August 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

So 9 days out and the best I have found is $669 for a minivan through alamo for our 16 days. Ugh, we have never paid this much for a minivan rental.

wasnt trying to start a debate on if they ask for the card. Just sharing my experience. I do fly in and out of Orlando 5 to 6 times a year and have for the last 10 years. There have been times I have been asked. There are many I have not been. YMMV. Do what is in your comfort zone. Personally I dont use codes I am not eligible for, but I tend to be more of a rule follower, and I realize many others are more risk takers!

Oh no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was debating what you said. I just wanted to share my experience with it too since I rent from them a few times a year. ;) No harm meant. :)

To rent with Alamo you will need a membership card if you go to Alamo web page and use the Costco code to make a reservation. There is a box asking you to type in your membership number.

6 days out now, I guess $217 for the 10-18th, standard size, is the best I'm going to get. One of the most expensive car rentals I have ever had. Oh well, it's better than a lot of the rates I have seen over the last few months, and I don't care what it costs me, I will be in Disney!

I'm 8 days out and the best I can get for a minivan for 10 days is $600 through Dollar. Alamo, National, & Enterprise are sold out of minivans for my dates, so no luck there.

I'll keep checking, just in case, but I don't think I'm going to get a better deal.

Just did my daily check for Alamo full size with Costco and Visa and just saved huge again. I had the
price down $80 last week. I had $206 for Aug. 15-21 and by checking today I am now down to
$163. That is the lowest I have had in a long time. Now onto online check-in and line bypass info
so we are set to go!!!

I just checked my dates thru Costco. and while my price is still better. If I was booking today it would almost be cheaper for me to rent mini van over mid size SUV.

Just got my alamo down to 205 (fullsize) for aug 12 to 21. Visa coupon, insiders and costco code. Better, but still higher than I usually pay!!! But Ill be happy with this if it doesnt go any lower!

So 9 days out and the best I have found is $669 for a minivan through alamo for our 16 days. Ugh, we have never paid this much for a minivan rental.

How did you get this price? That seems pretty good, compared to what I've seen. I've got a full size for Aug18 to Aug31, for $248, but would prefer a minivan or full size SUV. I've been low bidding on Priceline but nothing yet. Think I paid around 400 last year for a minivan for 12 days by bidding.

How did you get this price? That seems pretty good, compared to what I've seen. I've got a full size for Aug18 to Aug31, for $248, but would prefer a minivan or full size SUV. I've been low bidding on Priceline but nothing yet. Think I paid around 400 last year for a minivan for 12 days by bidding.

Through undercover tourist. I plan to try bidding on priceline this week, but with so many companies appearing to be sold out of minivans, I'm not very hopful. Oh well, 1st world problems right?

I am contemplating Budget now, because if I went down a car size, and went with them, I could save $60. They pissed me off last time, but maybe they would be better? If I did the pay it now, I could save almost $90.

Actually I found some codes, if I prepay with Budget for a compact car, I can save $102. That might actually be worth it for me.
There is only 2 of us, so we don't need that much space.

Last edited:
Help please with Alamo coupon codes. When making the reservation Alamo asks for Coupon code, Contract ID, and Product code. I was able to use the visa $30 coupon in the coupon code and the Costco member # in the Contract ID. I am not able to insert the visa code anywhere. Is there a trick to this? Do I add to existing reservation? Any tips are apprecieated . I was able to get Aug 8(noon)-15th(2:30pm) for $206, standard size (should be bumped to Full size in the aisle as MCO Alamo doesn't have standard, right?), extra driver/spouse- Costco member, and the $30 visa coupon applied. How does this look to you?

I believe it's one or the other as far as the codes go. You can use a contract ID and the $30 code. I think the Costco code with the $30 code usually gives me the cheapest if I need the extra driver. Keep checking for the best rate up until a couple of days before you leave. :) Then do online checkin so you can just walk up to your car when you get there. Have a great trip!

Thanks Lillove! We arrive this Saturday the 8th. I'll be sure to let ya'll know how the pick up goes. This is not the best price I've had, but I was able to knock the reservation down from$279 to $206. That almost covers the parking at Universal's hotels... Ha!

Thanks Lillove! We arrive this Saturday the 8th. I'll be sure to let ya'll know how the pick up goes. This is not the best price I've had, but I was able to knock the reservation down from$279 to $206. That almost covers the parking at Universal's hotels... Ha!

Can you let me know if they have minivans in that aisle? They always do when I go but I always get nervous that they'll stop that practice as my trip gets closer. :) I know it's not a guarantee but it's a nice plus and one of the main reasons I rent from Alamo. ;)

I got a decent enough rate today with Alamo to stay there, rather than dealing with Budget. I am finally ok with my rate :-)

Last edited:
Another drop today. Full size Aug 13-21 Alamo with Visa/Costco code. $168. Doubt it will go much lower but checking a few times a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter