Asthma tip -- first time that I didn't get sick after WDW

teri

DIS Veteran
I have asthma, and it seemed that every time I went to WDW I would come home wheezy and have sinusitis, bronchitis or pneumonia within a few days. This time, I took a mask, used it *almost* every time I was near fireworks or special effects. I did go into a karaoke bar with some friends one night for about 1/2 an hour, had to leave and use my rescue inhaler once because of the smoke -- but that was the only time I had to use it on the whole trip. I really think the mask helped! I highly recommend it. I used the 3M 8511 with the little cool-flow valve. It was just a couple of dollars, worth every penny :)

When we were at Fantasmic and Illuminations, the cloud of fireworks smoke came right at us - a few people around me were a bit jealous...

That fireworks smoke bothers people who don't have asthma, so I can imagine how difficult it must be for someone who has problems.
Thanks for posting the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter