• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Article About Our Shirley..

Originally posted by buzz&woody'smom

Does Shirley have a website where I can see the type of gifts that I can get for my 2003 sailing?

www.theperfectgift.cc

But be sure to use the web site only to get ideas. Shirley and her staff are great about customizing the baskets to your exact specifications. Check out the site and then call her on her toll-free #.

That's our Shirley and Norm. What a blessing they are to everyone who crosses their path! :)
I had the pleasure of meeting her after our Halloween Cruise. What a nice chat we had!
Jan :earsgirl:

Jan!

You got to meet Shirley?! Wow! You never told me that. Well, then again, you never disclosed your taxes to me either (hahah)
I warned you earlier I was in rare form.

Lucky you to get to meet Shirley - I know her baskets and flower arrangements are wonderful.

Again, another plug for The Perfect Gift - you can't get fresher or better quality flowers or baskets than from Shirley.

Rae

RAE: You truly are feeling better !! :) !!
I never told you I met Shirley because you never asked. :)

When we were posting on the Halloween Thread last year someone got the idea that if we could get a photo taken from the GRILL and if all of us were in the same place on the sail-away party, it would be a neat momento. Shirley was following our Thread and she volunteered. At the last minute her sister-in-law who is wrestling with cancer needed a visit and she asked one of her "girls" to do it, but it got lost in the shuffle. No biggie.

I stopped after the cruise to thank her for trying. We had a nice chat and I met her puppy too. I checked out her shop--it is amazing :D She has everything in there and perhaps the kitchen sink in the back room!

She had also told on another thread about a place to watch the Manatee so we went there once before the cruise and once after but they were not visiting that area at that time :(

What a sweetie.

If you want a glimpse of Shirley "for real" and a tear jerker story, check out
www.dcltribute.com/wedding/
The article was written by Dave-of-Marietta, who, along with his DW, attended the wedding of Joanna and Ernie.
Some of us followed the THREAD on this Board as the plans were laid to unite two families before a Disney Cruise.
Shirley made it all fall into place.
Have a tissue handy when you read.

My DW (Cam) and I found out first hand how wonderful Shirley (& Norm) are during our June ('02) Western - Magic cruise. We left port in a torrential rain storm, overcast, ugly... no sun anywhere to be seen. The next morning the sun came up and I looked for my sunglasses. I couldn't find them... an eerie feeling came over me and I realized I had left them in the rental car (Enterprise) at the Raddison the day before when I turned it in.

The sunglasses had prescription lenses and I was out quite a few $$ if I lost them. We didn't panic, I called Enterprise and they had them (whew!). Then we called Shirley on our cell phone since we were just arriving in Key West. Shirley had someone from the Perfect Gift stop over and pick them up for me. She and I tried to arrange a Fed-X overnight delivery of them to the ship's agent in Cozumel or Grand Cayman. We anguished over this and the Magic's Guest Services helped us with addresses and phone numbers for their agents in those locations. Due to timing of deliveries, and logistic problems, we finally decided to have Shirley hold them and ship them to my home address in Delaware - they were here when I got home... safe and sound. I bought clip-ons in Key West that I used for the trip.

Shirley's shop is cute and we recommend it for anyone !! My DW (Cam) and I sent packages to each other and loved them!! Shirley went "all out" and personally shopped for specific items I wanted in my wife's basket. Above and beyond the call of duty.

Shirley is a wonderful, caring, and unselfish person who deserves all the accolades she gets.

Luv ya Shirley!

Howard

Hello all,
I enjoy when I hear from friends that I have made during before, middle and after cruise adventures - Howard am so glad you and Cam are doing good - often think of you guys - also Rae - sorry we didn't meet - we have a common bond in lost of our children,
Jan - how can I forget you gal - I remember how I "looked" when we first met - I mean I have earned all of my gray hair, but I am darn if I will show them yet :) - Sue I got your beautiful card - thank you for thinking of me - tell Dakota thank you also for me.
As I have said many times before - I AM BLESSED.
Florida is going to be "freezing" tonight so those on the way down here stay warm - the cruisers from yesterdays Wonder - how did you like your glance of the shuttle going up - it was breathtaking wasn't it.
Meanwhile everyone stay well and warm.
Hugsssssss from
Norm and Shirley
the 2 old conchs from Key West

Hello DIS Board Friends,

I have not been on the boards since the time frame of the Virus on the ships. With no cruises planned, a few under my belt, and a great knowledge about DCL, I am not as obsessed as in the past with going to the web site. But, imagine my surprise when I logged on this morning and read the article about Shirley and Norm in the Cape Canaveral Magazine.

You see, I am the "distraught" woman who called Shirley on that early May morning. Shirley's warm and comforting voice made me feel instantly better and I knew that everything would be okay. It was amazing how Shirley "took total control" over what could have been a nightmare for a traveling family with no contacts in the area. I will never forget her kindness to someone she had NEVER met... only spoken to on the telephone! We are forever friends!!!! I feel like I've known Shirley all of my life!! What a blessing and an inspiration she has been to me.

After we returned from the cruise, I wrote a letter to the editor of the Port Canaveral newspaper praising Shirley as one of their "finest" citizens and explaining what she had done for us. The article was never published, but perhaps this is how the information of Shirley and Norm's good deeds were spread around town.

Shirley and Norm are very gracious, caring, loving and giving individuals who are a rare gift in our world! They make a difference in many lives in many different ways. I have been touched by their kindness and love. You never know what they may do next. Shirley and Norm are "THE PERFECT GIFT to humanity! Okay, now I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. I better stop or I'll be in tears at my computer!!

Have a DIS day all... and stay warm... it's so cold in so many places!!

Beth

Most of all THANKS TO YOU BETH FOR IT WAS YOU THAT STARTED OUR ROMANCE WITH THE DISBOARD - Beth was the first to order from the Perfect Gift - a totally surprise package for her hubby birthday and also he was unaware of the months and months of planning his cruise with the family -he didn't realize it until he was taken to the Disney Cruise Line - we had the opportunity to be a part of this well laid plan - Thank you Beth for introducing me to so many fine people that are just awesome to know -
Have a great year sweetie and will talk to you soon
Always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter