August 2016 coming quickly....

Enjoying a free soda (from one of those machines with ton of flavors) in the DVC member lounge above Figment in EPCOT before heading to TE dinner.

Man, all I want is some plain acorn juice. Why all the options?

Trading with Jawas today....should have brought some acorns....would have been valuable...

image.jpeg

Trading with Jawas today....should have brought some acorns....would have been valuable...

View attachment 187941

How much did you pay for those two droids you bought from the Jawas, Jimmy? Luke and Uncle Owen need droids that speak Bocci which is the language of the evaporators they use. The short one on the right looks like he could get into lots of trouble... :happytv:

Bama Ed

How much did you pay for those two droids you bought from the Jawas, Jimmy? Luke and Uncle Owen need droids that speak Bocci which is the language of the evaporators they use. The short one on the right looks like he could get into lots of trouble... :happytv:

Bama Ed

Well, not sure I want to calculate the overall cost incurred over the last 6 and 10 years, but I wouldn't make any returns...been well worth the investment! :)

Yesterday was crazy. We woke up on site 536... It was packed when we got there but in the early afternoon, it was all but deserted... We finally got moved to our actual site. 1007. It's nice and wasn't too bad to get into. This loop is also getting pretty deserted too. We had to call a couple of times to find out if we could move or not. Finally at about 2PM we got a call that it was okay to move. Great, just in time for the thunder storm. We were ready to move an hour before. Everything was packed, hitched, slides in, etc... All I had to do was unhook the electric and put it away. So when we got the call, I did. The rain then started mere moments before I got into the truck. As I was pulling out of 536, it down poured. Getting into 1007 wasn't too bad (in the torrential rain). I managed to get it mostly in without much assistance except the picnic table was close. DW was freaking out. So She got out with her umbrella to pull the table out of the way. When she got back in the truck, her shoes were soaked, and her clothes weren't exactly all that dry either despite having an umbrella. The ground was just "Flowing" with water.

We got it though. I got my Disboard Marker out too. I have to get a picture of the site. It's not much because we do tend to spend more time at the parks or other areas (Pools, shops, etc...) so the site isn't as Homey as some.

We spent yesterday afternoon at the MK and stayed until closing. That's a first for us. We got most of the rides in we wanted to, and had a great day. Didn't get back to the camper and in bed until well after 1 AM. DW wanted to get up at 6 to make it to AK but I convinced her to wait until 7AM to get up. Even at that I was moving slowly. Came back at about 2:30 PM and went to the pool. Now we are getting ready to go to TE for dinner.

Tomorrow is our "Mellow" day. Obama in the AM.
The Prez is coming to see you? I'm impressed. You should see if you can get a breakfast ADR at Ohana for 75. Your family, Barrack, Michelle and a few dozen secret service.

Have fun regardless of what you're doing in the am. :teeth:

j

Oh boy, you guys are brutal! :) (Just kidding of course)
Here is my site at the moment.
DisBoardMarker.jpg
Maybe some more additions going on tomorrow on our mellow day

The Prez is coming to see you? I'm impressed.

Well you should be impressed......... Okay, not really, that is just what I get for using Android and Auto correct. Typically I would review it but it was such a short post... Live and learn. Ohana! What's wrong with Android and it's auto correct anyway, I would think the better Auto correct would be to substitute Ohana for Obama anyway. Not the other way around

Any way, Dinner at TE tonight was good.

First course:
firstCourse.jpg

Second Course:
SecondCourse.jpg

Third Course:
ThirdCourse.jpg

We left STUFFED.

Afterwards we went for a carriage ride. It was really nice. It was $45 but the ride was also 45 minutes long. We also got the added bonus of a brief "Stop" while our horse had to take care of business. My DD11 was NOT impressed by that at all.

The horse's name was, ironically "Paul" DW thought that was funny too. Here is a picture of Paul at the end of our excursion.

CarriageWithPaul.jpg

When we got back, a lady was passed out on the pavement by where the carriage was supposed to stop. She apparently had heat exhaustion. As a former EMT, I would have offered my assistance but there was already about 10 people helping and more on the way, and a few CMs so I kindly backed away and tried not to be a gawker. Probably Heat Exhaustion. Talking to a CM several minutes later, it sounded like she was gong to be okay.

So now it's wind down time in the camper for the night. Ohana (not Obama) tomorrow morning. DD11 (and more so DW) are really looking forward to it.

Thank you all for the thoughts and wishes. Sunday we had fast passes including Peter Pan, Space Mountain and the Mine train. Well the Mine train got rained out and no other fast passes where available the rest of our stay and we where out of time to use the open fast pass that day. So that part stunk. Thankfully we where properly prepared with ponchos and rain hats for the ladies. We just so happen to be relaxing in Gaston's when the storm came and only had to walk back to the boat in light rain. Once we got back to the camper it was time for mom and daughter to have their own little spa evening.

010f9d1663dfc47a20f6eeed5ae023691996e17175.jpg

Afterwards Caren's son and I met them on the Monorail for a ride over to the contemporary. But we did make our dinner reservations for California grill during Wishes. We all enjoyed the show from up there as much as we do from Main Street. It was a great meal and amazing service as you would hope and expect for that restaurant. We saw a proposal which come the next day we thought was becoming our dinner trend....the woman said yes. After dinner it was straight back to the camper to sleep and we where so exhausted.

On Sunday we where off to a full day of Epcot, we got going a little late but we got there and started to hit rides. Test track was down, so we ended up getting turtle talk, figment, and living with the land in. We also made a stop at club cool and had to taste then all....including the Beverly.

01be29a702720b1f59415d6ef70aeb0d6995f9f6f8.jpg

After that it was off to World Showcase with a short stop by First Aid for me. Something got in my contact and I stopped by there to see if they had some saline to rinse them out. As Disney is they where super helpful and had what was needed to help. After that it was a start with our favorite which is Mexico pavilion and the little boat ride with Donald out there.

Then we worked our way through all the countries. Eventually we made it down to Japan in which we found some Irony.

01ad044c673a009d3aa8cb57944c6190adb4d084a5.jpg

After some time in the store, loading up on some Japanese candies and a short stop for a few sushi rolls.

01d719e96ca07f0b2e13e8f7f0bca5b173bc67cd9d.jpg

Once I had a late bite it was off to take care of the pups. Caren and her daughter stuck behind and her son came with me back to help me. We got back and found LOTS Disney and power engineers around the loop. Not sure exactly what happen and I did not really care since they where on it and had a solution in place. It seems the loop power was down, of course my first and major concern was for how long. Thankfully was only 2 or so hours, and when I got to the RV it was not all that bad only about 72 in the RV which is not great but not horrible. Whatever the issue is it was not a short repair, but Disney being they way they are they had a solution to the issue and hooked up a big old generator to the loop and have kept us powered the whole time so far. While at the dog park her son and my minpin rescue had a breakthrough in which she let him pick her up!!

018090378229261ea5085cbac447f00d02a03b6d2e.jpg

After we took care of the pups it was off to the fastpass for the new frozen ride in the Norway pavilion. My take on the ride: It is worth going once and the animatronics where pretty cool. But not if you have to wait more then 20-30 minutes.

After we went to the ride it was off to stuff our guts at Biergarten in Germany. While I did not down any beer, I did enjoy all the foods they had to offer and was stuffed full by their selections. Of course we enjoyed the band and while they where playing we where to witness an proposal (she said yes.)

01b02c92885b56d1a63db9225d5e3084f9e906f735.jpg
0180b0c63998b3fe5cd7970b2060fe65edf13964c5.jpg

After dinner we started to head back to the bus stop, after miles of walking and a long hot day in the parks, no body was really interested in staying for illuminations. We did try to get on spaceship earth on the way out but for some reason it was down. We figured we would catch it next time we are at Epcot.

We got home around 9 but most of us where out cold by 10pm. Which was a good plan since we where heading early to Hollywood Studios on Tuesday (today.)

This morning we got to the park and had a minor issue, Kendall forgot her magic band!!! Thankfully disney can fix that as long as an adult on the reservation is present!!! Once over that hurdle it was off to Toy Story fast pass!! Which we got to ride on the new track! It is towards the back of the queue area behind potato head in the normal standby queue. It was just as good as the initial track and we had a good time on the ride. After that it was off to the Great Movie ride, and then to our next fast pass on Star Tours. Of course we stopped and checked out a few things in between on our way around. With Muppets closed, wait times for rocking roller coaster over 2 hours, we decided to hit a few shops on the way out and miss the storm.

We got back here at the camper in time for some lunch and before the storm hit. There where talks and plans to ride the mouse boats and visit the pool. But we are about 2 hours into storms and no let up yet. I do hope they let up soon though as I don't want to spend too much time in the RV at Disney.

Thank you all for the thoughts and wishes. Sunday we had fast passes including Peter Pan, Space Mountain and the Mine train. Well the Mine train got rained out and no other fast passes where available the rest of our stay and we where out of time to use the open fast pass that day. So that part stunk.

...snip...

L.

Love the report! Sounds like a great trip even with the rain.

If you are there for a MK morning extra magic hour, you should be able to ride Mine Train with minimal wait. Last Friday, we were at the line by 7:53 and off the ride by 8:10. It's a bit of a mission requiring very early wake up to get there from the Fort but I had never been on it and I really liked it. In February, my kids rode it at around 11:30pm and only waited about 25 min so that might be another option.

So todays plan for us was to get up, go to Ohana for breakfast, then come back to the site to relax, maybe go swimming. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans....

I had found out last Wednesday, that I had to "Travel" on the Monday I get back at work for a meeting on Tuesday. I had to go to St Louis (from Wilkes-Barre PA). Unfortunately, it's not a simple matter as I work as a contractor for a Government Agency.... My Parent Company's policy is a minimum of 2 weeks to get approvals for travel, but the company I am contracted to didn't give me 2 weeks.... PLUS in the middle of it all, I am on VACATION! Oh yea.

So We went to Ohana this AM. It was a very nice time as usual. DD got to see her favorite character "Stitch".
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_7774082208-REDUCED.jpg

She has a Stitch Ball cap but DW didn't want her to wear it in the pictures. She also has a charm bracelet full of "Stitch" and she had this huge stuffed stitch as well as another one with a "Slap" band so it "Hugs" your arm. She doesn't wear her Pin Necklace with the Stitch pins, because 1, she doesn't trade them and 2, as she puts it, "It's too heavy". Anyway, we came back to the site afterwards. The sun was shinning and HOT. So my DW and DD were going to go swimming. They got changed and "Lubed" up with Sun screen. I was going to stay and try to get my travel for work arranged (It's sad, that I had to bring my work laptop with me. Ugh!). So as I started to do my stuff and make some phone calls, out of the window of the camper, not more than 5 minutes after they had left, My DW and DD11 are walking back. A quick look at the sky made it clear as to why... RAIN. Not just a little either.

So after about an hour of continual rain, my DW decided to move up the trip to American Girl (planned for another day) to today. DD11 was thrilled. DH.... not so much. (Sorry, it doesn't do it for me, especially when it costs me as much as it does.... Love her..... Don't love her "Bills"). So by the time we got there, it was pouring torrentially. I dropped them off at the door, went and parked, and even with a BIG umbrella, my pants were still soaked. DW and DD spent time in there while I went in the rest of the Florida Mall. (That's a whole OTHER story, let me tell ya).

Now we are taking a brief respite before our HDDMR tonight. I will try and see what I can find out about the "Renovations" (or issues) for the September and October time frames. Hopefully I can find something out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter