Attention South Carolina and Georgia Cruisers!!

Hi all I just added our names to the Magic Meeting list. Thanks Mary.

Dave go to the Home Page, then to the Community/Misc., then Magic Mettings. Look for the date 2/16/02 HH.

Hi Everyone,
I just received this e-mail.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hello Teri,
Ryan Harrington forwarded your message to me, as his role now is in Walt
Disney World in Florida. Let me see if I can answer some of your questions.
* Our resort has added four outdoor grills for guests' use (in
addition to the large grill located outside Big Murggie's Den). They're
located near Buildings 17, 18, 24, and 31.
* Yes, both pools will be open in February and will be heated to
approximately 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
* We do not have a meeting room for guests' use.
* As far as dinner cruises, I recommend contacting Spirit of Harbour
Town at 843-842-7179. They offer the following: Savannah trips, sunset
dinner cruises, sunset seafood feasts, and sunset BBQs.
Please let me know if we can assist you further. Our resort's phone number
is 843-341-4100.
We're looking forward to your visit.
Shere Balika, Manager-Guest Service Operations at Disney's Hilton Head

Originally posted by Tluvs2talk

Originally written Shere Balika, Manager-Guest Service Operations at Disney's Hilton Head

Both pools will be open in February and will be heated to
approximately 82 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sounds nice. They might be steaming. According to <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=hilton+head">wunderground.com</a>, the high temperature for the date has ranged from 63 degrees to 80 degrees over the past several years.

Gosh guys...we were on page 4!!!
Great news! My twin sister and her daughter will be driving up from Florida to spend the weekend with us at Hilton Head! I KNEW the 2 bedroom would come in handy!!!

I am so sorry I have not gotten to the "List" yet:(
I keep thinking I will have a chance to get to it, then something comes up. This weekend was spent getting DD girl scout troop ready for the Christmas parade(Sat.) the the Parade itself (Sun.)
It was a lot of work, but lots of fun and the girls had a BALL!
I will work on it tonight after kids are in bed. I might even have it ready to e-mail tonight as well.

Just 75 days to go!
BTW I saw some more very positive comments about the "Private Affair" on the DVC board. One nice thing I saw was that children can attend either at a reduced price or they can "bring in" food, (like pizza or McDonalds) then watch a video while the adults eat. Just a thought!

Lynette...any word yet? We have our collective fingers crossed!
:D

OK folks! I finally did it. The 1st version of the HH list is in your mail box. I did not have an e-mail addresse for Lynette, if you would e-mail me at RellingTwin@aol.com and I will forward you the list as well.
Also, for the folks who live in the area and are planning to attend but not stay...please forward your info to me and I will add you to the list as well.

Relling~ I think email is in my profile???? I have/had a worm/virus ... so, I am trying not to email now! It says it is quarantined, but I don't want to risk anything:confused:
I am just not computer savvy person:(

I doubt that we will be there in February? I am still working ion dh! It depends how his job is going then! We are planning for WDW trip in May, so that is his excuse:(

I wish we could meet all you wonderful people!!!! I'll keep in touch and let you know what's going on here!

Have great nite!

Lynette, I tried your profile. It says e-mail not available.When your e-mail problems are resolved let me know. I hope you and DH can make it to HH!

Don't get me wrong, we really want to come down and meet everyone but, DH and I are wondering...What does one do on Hilton Head Island if you don't play golf or want to shop and it's to cold to swim in the pool. I sure don't want to go there and spend alot of time in our room watching T.V.. We are booked for 3 nights there. Any suggestions????

Originally posted by "Ginger"

What does one do on Hilton Head Island if you don't play golf or want to shop and it's to cold to swim in the pool... We are booked for 3 nights there. Any suggestions?

Have you ever been to Savannah? It's nearby, and if you've never been there, the riverfront area is fun to tour.

The resort has activies, kyaking, dolphin tours, wine/cooking lectures, camp fire stories,ect. There is also a pier for fishing and bikes for rent. When you check in they will give you an "activity list". We took a tour on a sail boat that was a blast! There is also horsebacking riding nearby. While we did spend a fair amount of time sitting poolside while the kids swam, we never lacked for things to do. It is a much more "laid back" then the resorts at WDW. My personal favorite thing to do was to sit on our balcony and read!In the evening we enjoyed "Goofy Goofy BINGO" and also borrowed movies for the kids to watch.56 days to go!

Ginger... I totally agree with Dave. Savannah is a wonderful place to visit. You will love the downtown area and River Street. It's a very romantic, historic city with plenty of seafood to eat. Savannah is just a 45 minute drive from HH.

Dave.... what is the website that allows you to see the past weather patterns for a particular city or area? Thanks!

See you all in February!

Beth11
:D

Originally posted by Beth11

What is the website that allows you to see the past weather patterns for a particular city or area?

www.wunderground.com

Once you find the page for your location, there is a drop-down box at the bottom of the page that lets you pull up the conditions from other dates.

Thanks, Dave! I appreciate your time, effort and wealth of information!!! This website is really interesting and will be helpful as we plan our next vacation!!! I have always had a "love" of weather. I always say that in my next life, I'm going to be a storm chaser or watcher!!!!

Beth11
:) :)

We're going to have to cancel. Tight budget and the opportunity for a rare family gathering that weekend...

Disappointed though.

we had to cancel too. Christmas has put a real crunch on our budget. Maybe we can visit Hilton Head when the weather gets warmer. I do hope that everyone else has a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter