Aug 14th 2004 - Anyone coming with us?

Laura,

Let me see if this jet-lagged brain can put it into words...

I guess we had heard so much about the Disney Cruise that we built it up in our minds and expected to have a fantastic experience. Did we enjoy it? Yes. Was it the best vacation we've taken? No, we've had better experiences at several resorts.

I'm sure that missing the first day and the changes in itinerary had something to do with it. I completely understand and am grateful for the captain's concern for our safety, but missing out on the ports and excursions we had carefully booked months in advance was disappointing. Even our Palo and spa ressies were juggled due to the changes.

Aside from that, while the service and food were fine, they were nothing exceptional. For example, when our Palo ressie got changed to the Pirates night, our server promised to take care of our older children at dinner so they could enjoy the experience. Instead, they sat other people at our table who took the kids' Pirate scarves and the server was oblivious. :mad:

Also, my kids are used to space when we travel and despite the veranda, they felt cramped all week. My 7 year old did not like the kids' program and even the staff said he appeared bored, so it was a chore to get him to go after the first day.

The one shining bright spot and the closest we came to "magic" was the day at Castaway Cay - that was a wonderful way to end the cruise! :sunny:

Pooh's Purple Pal: sorry your cruise was not as MAGICal as you had dreamed of!
Myself and DH had a great time, but I can understand your disappointement: if you are like me, you have been dreaming of this cruise for many and many months .... making it a wonderful experience.

ciao
Laura:wave2:

Only just getting back to reality!
We made the cruise - yeah! Got to Orlando Thursday morning, weathered Charley at AKL and luckily slept through worst as we were still on UK time!
Zoo at Avis on Saturday but made it onto the ship by 2.30pm. Had a wonderful time despite changes to intinerary, ressies, etc and had some wonderful time with Mickeys Dreamers (hi to Laura and Marco!). So sorry the weather messed up our plans for the DISmeet. Also sorry for those whose experience was not as MAGICal as it should have been. But glad everyone is safe and sound!

HI Everyone,

Sorry we missed you, would of like to have met everyone from the Disboard. But we did get to meet Charley. We changed our flight from Friday night to Thursday and got stuck in the middle of the whole thing. We were staying at hotel by the airport. The next day we got to the port early only to find out we had a 2 hour delay. Otherwise the cruise was very good except for some of the changes. We were looking forward to going to Grand Cayman. To bad we couldn't meet, maybe next time. Thanks for all the help and advice about the cruise.

:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Still like those bouncey balls

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter