*August 2019 check in*

Howdy!

The three of us are arriving 8/14 evening and departing 8/18 afternoon. Will be at DL on 8/15 and 8/16 or 8/17. We already have SWA air tix booked and room at BWPPI booked. Have yet to buy our two day DL park only tix. Been to DL many times but this is our first time with a baby and first time traveling with a baby. She’ll be nearly 10 months by the trip. We’re usually crazy plan ahead planners but we only booked this trip last week! Been doing lots of research on this great boards re traveling with baby and DL with baby. My wife has already started on Disney/Mickey themed clothes at Uniqlo!

P.S. does Disney have mouse ear mickey hats in small/children sizes? Would love to get one for baby.

Check Etsy! There’s so many headbands with little Mickey ears and things.
I also saw infant/toddler mouse ear hats on Ebay. Keep in mind, though, that it’ll most likely be hot... not sure how your little one deals with the combination of heat & headwear—my kids overheated easily at that age and hated hats. My older daughters’ first Disneyland visit was when she was only 3 weeks old (now she’s a teenager!).

Howdy!

The three of us are arriving 8/14 evening and departing 8/18 afternoon. Will be at DL on 8/15 and 8/16 or 8/17. We already have SWA air tix booked and room at BWPPI booked. Have yet to buy our two day DL park only tix. Been to DL many times but this is our first time with a baby and first time traveling with a baby. She’ll be nearly 10 months by the trip. We’re usually crazy plan ahead planners but we only booked this trip last week! Been doing lots of research on this great boards re traveling with baby and DL with baby. My wife has already started on Disney/Mickey themed clothes at Uniqlo!

P.S. does Disney have mouse ear mickey hats in small/children sizes? Would love to get one for baby.
They have cute hats in the park as well. Still have the pink Minnie hat we got DD when she was 2. She just turned 12.

Hi All-- Im sorry if this was already confirmed, but it looks like Halloween "opens" on Sep 6... Does this mean HM will be for Labor day weekend? are there any other closures to expect?

Do you think 12-16, I will need a sweatshirt in the evening? I've never been in August or summer.
We always go in August and usually have light sweaters or very light jackets with us if we are planning to stay there for Fireworks, Fantasmic, or WOC. In my experience it’s usually very hot during the day but can sometimes get a bit chilly after sundown.

I am wondering if, given the relatively moderate crowd levels, we really need Maxpass this time around. I love the convenience of booking Fastpasses on my phone, but we have, due to our original concerns about crazy Star Wars crowds, added an extra day this year, which means we could take it relatively easy this time around (and add the money we’d save for Maxpasses for the four of us to our meal/snack budget). Ah, decisions, decisions!!!

I am wondering if, given the relatively moderate crowd levels, we really need Maxpass this time around.

I could never live without MaxPass now I’ve gotten so used to having it! I have read on these boards that the crowds have picked up but that it’s still pretty mellow compared to what we all expected. If it were me, I’d still get it but again I’m pretty hooked. 😂

I am wondering if, given the relatively moderate crowd levels, we really need Maxpass this time around. I love the convenience of booking Fastpasses on my phone, but we have, due to our original concerns about crazy Star Wars crowds, added an extra day this year, which means we could take it relatively easy this time around (and add the money we’d save for Maxpasses for the four of us to our meal/snack budget). Ah, decisions, decisions!!!

I am expecting the crowd levels to soar after 8/19 when the AP blackouts start ending for the lower tiers and the D23 expo brings a bunch of people to the area. I’d definitely plan on using it if your trip is after those dates! Before that though, maybe wait and see how it’s looking and decide day to day?

I'll be there August 6-8. Staying at an Airbnb, only going into the parks on the 6th and for the HM 50th. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the time but tickets are too much for me to get more than a day. If there's a release or a flip at DSSH then I'll probably go and if I end up going to DSSH on Wednesday then I'll go to the Dodgers game. If not, I'll probably Lyft around and go to breweries and the Anaheim Packing District.

I'm wondering the same thing about MaxPass! We used it extensively on our trip last summer but honestly, I probably could have done without it because we had such low crowd levels. The week before Labor Day was AMAZING in 2018. But it's ridiculously convenient that I'll probably get it anyway. I'm solo adult with 4 kids so I don't have a Fastpass runner. Plus I'll be able to stack FP when we're back at the hotel. So I guess I just answered my own question. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter