ARRRRRRRGH FP+ Nightmares

I’m jumping in to say that we had the same experience as well- between the laptop, my phone, my husband’s phone and the tablet, I was ready to throw them all out the window! It was 9:00pm for us here in Australia and I didn’t get it all done until 11:00pm (we are staying for 13 nights so we had a lot to get).

Your post made me smile- glad to know we were all in agony at the same time :goodvibes

Ugh. Having the same issue. I've tried everything. Now it's saying all fastpasses are concluded for September 24th. Hope it gets better soon.

It keeps saying there are none available in the morning at Magic Kingdom in the morning of Sept 24. Does that sound right? I can't imagine it being that full already. Do you think it's a glitch?

No there's definitely a problem. I keep getting the Whoops Olaf's head on the ground page.

I just called and was welcomed with "Due to heavier than usual call volume the first agent will be available in 90 minutes".

Up at 5:30 CDT for 6:00 FP+ at the 60 day mark and the system was all about crash, crash, crash. So between my PC, I-Pad, my phone, and my wife's phone we were able to cobble together our plans for our September 22 trip. Did not get times I liked so much but they will be okay and I got SDD and FOP so I have no issues there. We are also going to the 7:00 AP event in Toy Story Land so we get two SDD.

It was just absolutely nuts the number of times we were kicked out, kicked off or got to see Olaf's head laying on the ground. Another one that I have never seen before came up as well. The system telling me that every FP+ for every park was taken for 60 days plus 4. That was a new one.
My day was yesterday too to book, and it was extremely frustrating! I could not believe that FOP I could not get until 60 +4 and SDD 60+5.

It keeps saying there’s nothing available in the mornings. I’ll keep trying. Thanks, all!

75 minutes and I have been able to get 5 booked. Nothing in the last 45 minutes. Will not confirm anything if you can struggle to that point.

And that includes being incognito....

Mobile app will not even show friends and family so it is worthless

I was just trying to change things with our trip because we decided to stay 2 extra days. I'm glad you posted Tex1989 so I know it's not just my MDE having issues.

sorry, but the advance booking system for fast passes should work as described. Disney forces you to use it if you want advance fast passes. They make you pay more to stay on site in order to book your fast passes early. They tell us how great the fast pass system is in all their advertisements.

No one should have so much trouble trying to book their fast passes.

Love the comment "roll with it"! I rolled with it, we got what we wanted albeit not at the exact times we wanted. So be it. I did not call about it because I usually never do call about those kinds of issues. We just used four different devices to accomplish the bookings. Two phones a PC and an I-Pad. And the weird part is no one device was more successful than the others.

I have seen Stitch eating the page, Olaf's head on the ground and just been plain kicked out. By far the strangest one which I had not seen before was when I picked the date and the four park choices showed it saying that all FP+ Expierences had been taken for the day. This at 60+5. That was a first for me.

Post was more a warning than anything else to say hang in there and prepare for it to take some time. I normally leave for work at 6:30 CDT which is 7:30 EDT meaning I would have 30 minutes to do the FP+. Yesterday I drove in rather than taking my carpool just in case and sure enough we did not finish all the FP+ stuff till 7:20. So basically an hour and 20 minutes to do something I have done in 15 minutes in the past. Make sure you have enough time.

My day was yesterday too to book, and it was extremely frustrating! I could not believe that FOP I could not get until 60 +4 and SDD 60+5.

Even with the issues we got FOP at 60 + 5 at 10:00 AM and SDD at 60+3 at 3:00PM. That is not great but it is the same day we will be in Toy Story Land at 7:00 AM for the AP event so hopefully if we can wake up on time we get to ride it twice in one day.

I wish you would rename this thread “FastPass System Status.” This thread maybe could become a pinned portal for a continuous update of everyone’s daily experience with the FastPass System.

Thanks all who have posted so far....

I agree that with Disney’s resources, and the fact that they’ve moved everything online now, the system should at least function.

That said, OP, if you don’t like some of your FP times, try modifying. If nothing good comes up, refresh (pick “morning” or “afternoon” or a specific time to just to make it search again) and keep trying. You’ll be surprised at the differing options.

It keeps saying there are none available in the morning at Magic Kingdom in the morning of Sept 24. Does that sound right? I can't imagine it being that full already. Do you think it's a glitch?

It's a glitch! I got messages like that and just kept trying. I realize that Food and Wine Festival is going on at that time but we were there last year later and we were able to get what we wanted. Interestingly enough since we have AP's I can always look out at least 30 days for FP+ and leading up to our 60 day window I was always looking 30 days out and with the exception of FOP, SDD, and Alien Spin there were always some available for everything else. Granted Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was at 6:00 PM but they were still there. I also realize that 30 days landed me in August, not September and there are different dynamics at play but really never thought I would have any issues getting them. And honestly we did get what we wanted, it just took a lot of extra time and a fair amount of frustration. I guess you just have to accept the current status of the system and continue to try. I will say that the first time I got to SDD the time was like 2:00 PM but got booted before I could confirm it. By the time I got to it three tries later we got it closer to 4:00PM. Now I fully understand that a couple hours on vacation is not a big deal and even a lesser deal since we will be there early that morning for the AP event, but the fear was not getting my exact time but rather that a few fails later we might not have gotten it at all.

We are not plan to the last minute of everyday kind of people but we generally like to know what park we are in by day and try to book early so we have flexibility in the afternoon. Seeking the E Ticket rides can really put a dink in those plans given the current state of MDE.

Even with the issues we got FOP at 60 + 5 at 10:00 AM and SDD at 60+3 at 3:00PM. That is not great but it is the same day we will be in Toy Story Land at 7:00 AM for the AP event so hopefully if we can wake up on time we get to ride it twice in one day.
My times are at 1:35 for FOP and 4:55 for SDD, so definitely not terrible.

We all pay the price so I'm not seeing the difference between something not working for me vs someone else. The real difference is some can roll with it and some I guess cannot.

The point is no one should HAVE to roll with it. They should fix the dang problem. Its ridiculous. They have the technology to do all they do and their website and app keep going down?? Seriously?

No reason to be rude about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter