August 2016 coming quickly....

Paul and others,

All these food pictures are KILLING me!

I can FEEL the ice cream dripping off the cobbler....

I can smell the grease when I bite into the crispy fried chicken....

I am DYIN" over here....

Keep up the good work! :dancer:

Bama Ed

I had found out last Wednesday, that I had to "Travel" on the Monday I get back at work for a meeting on Tuesday. I had to go to St Louis (from Wilkes-Barre PA).
So, you'll be in my neck of the woods on Tuesday. Not sure how long you'll be here, but the weather is supposed to be pretty good next week.

DD got to see her favorite character "Stitch".
I showed my DS the Stitch pic and read all the things your DD has. His comment was, "Oh my gosh. I think I found my future wife" He has 26 different Stitches from the small Tsum Tsum to a 3 ft stuffed one. I haven't had the nerve to tell him the Stitch ride at MK is doomed and won't be there next year when we go.

j

@bama_ed I know how you feel.... That is how I was (and I am sure many others) just a short time back. :) We'll save you some cobbler for your next go-around. (Maybe :rolleyes1)

@Teamubr I don't mind traveling, I just don't like to have to rush it, especially when I have to foot the bill up front and then wait to get re-reimbursed. Still not sure if it's going to happen or not. I had to submit the request and see if it can get expedited. Then I have to see if I can get a flight, hotel, and rental car in the short(er) time I have left. Of course most of which is on my current vacation. If I do, though, Maybe I will try and look you up.

So are we going to have an "Arranged" marriage? I'll have to tell my DD about that. Don't know how she will take it. She is still at that stage (although starting to get over it) where boys have cooties... (do they still say that?)

I know @jbrostek is running around here somewhere. Haven't bumped into him yet. He seems to be going going going too.

So, yesterday was pretty much a bust for parks and/or swimming with all the rain, but we shifted plans and made the best of it. Still did things we were going to do just not when we originally planned it. Did the HDDMR Last night. First time ever for us. It was only DW, DD11 and me. Unfortunately DD19 and BF22 were stuck at home..... working..... :sad: It's tough to be an adult..., any way, I digress...

So just to keep Ed drooling......
HDDMR-Plate.jpg

The ribs were coming too. I thought ALL the food was delicious. We were concerned about our DD11 as she can be fussy. She did eat the corn and reluctantly some chicken (I pulled it off the bone and took the delicious skin off of it for her). At home when we make her eat meat she'd rather not eat, it gets a generous coat of mashed potatoes, but these potatoes are different. She wasn't sure. She tried it though, and it was all good. Plus we got an inside tip that if you ask for Mac and Cheese, they will also bring that out too. DD loved it. It was quite cheesy too!

So I am glad I was able to do the HDDMR (and even got some money refunded as I now have a Tables in Wonderland card which has already saved me about $60 so far this trip). I definitely recommend that show to anyone that hasn't seen it. Even my DD and DW loved it.

So todays plan.... I am off to the pool a the sun is (currently) Shining. To the MK late this afternoon with Fastpasses and ADRs scheduled.

Sounds like you are having a great trip, despite the rain. I read on another forum where the parks are empty this week with school back in many places. Hopefully that continues.

I will try and look you up.
Not sure how long the trip is for or what part of the area you'll be in, but if it looks like it is happening, I'll shoot you my phone number. I don't mind traveling either, but I don't like the down time. I'll take late flights in for early morning meetings and I'm on the plan as soon as they are over.

She is still at that stage (although starting to get over it) where boys have cooties... (do they still say that?)
That's probably OK. DS is 18, but thinks girls "are too much trouble". He's not the most social and that's a good cover when someone asks him about a girlfriend. :-)

j

I was able to find a really good deal on a cabin this weekend ($200 a night) so i'll be checking in Friday! First time staying at Fort Wilderness but certainly no first time to that Trail's End breakfast buffet

Ugh!

I'm stuck at a medical conference >:(

At least they have good wifi so I can watch the Dis. What you guys at he Fort doing today?

Last edited:
peg,

did you manage to ask a HDDR management-type about the reservation issues this fall?

Bama Ed

So we our day with a TE Breakfast. It was great. As usual, it was a belt buster for all of us. It was a nice selection too.
Here was my "First" round.
TE-Breakfast-mine.jpg

I didn't really care for the French Toast Bread pudding thing (not sure if I am calling that right). I could eat it, it just wasn't my favorite. I think what made it a bit better for me is that I had the Pralines and Pecan sauce on it

DD11 liked the Mickey waffles (of course) although I was surprised that she got the plain ones and not the Chocolate Chip ones. What she lacked in variety though she made up for in quantity.
TE-Breakfast-Ariana.jpg

I did do the sticky buns too. I was just too full to really truly enjoy it. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, because I did. I just don't think my enjoyment was as good as it could have been because I was already pretty full when I got them at round 2. (Sorry no picture of that). I was determined to give most stuff a try. Was unsuccessful at that too.

So as we waddled back to our site, we were going to relax at the pool. We had Fast passes for the MK in the evening but looking at the weather, it was supposed to storm at night. So since it was still early we decided to try and get the rides in BEFORE the storm. We went to the MK... and again.... Issues with the MBs. Ever since we converted our tickets to Annual Passes, something was wrong. First it was me and DW's MBs got swapped. I had to use her MB and she mine. Okay (both purple so no issues there). Then the next park, the DWs wouldn't work. We had to wait 10 minutes for the CM to get the OTHER CM with the pad to reset her bio-metrics. We complained that this was an issue and about switching our bands. So she said, "Okay, we will fix it all right now" so she did. So we thought... Now we are at the MK trying to get in and Me and my DD11 are having issues. UGH... So after they "Fixed" that (again after another 10 minute wait) we went right to the Guest Services. He checked all the bands, all the biometrics and made sure everything was in order..... After about 30 minutes of waiting... he also gave us 2 FastPasses EACH for us to use any time (that day) on ANY ride. Which was awesome because we were able to get my DD on all the rides we had originally had fastpasses for (DW didn't really ride, so we used hers to get that third ride in for DD and I)

Just as we finished the last ride, we were rushing for the gate. This was actually the plan to beat the storm (because of the forecast) but the grey clouds were coming much earlier... So we boggied to the gate. DW didn't want to take the boat with the lightening so we took the bus to Wilderness Lodge and then transferred to the bus to the Fort. Storm ended up just being Noisy... No Rain.

Dinner at the whispering canyon. Let's just say that was an experience. Out waiter Alberto was awesome.
Can you guess what the DD Asked for with her burger?

WhisperingCanyon-Ketchup.jpg
Now I knew it was going to be a scene... It was cute when the little boy at the table next to us dropped a bottle off. Then several others showed up. 14 in all. Yup... she got ketchup. :)

I ended up returning the favor for another table. DD was too shy and didn't want to do it. Oh well. At least we now have room to eat.

Then the DW wanted to try a caramel shake. IT was good but too thick for the straw, so she asked for a spoon. After a bit of harassing by Alberto, he came back with a spoon.

WhisperingCanyon-Spoon.jpg
I guess she should have been more specific. Right?

Then we ended up Going to Disney Springs.... Wow... What a change. Trudging through there and getting what we needed. DD decided to notice that we still had time to make 2 of our Fast Passes.... DW and I were NOT going to do that. Too tired. Besides Early Day at Epcot so we wanted some rest.

On our way now to Epcot, so I got to go. More updates later.

Okay, now I'm getting on board with Ed on these food pics. I'm still stuck in medical conference and this is "breakfast" for me.
IMAG0479.jpg
Boy, wish I had a chocolate chip Mickey waffle...

Ketchup and spoon... I have both of those logged for "what not to ask for". :-)

Sounds like good fun. I think it is great when the CMs make a little extra "magic". Glad the weather is holding off and you are having a great time.

j

Okay, now I'm getting on board with Ed on these food pics. I'm still stuck in medical conference and this is "breakfast" for me.
View attachment 188599
Boy, wish I had a chocolate chip Mickey waffle...

Ha ha. I've been to those conferences. One several years ago had similar breakfasts. No meat or much else of substance. The conference had it's own Twitter handle. Tweets were shown on the screens before sessions... In one early morning session, you start to see "I want BACON" popping up on the screen in the Twitter feed. Then "BACON, BACON, BACON". That day, the word "bacon" was at the top of the trending list for Seattle.

Sad part is, we never got bacon. >:(

j

Okay... Crazy day today. Last day too. Breakfast at the Garden Grill at Epcot. Early arrival (8:15) before park opens. Never ate there before, it was definitely a new experience. Good food, and character interactions. (Chip-n-Dale, Pluto and Mickey). Couldn't finish the food (Par for the course I think). We got done in time to get on Soarin' right away. It's the new version too (on all of them). We were in row 1 (which ends up on top) but on concourse C on the last 2 seats (Closest to the outside edge). It was truly awesome and I loved it. My only real complaint was that being on the "Edge" the screen is concave and any tall structures were "Bent". Sitting on the FAR right, the Eiffel tower looked more like the leaning tower of Pisa (or rather the curved over and bent tower of Pisa). None-the-less, it was still pretty awesome.

We then did a few of the other attractions on that side of the park. Worked our way back to spaceship earth, some shops and eventually over to our Fast Pass of Frozen. Let me say this about the Frozen attraction. It was nice. The animatronics were great and overall it was nice attraction. I will say, though, that it was in NO way worth a 70 minute or even a 45 minute wait. That is, however, my opinion and others may disagree. I just didn't think it was all that stellar. They basically did a face lift on Norway to make it Frozen themed.

So we came back... took a break, then went to MK for 5 PM reservations at Tony's Town Square.

We decided not to spend the evening in the park like we had planned which upset our DD. We only had one fastpass left and it was for Space mountain at 9PM. I was just beat and wanted to get the camper ready to go for tomorrow morning's long drive after breakfast. Well, you know... best laid plans. Tinkerbell was right next to Tony's We were going to do the Character photo, but the wait went from 15 minutes before our meal to 35 minutes after. Oh well... we went in anyway. Well turns out after waiting another 10 - 15 minutes, Tink was ill (or something) and she wasn't coming out. So they gave us a fast pass to return ANY TIME WE WANTED up until 8/31/16. Great... We leave tomorrow. DW had the great idea to see if Guest relations would give us another one instead. After a 15 minute wait there... everyone in our group got one more "Any time" experience Fast Pass. So we ended up going to the 7DMT. Left there to do the requisite Small World..... Worked our way past the Ice Cream joint on main street, back to the boat, the bus, and the campsite....... DW and DD went swimming and I hooked up the camper and did as much as I could to get ready to go.

Long night.... Got my shower... spent some time here now I am going to bed. I'll check back in later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter