dog! Great challenge... now on to September!

Yeah! Made it to 880 while off in Frankenmuth! Did lots of walking, swimming, and had a blast! I am ready for next month!

Wendy

I finished 1000/1000 A lot of the last part is the walking I did at DW this past weekend. Congrats to all the finishers.

I did it! With the 170 minutes I did between Wed. and Thur I actually got 15 minutes over. I am ready for September! :cool1:

Congratulations to all who made their goals!! :cool1: That's great. Thanks Tasha for keeping us all updated. It so helps to be accountable, even though I didn't make my goal, I did more than past months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter