Aug 14th 2004 - Anyone coming with us?

We are on the cruise also. We are Cat6 but with GTY that is why I still do not have documents. Getting very nervous. I am taveling with DH and DD8 and DD10. they are disappointed that that will be in different camps. Last time we were on the Wonder (3 years ago) they let my older daugher go down to be with her sister, Does anyone know if they still do that?:wave2:

We are on the cruise also. We are Cat6 but with GTY that is why I still do not have documents. Getting very nervous. I am taveling with DH and DD8 and DD10. they are disappointed that that will be in different camps. Last time we were on the Wonder (3 years ago) they let my older daugher go down to be with her sister, Does anyone know if they still do that?:wave2:

Welcome to our cruise thread, Gaband Marv! I'm sure your docs will arrive very soon and hope you get a great location (maybe even an upgrade at this stage!:o

Your DD's will actually be in the same space - the Oceaneers Lab. Just in different age groupings, 8-9 and 10-12 so they will probably get to spend quite a lot of time together. It might be an idea to let them try the different groupings for a while to see how it goes because if your older DD moves down, I believe that she has to stay there.

I'm sure you will all have a great time, no matter what you decide!

Skyhawk - so glad you got your docs at last. I'll cancel that dockside protest now!

Yaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! We're well into single digits now! I think we need more bouncy guys!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Really will be seeing you all soon!

Diane

Hi TartanFan,

Wow, I just read the cruise list on page 10 -- you did a great job, Thank you!!!

I am so excited I can't stand it!!!!!! We still haven't gotten our docs yet, but I'm trying to be optomistic that we might get upgraded as a result (we have CAT 6 GTY). Our TA called Disney just to check on Tuesday and they said they hadn't assigned us a cabin yet.

Only one more week til we leave!!!!!!!!!!! (We're leaving next Friday and staying overnight at the Hyatt in the Orlando Airport).
Looking forward to meeting all of you. Is there an actual DIS meet set up? (Sorry if it's been posted and I missed it).

Michele

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :yo-yo: :yo-yo: :yo-yo: :wave: :wave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :yo-yo: :yo-yo: :wave: :wave: :wave: :

Hi Michele - good to see you back! We're even more excited. We leave next Wednesday and have 2 nights at AKL! Woo Hoo!!!

We've got an informal DISmeet arranged - just before Sailaway Party - probably just after the safety drill about 4.15 - on the left side of the Goofy pool near the Bandstand on Deck 9. DH will have a Scotland hat on and I'll hopefully have a tartan lanyard (getting my hair done tomorrow so no telling what colour it will be!). Come on by and say hello!

See you there!

Never tire of the bouncy guys!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I wonder what we will all be doing a week from today!

Can't wait to put a face with the names...been a long time coming and it is almost here! Wow!!

:earsboy: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hey Guys!

Got my tartan ribbon yesterday! Finished the last laundry load today and I've almost got all the packing done! Just waiting for DH to get home from work to pick out his stuff and we're there! Just hope all the bags arrive when we do!

Leaving on Wednesday so if I don't get back on the Boards before then, have a safe trip everyone and see you Saturday!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Diane

Everything is packed, taking the dog to kennel and then packing the truck. Leaving tomorrow at 5 am for the airport, so I guess this is it. Hope everyone has a safe trip to the ship. Will try to meet people on the ship, but I find we get so busy that it doesn't always happen. Short brown hair, glasses with 2 grandkids, boy and girl. Have fun everyone! Almost forgot DH also!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2:

CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S 5 MORE DAYS.. WE'RE LEAVING ON FRIDAY THE 13TH HOPE ITS A LUCKY DAY.... NOT TOTALLY PACKED . BUT THEN AGAIN I FLY BY THE SEAT OF MY PANTS ANYWAY... HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE TRIP .... HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON.....

We still do not have our documents, it's Moday morning and we are leaving Friday the 13th. Getting very nervous, DH thinks we may not be on the boat at all. Everyone I spoke to thinks we are getting upgraded. I will call TA @9:00am to try and find out what is going on.

I wish everyone a safe trip and see you on Saturday.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hope everyone can get to the Orlando area over the next two days. Be safe and watch out for Charlie! Hope to see you on the Magic on Sat PM!

ok - it's over :( For me this cruise was fantastic. It was the best vacation experience of my life. I know it was a bit difficult at first with Charley, and then with several other "atmospheric abnormalities" in the area. The itinerary changes messed things up a bit, but we dealt with it. I feel bad for the people that came on late in Key West, or didn't even make it. I'd like to take an informal role call to see how many of you guys made it, and what your thoughts on the experience were.

Yes, it was a great vacation!! We arrived in Orlando n Friday @4pm. We were told that we were the last flight to land in Orlando. We had a hotel booked (Amerisuites). By the time we checked in to the hotel there was no place to eat and they would not let us leave, so the vending machine worked. We lost power from 8:30pm to 8 am. We went to the airport to get our disney bus to the port. That is when they told us the boat had not docked yet.

We were on the boat about 3pm. And it was all smooth sailing from then on. We had a three hour delay at Orlando airport trying to get to newark yesterday, so besides a very bumpy flight, so were tired and cranky. I am still stuffed from the cruise.

We will definately do it again!!!

We made it to the ship around 12 and waited until we could board.
Had a great vacation, even with all the changes.
Had a long flight home, a lot olf delays, took us 8 hours from Tampa to Pa.
Sorry we missed GC.
We arrived on 8/9 and had to run from Captiva Island, where it made landfall, to WDW on Thursday and weathered out the storm there. We never lost power and they made sure everyone had food. It was the best place to be.

We arrived in Orlando on Thursday, 8/12. We spent Friday at Kennedy Space Center and still thought the storm was going to make landfall in Tampa and then head north to Georgia. It was not until we checked in at the Radisson that we learned that Charley had turned toward Orlando and that Brevard County, including Cape Canaveral was under a voluntary evacuation order. YIKES! We road the storm out at the Radisson, but we were nervous all night. Got even more nervous when the Magic was not in port the next morning!!

At least we were luckier than the passengers from RCL Sovereign of the Seas who missed the ship when it sailed 3 hours early to get out of the port before authorities closed it.

We had a great time despite the changes! Now all we have to do is figure out how to afford to go back!

Spent Charlie at WDW (WL) without major problems, a part lack of food (resort restaurants were shut down and we were forced to remain in our staeroom) and various trees fallen during the hurricane just in front of our balcony.
Drove to Port Canaveral on Saturday morning through reasonably clean roads.
Lot of fun during the cruise, we could meet Tartanfan and had a wonderful time with her and her nice family.
Our Restaurant servers were amazing, they gave us little private show every night!
We already booked next cruise while on board :)
laura

:thewave:

We're just getting home from our time spent in WDW after the cruise. We couldn't get into Orlando so missed the ship in Port Canaveral but caught up with it in Key West and joined our friends. Overall, we are a bit disappointed by the whole experience and will probably cancel our California cruise next summer. On the bright side, WDW was great this year - we all had a blast!

I can't believe the devastation we saw on the way to WDW from the port. All the broken trees and property damage was quite humbling, to say the least.

:sad2:

GAIL:

if I may ask ...:(

WHY were you disappointed by your Magic cruise ?
You talk of "whole experience" ... so I guess you are not only referring to weather problems ...
Are you thinking of changes in our itinerary ... or what ?

HOPE your next vacation will be a WONDERFUL one !!!:bounce:

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter