• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

First of all, is is a Fact that the U.S. now has confirmed cases within our borders... and I cannot think of a faster way to spread it widely in a single day than having thousands of people touch the same scanner after an infected person. (It is the exact reason Disney had to close the two parks in China). Some people would take advantage of not having to match their finger to the bands, but seriously, Disney cannot put collecting every last dime ahead of Public Safety.

In that case every single company, and public building all over the US should close it's doors, especially during Flu season.

If you are really that worried, pack some hand sanitizer, wash your hands frequently and don't suck on your fingers.

We didn't say that it had anything to do with the corovavirus, in fact @Brianstl pointed out that it probably didn't. And the cases are similar in that there is a major ongoing international concern about undue influence and IP theft from Chinese nationals, of which the concerns surrounding Huawei are perhaps the highest-profile example.

Either way, the vetting process evidently failed. It's reasonable to question it, even by the unwashed masses like us.
Except the initial post had both articles, thus the implication there may be a link in regards to the vetting process for both disciplines.

I am well aware of the IP concerns including Huawei.

I would imagine , the vetting process between a Harvard chairman is vastly different than the vetting process for a researcher into a Cat 4 facility in a an entirely different country. Linking the two in the original post is very circumstantial at best.

Except the initial post had both articles, thus the implication there may be a link in regards to the vetting process for both disciplines.

I am well aware of the IP concerns including Huawei.

I would imagine , the vetting process between a Harvard chairman is vastly different than the vetting process for a researcher into a Cat 4 facility in a an entirely different country. Linking the two in the original post is very circumstantial at best.
They were not posted together in the same post.

In that case every single company, and public building all over the US should close it's doors, especially during Flu season.

If you are really that worried, pack some hand sanitizer, wash your hands frequently and don't suck on your fingers.
Ironically enough in the last day or two... "The US Food and Drug Administration is giving the maker of Purell products a stern warning: Stop making unproven claims that over-the-counter hand sanitizers help eliminate Ebola, MRSA or the flu."

However frequently washing your hands with soap and hot water is the go-to recommendation for viruses prevention.

This is a frequent point of conversations on cruise boards.

First of all, is is a Fact that the U.S. now has confirmed cases within our borders... and I cannot think of a faster way to spread it widely in a single day than having thousands of people touch the same scanner after an infected person. (It is the exact reason Disney had to close the two parks in China). Some people would take advantage of not having to match their finger to the bands, but seriously, Disney cannot put collecting every last dime ahead of Public Safety.

If Disney has to stop the finger scan then they should close the park. People would still have to touch door handles, benches, rails, tables, chairs, etc. when they are in the park.

TL;DR of the announcement:

They're declaring it a global emergency due to the potential of it spreading to poor countries that are ill-equipped to handle it. They are not currently recommending travel restrictions. Also repeated several times that China's response has been amazing.

I'm not familiar with this process, but I assume it's a checkmark to allow governments to take stronger measures.

See, I'm not sure why this is news. Obviously, the disease is spread human to human, we already know that. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be 8000+ cases in such a short period of time. Furthermore, it's the husband of the woman already diagnosed, who was in Wuhan. Why is anyone surprised that the spouse caught it?

This isn't directed at you, just the media in general.
This human-to-human refers to the fact that it's the first time someone in the US who did not travel to China has been diagnosed. All prior cases were people who had been in China. And of course it's not a surprise given what we know, but merely a confirmation of inevitability. Spouses, children, roommates, ER nurses, will be the next to get sick. And if there is enough contagion that way, then it will become a BFD in the US, which it isn't yet.

Ironically enough in the last day or two... "The US Food and Drug Administration is giving the maker of Purell products a stern warning: Stop making unproven claims that over-the-counter hand sanitizers help eliminate Ebola, MRSA or the flu."

However frequently washing your hands with soap and hot water is the go-to recommendation for viruses prevention.

This is a frequent point of conversations on cruise boards.

Soap does not kill viruses, it just washes them off the hands. Using alcohol could do the same, albeit not as well but it's better than nothing if you can't get to a sink.

Soap does not kill viruses, it just washes them off the hands. Using alcohol could do the same, albeit not as well but it's better than nothing if you can't get to a sink.
Nor did I intend to imply soap kill viruses. There was a reference that using hand washes would solve some of the problems. I was trying to to say that using hot water and soap and scrubbing for 20 or 30 more seconds is more effective than using non-alchohol based hand washes such as Purell.

They're declaring it a global emergency due to the potential of it spreading to poor countries that are ill-equipped to handle it. They are not currently recommending travel restrictions. Also repeated several times that China's response has been amazing.

I'm not familiar with this process, but I assume it's a checkmark to allow governments to take stronger measures.
Of course they are going to praise the Chinese response, they don’t want them to stop sharing information. The truth is the Chinese response was terrible. They jailed eight doctors in December that tried to alert the world on what was emerging in Wuhan. Labeled them enemies of the people who were spreading false information to make communist government look bad. So they can spare me the praise for China.

I think the state department just issued a “do not travel” order. So you might have spoken too soon

Of course they are going to praise the Chinese response, they don’t want them to stop sharing information. The truth is the Chinese response was terrible. They jailed eight doctors in December that tried to alert the world on what was emerging in Wuhan. Labeled them enemies of the people who were spreading false information to make communist government look bad. So they can spare me the praise for China.

Source? Not that I doubt it, would just like to read it for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter