Aug.19/04 cruise

Got the lanyard covered but forgot the highlighters. THANKS for the reminder. I just added it to the list.

It pays to have a "pro" :teeth: on your cruise !!

I just bought a brand new Jaguars hat for the cruise will that do as my "mouse ears" ?? :p

I guess you are not a football fan. :teeth:

Neither, it is a baseball style NFL Jacksonville Jaguars hat. This paticular one is white with the Jaguars logo on it (the logo looks a lot like the one on the football helmet on our name icon on the side).

<------------- LOOK HERE

If you know anyone that is a football New York Giants fan they can tell you all about our ex-head coach that now coaches the NY Giants.

Talk to you later !!

Hi everyone,
Maria, sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully you are ok. I guess you'll just have to do a Disney cruise to relax.
I thought I'd wear something different and wear a Mickey Mouse t-shirt on the cruise. That way you'd recognize me. LOL. I have a blue denim MM sunvisor that I'll probably wear. I'll join you at the pool with a drink.
:jester: Still didn't check into Comfort Inn yet. Had a busy day. I starting writing a list of what to pack but I always pack too much. My mom will have her own suitcase and carry on. My son likes to pack his whole bedroom so he'll have his own suitcase. My daughter and I will share a suitcase and each will have a carry on. Since I'll be stopping at Orlando on the 18th I'm sure I'll buy more MM t-shirts. :hyper:
Paul, looking forward to meeting you and your daughter.
Mike, what does DIS veteran mean?
When we went last year, we were told to take a carry on with our bathing suits. When we boarded the ship, they told us to go right to the buffet lunch since none of the rooms were ready yet. By the time we were done eating, the rooms were ready. We were on the ship by 12.
Is anyone bringing anything dressy?

mickeymom923 -

We will be able to pick you out right away in your Mickey Mouse shirt !! :p

DIS Veteran just means that we have posted at least 75 times, yours will automactially change from Welcomed Guest to DIS Vet when you hit the 75 mark.

We are not bringing anything real dressy. DW got me a very nice low key silk Mickey Tie (a black and white tie with very very small Mickey Mouse heads on it). Thought I might wear it to Animators Pallet (sp?), it should fit in with the black and white to color theme. I wear a tie to work everyday so it doesn't bother me to wear one at dinner like it does others. DW got a couple of nice dresses (not real "dressy"). DD has her princess dresses so she is set.

Plus we all have matching tropical Disney outfits for the deck party (dress for DW and DD princess: and a shirt for me).

We hope to be on the ship early to scope it out, since we our "rookies" :teeth: we need a lot of time.

Talk to you soon.

:wave: I don't know why but I am more excited about this cruise than the other ones that I have gone on. Not to mention we did this last year. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: I have never really "chatted" :chat: before on a forum and I just want to tell each one of you how much I'm enjoying this and how much I'm learning from you. :D I look forward not only to this cruise but to seeing if there are any new messages each day and to meeting all my new Disney friends.:wave: Thanks::yes::
Bev (Mickeymom923)

I dont remember where I got these tips, maybe from another board, but I am going to print it and take it with me. I think it is for the 4 day cruise, not our 3 day cruise, tho.

Disney Cruise Tips:
Go to Deck 7 Aft and find the hidden outdoor deck. Get a Hidden Mickey Scavenger Hunt list. Order Mickey Bars from Room Service (they are not on the menu)
A lot of people miss the Library and room with board games down on deck 2, so be sure to check that out. Also, almost every night on deck 3 in the promenade lounge there are singers that are usually really funny and also very good. They get the crowd involved and unfortunately there have been times where I have been the only person listening to them. This is a great way to spend some time before dinner and a show.

*A tip: Never stop exploring the ship. I have been on it 6 times and everytime I find something new. Like a new beautiful view to look at stars at night, and that wonderful abandoned verandah on deck 7 that has already been mentioned.
Here's a tip about tipping. Go to guest services Thursday and square up on the tipping (unless you're putting cash in the envelopes) -- there will be a big line on Friday night at Guest Services with people doing this.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Has anyone got thier docs yet ?? :confused:

I called our TA last week about them and they either were sent out Friday (July 30th) or won't be sent out until tommorow (Aug 4th). They are waiting on our Disney Dollars (a promotion they had when we booked) to get in so they can be put in our pack. I hate waiting until the last minute to get something done in case there are problems. :scared:

If you have your docs what dinner rotation did you receive?

Marie - Hope your car issues are getting taken care of.

I didn't get the documents yet. While I am away will be the perfect time to get my car fixed. It drives, and that's all I need right now.

When do we get our cabin numbers? Maybe this is how we can hook up.

Or by our real names: Mine is Maria Guastella.

I didn't get the documents yet. While I am away will be the perfect time to get my car fixed. It drives, and that's all I need right now.

When do we get our cabin numbers? Maybe this is how we can hook up.

Or by our real names: Mine is Maria Guastella.

I received our docs about 2 weeks ago. They were shipped UPS. The tickets do not list the dining rotation, just second seating. My son said I should wear his green Eagles cap instead of the MM sunvisor. I don't know why he thinks I'll be more noticeable wearing the Eagles cap. Maria, how do you feel? We'll be in Disney 2 weeks from tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm taking my cell phone and will email everyone separately with my number so that could be another way to get in touch with each other. :thewave:

I will have my cell phone too! Great Idea! I just bought a collapsible water bottle and a flask, and a leopard print shopping bag tote thingey on wheels, which I will use for a carry on.

My email is mahreeyagwastela@yahoo.com, just in case.

PS My travel agent just called and is mailing me my documents.

PPS: Samantha is very excited that we have "pre-friends" for the trip. She looks forward to meeting JulieJoyce!

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is as excited as I am. In 2 weeks, I'll be in Cocoa Beach.

I called DCL last night to find out about the dining rotation. They said we find out when we board and we can call them to request whom we want to sit with if we have the reservation/booking numbers.

I asked about having a meeting and was told they have a conference room that we can request. They gave me someone's name and fax # if we want to do that. They also suggested that we can all meet at one of the lounges (Cadillac Lounge was suggested but it's in the adult only area).

Upon boarding there is a lunch buffet and at 4pm there is a lifeboat drill. Then everyone goes up on deck for an awesome "Bon Voyage" send off around the family pool area.

We all could meet in the port terminal near the model of the ship about 11am or so but I'm sure everyone wants to wait in line to be first to get on.

Any ideas for meeting? Time and date?

:confused: :confused:

Cya real soon.

Bev

GOOD JOB, AGAIN. Yes, let's request we sit together for dinner. I like that.

I was thinking about looking at the deck plans to find a meeting spot, but a conference room at around 3:30 sounds good to me. We will have more than enough time to get back to our rooms, and join the MUSTARD grill. I mean muster drill. It only takes a few minutes to get your room, grab the life vests, and then "muster" (or gather) at the muster station that is closest to your room.

I can't find the Internet site for the Comfort Inn at Cocoa Beach that had the cruise/transfer/parking deal!

:confused:

Hi everyone,

Just WONDERing if everyone got their docs yet? If so, what dining seating?

CYA real soon.

Bev

We got ours docs today :hyper:

Where is the dinner rotation listed?? I thought it would be pretty obvious but I did not see it.

THANKS for any help !!!

:wave: Hi Mike and Sandi. The rotation of the dining rooms are not listed on your docs. :confused: Your docs only state whether you have early or late seating. When you check in at the port you are given a card that looks like a credit card which is your room key and has letters of the dining room rotation. Last year, we had no idea where to go because no one explained it to us. Guess you must be excited :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc : Pinkbounc now that you finally got your docs.:hyper:

Cya real soon.

Bev

mickeymom923 -

Thanks for the info. I did find the dinner seating, still late. We had put in to be moved to early in case our DD princess: started to get tired. But we will have to make do, plus it looks like all of our DIS friends have the same late seating :p .

Now we have to wait to see what our dinner rotations are.

Hey, Guys! I have a cold; thank goodness it is this week, so I will be perfectly healthy by the cruise.

I haven't gotten my docs yet. I saw somebody on another board who is on our cruise (I invited him/her to join us here), who booked a cat. 11 and got upgraded to a 5 or 6. I am so envious!! I hope something like that happens to us!

Anyhoo, on another board, there was mention of an "incident" on the Wonder at Disembarkation on Aug. 5th. Freaked me out! It turned out to be nothing, not even news worthy. But 300 people were delayed until things were cleared up. Something about a mattress and one of those police dogs smelling something he didn't like. Scarey. I am already a jittery wreck when it comes to travel.

So I booked the Comfort Inn at Cocoa Beach. I will be leaving the rental car there for the duration.

Nothing left to do except watch the clock.::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter