At resort now, maid took our personal bedding.

stephk1981

DIS Veteran
We are currently staying at Beach Club. When we checked in, we were given a room with a balcony light that cannot be turned off due to security ( and no black out curtains in this room.) We called down, they said the next day they could change our rooms, that's great, thank you. The next morning, while we were downstairs getting this sorted, housekeeping came into our room. This would be fine normally except for a few things. I had the do not disturb sign on the door, I had also declined housekeeping in app, and third I had specifically requested at the front desk to not have a maid touch our bedding or towels throughout our stay ( minus them stepping in to do room checks) because my daughter has severe skin allergies that can be set off by many things. We bring our own towels for her, and her own sheets and blankets that we make the bed with. While we were downstairs, the maid came in remade out bed with our blankets touching all of them, and took our personal towels and a flat sheet with her!! She was outside in the hall and I tried to speak with her but she could not understand English. I immediately went downstairs to notify them. They offered no help, but to say we will try to get your towels back. The next morning, they bought us new towels ( same brand name as ours, but a different color.) Saying they could not locate our towels. These towels were feom the last shopping trip I had with my mom before she died. I want MY towels back, I declined the new towels. What can I do from here? This is technically theft, do I not have reason to believe they should be able to find my personal towels? We already lost a full day having to do all of my daughter's bedding and me having to go get her special detergent, shouldn't they be trying hard we r to locate my items that they took.

We are currently staying at Beach Club. When we checked in, we were given a room with a balcony light that cannot be turned off due to security ( and no black out curtains in this room.) We called down, they said the next day they could change our rooms, that's great, thank you. The next morning, while we were downstairs getting this sorted, housekeeping came into our room. This would be fine normally except for a few things. I had the do not disturb sign on the door, I had also declined housekeeping in app, and third I had specifically requested at the front desk to not have a maid touch our bedding or towels throughout our stay ( minus them stepping in to do room checks) because my daughter has severe skin allergies that can be set off by many things. We bring our own towels for her, and her own sheets and blankets that we make the bed with. While we were downstairs, the maid came in remade out bed with our blankets touching all of them, and took our personal towels and a flat sheet with her!! She was outside in the hall and I tried to speak with her but she could not understand English. I immediately went downstairs to notify them. They offered no help, but to say we will try to get your towels back. The next morning, they bought us new towels ( same brand name as ours, but a different color.) Saying they could not locate our towels. These towels were feom the last shopping trip I had with my mom before she died. I want MY towels back, I declined the new towels. What can I do from here? This is technically theft, do I not have reason to believe they should be able to find my personal towels? We already lost a full day having to do all of my daughter's bedding and me having to go get her special detergent, shouldn't they be trying hard we r to locate my items that they took.
What do you want them to do? Yes, they should be able to find the towels and sheet, but what if they can’t?

if they do find your towels, you may want to consider keeping those at home in a chest or something since they mean a lot to you. That way, they won’t get lost, worn out or stained/discolored.

If they can not find your flat sheet, I’m sure they will replace it for just like they offered to replace your towels.

I have had issues with housekeeping but nothing like this.

I hope you get to enjoy your trip.

Oh no, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Things like this can definitely put a damper on a vacation. My guess is that your towels and sheet were put wherever they throw all the dirty towels and linens, most likely with thousands of others. I think they may even send everything to some central location to be washed and sanitized. It may very well be close to impossible to find them at this point. At the very least, they should reimburse you for what you have needed to buy. And a day's park tickets! I hope you can enjoy the rest of your trip.

What do you want them to do? Yes, they should be able to find the towels and sheet, but what if they can’t?

if they do find your towels, you may want to consider keeping those at home in a chest or something since they mean a lot to you. That way, they won’t get lost, worn out or stained/discolored.

If they can not find your flat sheet, I’m sure they will replace it for just like they offered to replace your towels.

I have had issues with housekeeping but nothing like this.

I hope you get to enjoy your trip.
You are right, I obviously shouldn't have brought them! We have a resort stay here every few months as we live locally, and I have NEVER had this happen.
I did tell them the sheets are not that important to me, but I want my towels back. It just really makes no sense because all of their dianey towels were hanging where they normally are, out towels were over the shower and two were on hooks in the bathroom. There was also a wash cloth on the side of the tub and one hand towel. They were obviously not the hotels though, as we hadn't even touched their towels.

I have learned my lesson though!

Oh no, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Things like this can definitely put a damper on a vacation. My guess is that your towels and sheet were put wherever they throw all the dirty towels and linens, most likely with thousands of others. I think they may even send everything to some central location to be washed and sanitized. It may very well be close to impossible to find them at this point. At the very least, they should reimburse you for what you have needed to buy. And a day's park tickets! I hope you can enjoy the rest of your trip.
Thank you!
They did say the laundry had been sent out. We are local, so Don't need tickets, but I really want my towels back.

There's a way to file a claim with Lost & Found at Disney. Someone at your resort can help with that. Seems like the towels would have to turn up at some point, don't they look completely different from the Disney towels? I'd file with lost & found and way a few days for the laundry to cycle through. Good luck!

Are they a different color other than white? It should be very easy to find towels and a flat sheet if they are any other color than white since Disney uses white. But if they are also white the only hope would be to fill out the Lost and Found form

A little advice, late ,but for future reference.
I have a hair drying towel I take to Disney. When I hang it up to dry I pin a note stating “ personal property, do not remove. I also bring my own pillow and put it in my suitcase when I leave the room.
Housekeeping was told to clean the room since you were changing rooms. They have limited time and she was just doing her job. No theft.
Sorry this happened and I hope they can find your towels. I would not pin my hopes on it though. They send out tons of laundry every day. Disney did replace them and they did not have to do that. We all must be responsible for our own belongings when on vacation.

A little advice, late ,but for future reference.
I have a hair drying towel I take to Disney. When I hang it up to dry I pin a note stating “ personal property, do not remove. I also bring my own pillow and put it in my suitcase when I leave the room.
Housekeeping was told to clean the room since you were changing rooms. They have limited time and she was just doing her job. No theft.
Sorry this happened and I hope they can find your towels. I would not pin my hopes on it though. They send out tons of laundry every day. Disney did replace them and they did not have to do that. We all must be responsible for our own belongings when on vacation.
I love the tips and will do this in the future! To be clear, we had not agreed to change rooms yet, so the housekeeper had no idea at this point.

For reference this sign means absolutely NOTHING! Their housekeeping operation is a disaster and I don't think there is any communication. On our last trip I opted for every other day but they came every day but not once did they make the bed. They were the rudest most unfriendly people at the resort, a huge contrast to everyone else.

My DS#1 (disabled) brings his own blanket, small pillow and other items with him for comfort. As soon as he is up I remove all of these items from the bed and fold them on top of our suitcases. I then usually lay something across them that make it clear it is not anything they should touch.

Unfortunately anything left on the bed or in the bathroom is fair game. Many children have lost their special friends to the abyss of housekeeping because they left them on the bed. Best bet if you bring towels is a brightly colored towel that is obviously not theirs. Never anything of value. When we go to waterparks we take our oldest thinnest most worthless beach towels, in case they disappear.

Sadly I don't think you have any recourse and I'd be shocked if they even tried to find your towels.

I would be livid! I'm sorry this happened to you. Won't help you now, but for those reading this thread....If you are in that situation in the future and can't communicate because of the language barrier, take out your phone and use Google Translate. You can say what you want and it will translate it and read it back in the language of your choosing

I want to empathize with you but I can't. It was an accident. Not even close to theft. They tried to replace the towels. You declined. So it is over. Time to move on. File a lost and found ticket on line and then go buy your own replacement towel.

I even leaned over and asked my mother what I should do if I lost a common household item that was the laat thing we bought together. My mother being the sentimental type.
" I dont care what you do as long as you get my ashes into Discovery River. Wait-I wont be happy if my ashes end up in the Disney landfill."

If they were white sheets, I can see housekeepers who have had to do a whole corridor's worth of rooms in one morning not noticing that they weren't Disney's sheets and ripping them off quickly, so they can get your room done, sorry.

We brought our own sheets and pillow cases a few times I always make sure they are dark colors. And before we leave he room I pull them off the bed and pillows and put them in a drawer. Did op ever say if they were white or not ?

Are they a different color other than white? It should be very easy to find towels and a flat sheet if they are any other color than white since Disney uses white. But if they are also white the only hope would be to fill out the Lost and Found form

Best bet if you bring towels is a brightly colored towel that is obviously not theirs.

If they were white sheets, I can see housekeepers who have had to do a whole corridor's worth of rooms in one morning not noticing that they weren't Disney's sheets and ripping them off quickly, so they can get your room done, sorry.

We brought our own sheets and pillow cases a few times I always make sure they are dark colors.
That's what I was going to say, but many people beat me to it. I bring my own pillowcase. I always make sure it's a color other than white.

Sorry you're dealing with this on vacation. I hope your towels and sheets are of a different color and turn up and the rest of your trip is more magical.

For all the people judging you, hindsight is always 20/20. OP did everything she could to believe this wouldn't happen. I could see how I could have this same issue, we always decline room service and I can't think of anywhere we've traveled recently who haven't abided by our wishes. This is just poor service from Disney and unfair to assign blame to OP since it shouldn't have happened even though it did.

I usually pack a pillow and I always make it a bright color and pack it in the suitecase when I leave the room. Trust no one in terms of bedding/towels. You are dealing with employees that just want to get in and out of the room as fast as they can. Sorry this happened to you.

Lots of possibilities not necessarily due to Disney service quality being much diminished.

Someone may have given the mousekeeper the wrong room number or gotten digits wrong somewhere in the process.

The mousekeeper may not have understood which rooms to do or been confused as to which were no service. Might also (very likely these days) been hastily trained and not familiar enough with procedures. Inexperienced possibly, too.

Because the OP said nothing like this had happened before in multiple stays, this time was the perfect storm, which struck in an especially painful way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter