Article About Our Shirley..

natsmom125

Performed live, on stage aboard The Magic. Lucky
Today I received my Port Canaveral Magazine and in it was a sweet article on Shirley and how WONDERful and MAGICal she is to everyone.

I will be happy to fax this article to someone(Barb, Tony, Dave??)
who can then scan to these boards.

Email me a fax # at NATSMOM125@AOL.COM and I will fax from work tomorrow

Or if anyone else received this little magazine, and has scanning capabilities.....go for it!!!

I just thought everyone would like to read this.

SHIRLEY....I'll fax it to you tomorrow after I get to work, if you haven't already seen it.

Phyllis

:cool:

Well now how cool is that? :) I do hope someone scans it and posts it, I would love to see it.

OK....Dave and Barb are being/will be faxed the article shortly....

And I'm sure it will be posted as soon as they can get it done!!!

It's a small article, but as I said...shows how WONDERful and
MAGICal she is.

Phyllis
:cool:

That is a lovely article and no surprise in the least what Shirley and Norm did! :sunny: Thanks for posting it, Dave.

Wow! Our Shirley is one amazing woman! It is an honor to be able to say that I have met her in person!

With all the news coverage of wars, terrorism and all things bad in
between, how refreshing that someone took the time to write that!! Shirley don't ever stop being who you are,hopefully it will inspire others to be the same. God Bless you!

Hello everyone,
DID YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS? Norm and I played couch potatoes until we went to son #3's house for supper - my grandson who is stationed in Japan not only just got married (all on 14 days leave), but he and his new wife Susan were there and I could visit with them (I married them last Saturday- my grandson had asked me several months ago and I felt honored)
Anyhow we survived marriage, death in family and then the Holidays. This morn as I was at work Phyllis faxed me a copy of an article that had been put in the Port Canaveral flyer - I was super surprise since Norm and I do not know how it got in there or even tho put it in there - the Mayor of Cape Canaveral called me today to just say thank you for being more than a shop - anyhow to whomever put it in there - thank you for knowing we do care about those that come to Brevard County - and no - no strings attached - we have helped also those that just happen to have our number for "just because". It is good to know when you are in a strange town, someone cares enough to help - BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT -
Anyhow thanks from Norm and I for all the caring that is shown - it does cone back doublefold.
Take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR (well next week that is)
:D
Always
Shirley and Norm

Here's a thread describing the specific incident cited:

<a href="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=45854">Shirley from The Perfect Gift is an ANGEL and a LIFE SAVER!!!</a>

We need more people in the world like Shirley and Norm. What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Shirley is a breath of fresh air!!

We love ya', girlfriend!

Rae

While I have not had the pleasure of meeting Shirley in person, she is one of those people you talk to on the phone and you feel like you've known her your whole life. Is there a sweeter, kinder, more down to earth lady in Port Canaveral? Nah, couldn't be. Congrats on the well deserved recognition, Shirley!!:)
Cathy

I agree I have talked to her on the phone and it feels like you have known her for years personality plus. Congrats!!!!!! you deserve it Shirley I wish there were more people like you in the world today. But you make it worthwhile just being you. :)

Hi Shirley, so nice to meet you. We receive the Port Canveral magazine too and I thought to myself, "What wonderful people this couple must be!" I never knew it was a fellow DISer! It just made my day to read the article and then to know that you are on the DIS!

Now I am seriously thinking of ordering some stuff for our June Wonder cruise! Heck, we can't go wrong by ordering from you!

Sincerely,
Angie

Hello again everyone,
Thank you from the heart for the kindness shown here - sometimes I get discourage for you see and hear so much sadness around the world and you wish you could do something about everyone that had hurts but since Norm and I can't save the world - the next best thing is to be here just in case someone had a problem - believe it isn't any trouble - we enjoy meeting all the new friends.
anyhow God bless each and all super good.
With love always
Shirley & Norm

Hi Shirley! I will be seeing you on Friday at Fawn's wedding. I am also looking forward to seeing my son's expression when he sees the basket i ordered from you! See you soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter