Attention South Carolina and Georgia Cruisers!!

Oh!!! all that food sound delicious.

I have some booklet that I gathered while driving through SC on our way home almost two weeks ago. They have web sites that we can access for info. on the island.

www.wheretogohiltonhead.net

www.hiltonhead.com/events

www.hiltonheadisland.com

Teri I didn't ask for any building in particular just one close to the pool area. William said that pools would be opened but he did know if the weather would be warm enough to swim. He asked me where I was from and how cold it got here. I told him if it was 68 there and the pools was heated we'd be in it.

Hyigene99, there is an airport on Hilton Head, I don't know how big it is maybe just for air hoppers. It may be worth checking into

Yes, there is an airport on Hilton Head (HHH), but the only service is US Airways puddle-jumpers from Charlotte. If you decide to fly in there, it's only ten minutes to the resort.

http://www.hiltonheadairport.com

Savannah's airport (SAV) is about 40 minutes from Hilton Head. It features full-sized jet service from Atlanta on both Delta and AirTran (good fares), and Charlotte on US Airways.

There is also mini-jet service from Newark, LaGuardia, and Washington-Dulles.

http://www.savannahairport.com/

The resort recommends that you get a rental car.

If everyone could please e-mail me your:
Names of the people in your party
Ages of children (if any)
Dates of your reservation
Reservation # (this is so I can "link" them)
Occupation

I will make up a List and give copies to our group only. I will NOT put this info on the board.

RellingTwin@aol.com

reservation made, feb 16 thru 19 , only could get a studio
for 105.00 no more 1 bedrooms left at that time for dis club discount , was on dvc web site and saw that if u book three nights u get the 4th free. though rate was 99.00 per night
going to explore that route also.. now the air fare
peter

is anybody else hearing the music from Main St. electrical parade
or is it just me , if so who did that and how ? :confused: :D
Ginger we where on the magic last year on halloween
not this year .... :mad:

Now is a good time to book for Oct 26, 2002 and join us for all the fun.:D

We had a great time and can't wait to go again next year. All new ports of call. While we were on the ship they offered great rates to book another cruise. I had already made our reservations for next years Halloween Cruise but the rates offered on the ship were lower. They took off $490. and gave us a $100. on board credit for that cruise. :D :D :D :D :D That's how we can go on this little holiday weekend. :bounce:

Thank You DCL.

Geepers~ This is what I get for staying off the boards lately!!! I just saw this post for the 1st time!!!!! :(

I will call tommorow and see if dh and I can still get a room there!!!! This sounds like a BLAST!!!!!!! We LOVE HH!!! It is sooooooooooooo neat .. and the outlet stores aren't that bad either!!!!

I won't sleep a wink tonite :bounce: :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

I will compile the info sent to me and e-mail you all copies!Thanks for sending it so quickly!

Lynette! I hope you can join us! We are going to have BIG fun!:D

Hygiene99, and Ginger,
You are not dreaming. Yes R60 TIGGER and I had the Main steet music in our singnature, we were asked nicely by another Dis user to delete the music . We respectfully took the music out.

Teri

P.S. I liked it too. Thanks

Hi Everyone...

Wow!! You all are doing a wonderful job planning and throwing around ideas!!

I saw the photos on Darla's web site and they were awesome! Her trip reports kept me going while I was patiently waiting those 13 months for our first Disney Cruise last year!! The Beach House is gorgeous and looks like a great place to meet!

I love all of the ideas for dinner... we have low country boils at our house and we can bring the "hardware" if needed. The Beach House would be a perfect setting for this. An onion is a "must" in the pot!!! Yummy! I also love the idea of a private dinner party...oh, to be waited on and not have to do the work would be awesome!! The menus sound incredible as well!! A dinner CRUISE sounds fabulous too, any time that the word CRUISE comes up... you know my ears perk up!!! :D My family is very agreeable and we will be happy to help in anyway. Anything you all decide will be fine with us!!

Our family would need to be on the list for the gate since I don't think we are staying overnight. I may go ahead and make a reservation "just in case."

The Savannah Airport is nice for a city our size! The link Dave provided will be helpful for those who may need it. It's an easy drive to HH from here.

I have a son who is 13 and a daughter who will be almost 10 by the time we have our meet. This is going to be great!!

I'm sorry the music was asked to be taken away. I'm sure the reason was good, but I LOVED it! :) What a great surprise that was!!

You guys are the BEST! This is going to be wonderful. Matching names with faces.... I can't wait!!! I'm also thrilled that we have some other DISers that are not from our area that want to participate! Awesome!!

Mary, thanks again for the great idea!! Please don't hesitate to let me know what I can do to help out!!

Have a wonderful Sunday, all!!!

Beth11
:) :) :)

I enjoyed the music as well, but I asked Teri and Rick to remove it from their signatures so I don't have to surf the DIS boards with my speakers turned off. When I'm surfing at work, the music's a dead giveaway that I'm on a non-work-related site. And when I'm surfing at home, the signature music clashes with the other music I play while I'm surfing. Thanks for agreeing to my request. The music itself was fine. Could you perhaps post a link to it?

My order of preference for the dinner options mentioned...

1) Low-country Boil
2) Private chef
3) Dinner cruise

How neat to get people interested in joining us from points outside the region. This is really going to be fun!

miss the music , but ok i kinda get daves point.
but if know this is going to have music maybe u could like check this post at home .... nad not at work
just expressing myself...... peter

:mad: :confused: :D
like the dinnercruise and the
private chef ideas

Held a 1 bdrm at YUCKY rate! So, I thought that was GREAT excuse to join t he DisneyClub!!! LOL!!! So, hopefully tommorow rate will be reduced if the DC rate is still available:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I love the idea of dinner cruise! We have done this before in Charleston! But, shrimp boil is great too! :)

Mary,

All of the ideas for Dinner sound great!!!!! I haven't heard from the e-mail I sent yet. Will post when I do.

Teri

OK Guys....I will see what I can work out about staying on the Island that weekend...can't
promise...we don't get to get off the Island much and when we can...we head south!!!!!!!

Ginger and all those DVC members....can't you use your points????????????to book the
rooms????????????????????

Dave from Marietta.....restaurants don't do the Low County Boil, a dinner cruise would cost
$$$$, and besides...as Mary says.....there are a ton of great restaurants here.

However.....if everyone wants a LCB....I can check with my firefighters and see if
a couple of them would be willing to do one(for a small price) and if they can find a place
to have it. Disney might be willing to have it on property if the guys would do the cooking.

Let me know............

Phyllis

Phyllis,

I guess I was unclear when I suggested a seafood restaurant or a low-country boil in the same sentence. Those were two seperate suggestions.

If we do the boil, it would definitely be the guys manning the propane and all that just like at a barbeque. And Beth11 said she has the hardware.

Even if a restaurant did offer the boil, it just wouldn't be the same.

Well Phyllis I can only talk for myself, we used all our points, 2 years worth, on the Oct. cruise and 5 night stay at OKW. In other words...WE BE POINT BROKE. I guess we'll have to stop cruisin long enough to save enough money to buy more points.

I have seen pictures of a picinc areas and grills at HH. Can't we use that area to do our own low country boil?
I am going to do some checking on the dinner cruises, I saw one ad for a sunset dinner cruise All-U-can-eat buffet with boiled shrimp, bbq pork, fried chicken, and all the fixin's for $29. adults and $15. for kids. Beer, wine and soft drinks extra, free parking and free gate. I saw another cruise offered, Calibgue Cruises The Daufuskie Crab Company- Daufuskie Crab Company Adventure includes a narrated cruise to Daufuskie, a tour of the island, and a Lowcountry Boil Dinner. All inclusive $39. (gratuity not included) I understand that the cruises may be seasonal.

WE be point Broke also, so we have to pay cash.
Ginger nice job on finding the dinner cruz. they both sound ok like the second one better, crab sounds good ....
still watching a/f from boston i think we have the flight we want
waiting to see if the price is going to drop a little more
we r now flying in the night of the 15 th , but staying at the airport hotel and going to rent car in am, as we do not get in
until after midnight , so not knowing where we r going and we will be tired from work that day , thought that was best.
if we r feeling ambitous maybe we will venture out that way
it would not be the first time we showed up with out a reservation did it at boardwalk also, and we where fine...
Peter:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter