August 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

Doesn't national emerald aisle include free additional driver? If not a member, you could look into that. The rates were low last week, but higher today for my dates. We leave tomorrow for 1 week. I used 5007125 as my code and nda2324br for the $30 coupon. There are other codes out there too. We ended up with a full size for $205, but using the aisle it could be something bigger. Emerald aisle guarantees a midsize car or better, and executive aisle guarantees a full size or better (we are members of executive).

Does anyone know what kind of SUVs Alamo carry for Midsize and Standard (besides the Rav4 and Santa Fe)?

We're a family of 5, with 2 adults and 3 small kids. Would the Midsize be OK? It would save roughly $50 a week if we go with the Midsize instead of the Standard.

Thanks

I just ran another quote....according to Alamo only Costco gives the free driver. According to my quote from BJs the free additional driver is listed on the reservation. I didnt book it because it is a lot higher than the quote I have now that doesn't include the free driver. I am at a stand still. Not sure which direction to go yet.....
I am not a BJs member, but from what I read, the additional driver is included. If that's what it states on your reservation, I would go by that (not what Alamo customer service says).
I am a Costco member and have used their code several times. It definitely includes the additional driver and it states so on the reservation.
As a previous poster said, National does includes "family members" as free additional drivers.

If your quote from BJs includes the free driver, and it's cheaper than what you're being quoted with Costco, I'd stick with it.
Are you members of both clubs? Personally, I don't use codes unless I KNOW that I am eligible. If you are in an accident or the car is damaged for any reason, there can be issues if you are using a code that you are not entitled to use. Just wanted to mention that in case you didn't know that. If you are members of both clubs or have made a different decision, that's your choice.

Does anyone know what kind of SUVs Alamo carry for Midsize and Standard (besides the Rav4 and Santa Fe)?

We're a family of 5, with 2 adults and 3 small kids. Would the Midsize be OK? It would save roughly $50 a week if we go with the Midsize instead of the Standard.

Thanks
Alamo has the Rav4 in midsize and Santa Fe in Standard - we have a Sante Fe at home, there is plenty of room for 3 older (10-12 year olds). When we owned a Ford Escape - same size as Rav4 - we could only fit a small child between the two car seats. There is also a huge difference in the "trunk" area. $50 divided by 7/8 days times how many times you have to say, "Stop touching each other." ;)

Thanks

We are usually a party of 5 (2 children) and don't care much for the midsize suv. Standard SUV is much more comfortable and I agree with the PP, that's a small price to pay for more "wiggle room"!!!
I consider a premium or full size car to have more useable room than the midsize SUV. Seems like the midsize mostly just provides more head room.

Just a heads up: I just found out the Florida car seat laws have changed since we went in 2013, thought I'd share the info:
Florida Child Car Seat Laws
It is the responsibility of the supervising adult to ensure that any child under 7 years old is seated in a federally-approved child car seat. Failure to do so could result in a$60 fine and 3 points against your driver's license.

Florida law states:

• Children 7 years old or younger must be secured in a federally approved child restraint system.
  • Children 3 years old and younger must use a separate car-seat or the vehicle's built-in child seat.
  • Children 4 to 7 years old must sit in either a separate car seat, a built in child seat or a seat belt, depending on the child's height and weight.
Use the following car seat guidelines from the FLHSMV while driving with a child in your vehicle.

• Birth to 1 year old and at least 20 lbs.
    • Use a rear-facing child car seat in the back seat of the car.
  • 1 year old and 20 lbs. 4 years old and 40 lbs.
    • Use a forward-facing child seat in the back seat until they reach the weight and height limits recommended by the manufacturer.
    • Switch to a booster seat in the back of the car
  • 4 years old and 40 lbs. 8 years old or 4 ft 9 inches tall
    • Use a booster seat in the back seat until your child is big enough to use the car's seat belt..
  • 8 years old or 4 ft 9 inches tall 12 years old
    • Have your child sit in the backseat with a seatbelt.
    • At 13 years old, your child can sit in the front seat of your car.

We are usually a party of 5 (2 children) and don't care much for the midsize suv. Standard SUV is much more comfortable and I agree with the PP, that's a small price to pay for more "wiggle room"!!!
I consider a premium or full size car to have more useable room than the midsize SUV. Seems like the midsize mostly just provides more head room.

Great. Thanks guys. I will stick with the Standard Size (Santa Fe).

And I am going to use the VISA contract ID (7015504), which I do have several VISA cards just to be absolutely sure I am eligible. It's only $6 more than the Costco contract ID which I am not a member.

[QUOTE="

And I am going to use the VISA contract ID (7015504), which I do have several VISA cards just to be absolutely sure I am eligible. It's only $6 more than the Costco contract ID which I am not a member.[/QUOTE]

Use can use the Alamo Insiders rate, Costco members contract ID 7014627, and the Visa coupon code AD2338FDF and check-in online then go straight to pick up the car without going to the counter. (I haven't done it, but if you look on pages 7 - 11, it appears others have.

[QUOTE="

And I am going to use the VISA contract ID (7015504), which I do have several VISA cards just to be absolutely sure I am eligible. It's only $6 more than the Costco contract ID which I am not a member.

Use can use the Alamo Insiders rate, Costco members contract ID 7014627, and the Visa coupon code AD2338FDF and check-in online then go straight to pick up the car without going to the counter. (I haven't done it, but if you look on pages 7 - 11, it appears others have.[/QUOTE]

I already did the online check-in and printed my paper.

Can you not go straight to the garage with a different Contract ID? Does it have to be Costco?

And I do have Alamo Insiders.

You can go straight to the garage if you do online check in with any contract ID.

Just a fair warning to anyone using the Costco ID and not a member, I am a coscto member and even with the kiosk check in and going straight to the garage I have been asked a couple times randomly for my costco membership card by the employee in the "toll" booth to get out of the parking garage. Its not consistent.

You can go straight to the garage if you do online check in with any contract ID.

Just a fair warning to anyone using the Costco ID and not a member, I am a coscto member and even with the kiosk check in and going straight to the garage I have been asked a couple times randomly for my costco membership card by the employee in the "toll" booth to get out of the parking garage. Its not consistent.

Thanks, was hoping to hear that.

When I did the online check in, it did not ask for my credit card info. Do I pay in the garage?

Thanks, was hoping to hear that.

When I did the online check in, it did not ask for my credit card info. Do I pay in the garage?

Everytime I have done online check in it requires licences to be verified (I am an alamo insider), and a credit card for payment. However, if for some reason online check in does not work, you can go to the kiosk which is very quick and enter license info and pay. Its still way better than standing in line!

Everytime I have done online check in it requires licences to be verified (I am an alamo insider), and a credit card for payment. However, if for some reason online check in does not work, you can go to the kiosk which is very quick and enter license info and pay. Its still way better than standing in line!

I went back online to check my reservation, and nowhere do I see credit card info. But it did ask for driver license.

I hope I do not encounter that random time. I am a long time Costco member, however my son has my card, because he uses it for gas, and he and my husband are in Germany until 2 hours after we leave for Orlando next week :-(

I hope I do not encounter that random time. I am a long time Costco member, however my son has my card, because he uses it for gas, and he and my husband are in Germany until 2 hours after we leave for Orlando next week :-(

If it is convenient ... maybe you can get another card at COSTCO

I had him send me a pic LOL. Not sure it will work. They didn't ask for it last time. I guess we will find out.

I had him send me a pic LOL. Not sure it will work. They didn't ask for it last time. I guess we will find out.

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone asking for it at the exit. I don't think they even know what 1/2 the codes stand for, let alone taking the time to worry about verifying them. You'll be fine.

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone asking for it at the exit. I don't think they even know what 1/2 the codes stand for, let alone taking the time to worry about verifying them. You'll be fine.

I could be in deep poop if they ask for my card and 90% of time I forget to bring it to Fl with me.

I've rented from Alamo several times at MCO and use the Costco code. Every time I offer to show my Costco card & every time they tell me they don't need it. They say the code is already in, they don't need to see the card. I don't think they care what the codes mean either.

wasnt trying to start a debate on if they ask for the card. Just sharing my experience. I do fly in and out of Orlando 5 to 6 times a year and have for the last 10 years. There have been times I have been asked. There are many I have not been. YMMV. Do what is in your comfort zone. Personally I dont use codes I am not eligible for, but I tend to be more of a rule follower, and I realize many others are more risk takers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter