Aug 14th 2004 - Anyone coming with us?

TartanFan

Mouseketeer
I've searched but can't find a thread on the Aug 14th 2004 Western - are we the only ones so far?! DH and I will be there with DD12, celebrating our 30th anniversary!

Anyone wanna help us celebrate?

Hi Tartan Fan:wave2:

We'll be sailing on the Aug 14th Magic with you! Myself, DH, DS-11, DD-7, my Mom and friend too. This will be our 4th cruise on the Magic and the second on the western itin.

Have you guys ever cruised before? What are you plans for the ports? We'll have to get together and toast your 30yrs :bride: :groom:

See ya in August!

Hi Suzy!

Glad to find a fellow cruiser at last! And what a coincidence! We're going on our 4th Magic adventure and 2nd Western too! Last time was Western in 2002! Looks like your DS and my DD will be in the Lab together - maybe they could get in touch so they have a "friend" before they go. Feel free to PM or email me!

Still in planning stages for excursions - we're negotiating on the culture/beach/chillin on board stuff!

Looking forward to sharing our celebration.

Only 6 months to go! Keep in touch!

:D This will be our first ever cruise and we picked Disney for our daughter, who is 8. The week we picked is the week between summer camp ending and school begininng. She is very excited that she can go to the lab and her dad and I can go another way. I am also new to this type of messaging, so I do not know any abbreviations. I am trying to read up on tips for packing and tips for the cruise, so appreciate any help on ensuring my daughter has a great time. Just being in the sun on a boat will ensure that I have a great time!

First off - Welcome to the DIS! You couldn't have come to a better place to find all the info and tips you need! Glad to have another cruiser with us on August 14th. My daughter was 8 when we first cruised DCL so feel free to shoot any questions our way! (You can email me if you like) And your daughter and mine will be in the Lab together (although in different groups) so maybe they can "look out" for each other!

I know you're all going to have a MAGICal time!

Me too! I just booked a trip last night! Well, I didn't actually book it since Disney was closed and my TA had to clear something with them before our deposit went through, but I'm (hopefully!) but booked up by tonight.

I'm traveling with my DH (28) and my DD (16 mos at the time of cruising). It's my first cruise, but DH grew up in Miami so he's been on cruises before. (Well, I guess it isn't my first cruise. I took an overnight boat from somewhere in England to somewhere in Belguim, but that was just to get from point A to point B :p).

I'm so looking forward to this trip. I know my DD's kind of young to fully get anything out of it, but I just couldn't wait. We're taking her to the MK as well since we'll be in the area. :bounce:

Welcome to our happy band of 8/14 cruisers! Living in the south of England, we've done quite a few of those cross-Channel runs (but mostly to France - never been to Belgium!) and believe me - cruisin Disney-style is in a different universe!

Even if your DD is too young to remember it herself, you'll have all those wonderful memories (not to mention photo opportunities!) to share with her when she's older! We took DD to WDW for the first time when she was 10mos and she still likes to look photos and video at the grand old age of 12yrs!

Looking forward to meeting with you in a little over 5 months!!!

Hi Everyone,

I just registered on this site tonight, and am so excited to see that there are some of you who will be on our cruise on August 14th. I just booked it last week. It is our first ever Disney Cruise and I will be traveling with DH, DD (9) and DD (5 1/2 now, but will be 6 by the time we leave). Some friends of ours are also joining us and have a DD (11) and DD (8). We are going to celebrate my 40th birthday (how did that happen? I'm sure I was just 25 last week) which is actually in May. Ironically though, the day we set sail it is my DH birthday (not a milestone year).

I love reading everyone's cruise reports--they are so informative and interesting! I also read the Passporter's Guide to the Disney Cruise Line before I booked the trip, and was amazed at what an awesome and informative book it is. I can't wait until the new edition is out!!

P.S. How do you get the count down calendar to appear at the bottom of your posts?

Hi, everyone! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We'll be sailing on the August 14th Magic Western too!!
Myself and DH, just the two of us. This will be our third Disney Cruise, first on Western itinerary and we are staying at WDW a few days before our Cruise.

Happy 30th anniversary, Tartanfan! We celebrated our 25th on the Magic two years ago!
We'll be glad to share info and tips on this thread, as well as "MAGICal dreams" :crazy:, while counting down the days missing to our cruise.

BIG HUGS from Italy to everyone !!!! :sunny:

Hi to all the Aug 14th cruisers again! Anyone decided on excursions yet? Only request from DD is to go to a Mayan site so trying to decide between Tulum and San Gervasio. Tulum seems like a very long (and hot!) day to me - anyone have an opinion? I really need time to catch Carlos n Charlies!!!! Think we may do our own thing in the other ports but that could well change!

We're in a Cat 6 on deck 6 aft and have early seating (again DD's choice) but I'm thinking of moving to late. I liked late much better on our last cruise. Just one more thing to obsess about!

Hope you're all enjoying your planning - let's keep the thread alive!

Hi TartanFan!

We're in a category 6 too, but we have a GTY., and don't know where our room is yet. We also have early dinner seating because we thought it would be better for our 2 DD's. (See my first post above).

I've just started looking into excursions, and have been asking others for some suggestions. Let me know what you find. It has to be appropriate for a 6 and 9 year old, though.

I also hope to keep this thread going!!!!!

Michele :jumping1:

We went to a Tulum excursion a few years ago; it was a Royal Caribbean cruise, but the excursion is the same (I think)
It was VEEEERY HOOOT! :sunny:

DH videocamera died due to the high temperature !

Nevertheless I would recommend it if you are interested in archeological sites.

This is the only Mayan site overlooking the Ocean ... and if you are lucky you may have a chance to see an IGUANA sleeping in some hole of the the ruins :confused:

The mexican guides are very friendly and they are proud to be considered as descendants of the Mayan people.

Laura :wave2:

:bounce: Welcome, JJJJ !!!!!!!
Looks like our happy "club" is growing ! :chat:

We are soooooooo looking forward this cruise !!!!
I love " vacationing" - when someone else does ALL THE COOKING AND CLEANING ! ;)

I'm now listening to " LA VIDA MICKEY 2 " ... and dreaming about that wonderful sail away deck party !!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

What do you all "do" while waiting for our ( not so far ) cruise?

LOL Laura :wave2:

It's a music CD. We bought it trough Amazon- but I believe you can find it in US at every music store. It's the kind of music they play during deck parties ... featuring popular Latin tracks, like Mickey loves mambo,Arriba arriba, Besame mucho ... rearranged Mickey style.
:cool1:

I'm crazy about this music because it makes me remember the "magic" sail away party we had on the Magic two years ago ... we got to dance during that party with some of the fellow cruisers (we knew from this board ) : IT WAS FUN !!!!!! :earsgirl: :earsboy:

There is also LA VIDA MICKEY , as lovely as n. 2, featuring "classics" like Oye como va, Ballamos, Guantanamera...
We all are going to listen to these "hits" ( I guess) while OUR ship pulls away from the dock - there will be Disney characters , cast members at the terminal waving the ship off ... For me it's one of the most beautiful experiences of my past cruises. :crazy:

Who wants to party ?

laura:wave:

OK, it's my mission to keep this thread alive and on page 1 until we all sail away!

Laura - know exactly what you mean about the Sailaway Party - we've got video of three of them! (we've done a 4-day when there was only the Magic, an Eastern and a Western two years ago!). Our location of choice is on Deck 10 so that we can enjoy the party on Deck 9 but still see the CM's at the terminal waving us off and us waving to the "poor people" at Jetty Park as we glide up the channel and out to sea! Now you know what I do while I wait - I reminisce (think I may have to get the videos out too!).

Kinda into planning mode but don't want to over-do it - I really quite like the "wing it" attitude and since I've booked the Romantic Escape package, that's something else that'll be taken care of before we go!

Everyone please keep posting - let's make this a MAGICal cruise for all!!!!!!!!!.:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:earseek:

Hey i just signed up on DIS boards and im going on the August 14 cruise too. Im only sixteen but im going with a group of about thirty people and for most of us its our first time. its my first time and im really looking forawrd to it. i was wondering if anybody could send me some cruise tips or someting. looking forawrd to seeing everybody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter