Aug.19/04 cruise

juliejoyce

Earning My Ears
Hi...I,m 6 years old and going on the cruise Aug.19th. My dad and I are going together. I hope I can meet some other girls my age to play and swim together with.

juliejoyce -

We will be there with you on the Aug 19 cruise (are families 1st ever Mom, Dad and daughter) with our Disney Daughter age 4 (turns 5 in early Sept).

I'm sure there will plenty of new friends there.

Here is another thread to keep an eye on for the Aug 19 cruise:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=474094

Maybe we will see you around the pool.

I'm sure you will have a "Wonder"-ful time !!

Hi, Julie Joyce!

I have been looking for people cruising on the Wonder 8/19! I was beginning to think I would be all alone.

I am cruising with my niece, Samantha, who is 7 years old. Maybe you two can meet on the ship. It will be just me and her. (Unless my mom joins us) Is it just you and your dad?

Auntie Maria

Mayreeya -

Glad to see there is someone else that will be on the cruise with us :) .

We are looking forward to a great time.:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hopefully other cruisers will jump on this list !!

So how will we know each other on the ship? I will be wearing the Mickey Mouse ears, ok?

I am from New York (New Yawk, as we like to say). My name is Maria, I am a secretary and a Brownie Girl Scout leader. My niece Samantha is 7 years old. She is my brother's daughter.

This will be my fifth cruise, and her first. I have already asked for another cruise for my birthday in August (8/9). I love cruising. I am just worried that this cruise is going to be too short for me.

We are probably going to do the Stingray thing when we get to Nassau Bahamas.

Tell me about yourselves.

HI :wave: Maria -

Glad to see some updates on this thread (hopefully others will jump in).

We are from Jacksonville (Jax, as we like to say :teeth: ), Florida. So we are only a couple of hours away from the cruise terminal.

There will be three of us, my DW (Sandi) myself (Mike) and our DD princess: (Kaitlyn). She is 4 (turning 5 in early Sept).

This is the very first cruise for any of us. We are taking a short one to make sure we like it. But with all the great things we have read and heard about DCL fully expect to book another while on board.

So far we have only signed up for the Eco Jet Ski tour at Castaway Cay. We are trying not to have too much "planned". This way we won't feel rushed if we decide to do something (or not do something). Plus if our DD does not like the Oceaneer Club (which we fully expect her to love) we may have to change our plans.

We are really looking forward to our cruise.

We leave in less then three weeks, there must be more of you out there going with us !!!

I guess nobody knows about this message board. I left several posts on the boards at cruisecritic.com too. Nobody responded there at all! I have made all the packing lists I can; read as much about the Disney Cruise as possible. I hate to rush the summer, but I can't wait til the Cruise! Now I am looking for some small yet roomy luggage. I want to pack as little as possible, and I know that I am going to wind up carrying my niece's luggage too. We are flying into Orlando, using Buddy passes on Spirit Airlines (my brother is a pilot).

Wonder if the Wonder does anything special for birthdays? I will be celebrating my 44th that week.

Which dinner seating are you at? We are the later one.
What kind of room do you have? We have an interior; I am contemplating changing to a balcony.

ta ta!
Maria

Maria -

We have posted on a couple of others lists as well with no luck. I guess most of the computer literate cruisers are going on other weeks. :teeth:

I just dug out our luggage from the attic last night (hasn't been used since our last ski trip out west over 5 years ago, but it still looks brand new). Since we only live a couple hours north of the port we are driving down Thursday morning. I know those transfers at the airport can be a pain, glad we get to skip that.

We have a verandah cabin on deck 7. Since this is our first cruise we wanted to be able to sit outside if we want. We may drop down (outside with window) for our next cruise. Maybe you will get lucky and get a free upgrade (I'm sure we won't be that lucky :( ).

I have read that you can have birthdays, anniversary's etc listed on your reservations, you just need to call DCL. Also you should let your head waiter know during your first dinner. I was thinking of doing that for our DD, she will turn 5 in early September (had to cruise now since she starts kindergarten the Tuesday after we return).

We also got the late seating, we are on the waiting list for early but we are not holding our breath. Have you got your docs yet to see what dinner rotation you have?

I'm sure your niece is very excited, I know our DD is.

Glad to hear from you. There isn't much more for me to do except wait and think about the vacation! I can't even shop anymore!

By the way, am I communicating with the Mama or the Papa?

Once you have a room with a balcony, you can NEVER go back. My hubby and I had a room with a balcony on the Norwegian Dawn last October. It was WONDERFUL! Every morning we had room service bring us coffee and we drank it on the balcony in our p.j.s. The ship ws only 10 months old at that time. It was awesome. And the best part was that it left from New York, our home town.

In March, we did a 5 day Carnival Cruise from Tampa. The flying there and back really took away from the enjoyment of the cruise. Besides, Carnival isn't that great.

This is Mike (the Papa :teeth: ). I do "most" of the posting, my wife doesn't have much computer access during the day (too many meetings). If she posts it is usually at night after our DD princess: is in bed.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the verandah. We are really looking forward to it. We just helped my in-laws book a 7 day Alaska cruise for mid Sept with one. They have been on multiple short Cariabben cruises with and without. I think they will really like the verandah on the longer cruise.

Talk to you later !!

Hi. We're going on the Disney Wonder 8/19/04 and was hoping to find others going with us. I'm really excited and can't wait since it's almost August. :earsboy:

mickeymom923 -

Welcome to the gang. :wave2: Looks like our group is slowly but surely getting bigger.

How many are in your group?? :confused:

We are looking forward to a great time !!!

:jumping1:

I'm a single parent cruising with my 2 teens and my mother. My son is 18 and my princess is almost 17 (9/26). My mother is a senior citizen and I am .............young at heart. We live in Philadelphia PA and I'm flying to Orlando 8/18. Probably staying overnight in Orlando and renting a car and driving to PC 8/19. We did the Disney Wonder last year for my ............th birthday. It was soooo awesome :hyper: . My children wanted to go back and it didn't take much to convince me. I'm so excited :Pinkbounc . Hopefully we can all get together at Disney.

Sounds like you all are going to have a great time. None of us have ever cruised before so this will be a new experiance for us. We have heard and read nothing but great things about DCL.

Our princesses birthday is also in Sept, she will be 5 on the 14th. She is really excited about the trip. She is a hugh Disney Princess fan. Can't wait to take her to the Princess Gathering they have on-board.

Hopefully we can setup a DIS Forum members meet on board.

p.s. You need to have someone look at your PC, looks like you have a key that sticks :teeth: .

It seems like my PC only sticks when it comes to numbers. LOL. My DD was so excited to see all the princesses and she was almost 16. I probably took a picture of her with each princess. I was thrilled to meet my boyfriend there, Mickey, but he kept flirting with someone named Minnie. I tried not to act "Goofy" with him but I felt like I was "quacking" up. Anyway, the shows were great. The food was great. The cruise was great. Truly no one does it like Disney. Please let me know if you can arrange a Dis forum meeting there. It would be great. Hope others will respond to this site.

It was great talking to you. Have a great evening.
Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter