Are You a Worrier?

My grandmother used to say I'd have an ulcer by the time I was six.

So...yeah, I'm a worrier (often over the "wrong" stuff, especially if you ask my DH.) It's usually worse if there is any way I could blame myself for the thing I'm worrying about, and it's definitely worse if I'm tired.

I've gotten better over the years, and casual friends may even think I'm not a worrier, because when I do get into "go with the flow mode" I'm pretty good at it. But there's often a lot of contingency planning behind that.

The good news is, I'm also a slow processor - so I only worry if I have time to worry, if that makes sense. In an actual crisis, I'm the one you want - because I'll react calmly and logically when it counts and completely fall apart later when I get a breath.

I am very much a worrier. I can worry about almost anything. I have gotten a bit better as I have gotten older. I do however react well in a crisis or if there is an actual problem. Afterwards the PTSD kicks in and I am a wreck for a while. People I have worked with have said that I am the one to be working with if the systems go down or something really goes wrong. I keep calm and just look for a solution.

Not really. My mother has always been a worrier, while my dad is very calm and stable in every situation. When I was young, I overthought everything. But, I've spent a lifetime teaching myself how to be more like my dad and less like my mom. If there's something I can do to make a situation better, I will do it, even if it's hard or difficult or painful. I prefer that to the suffering of worry. If there's nothing I can do to change a situation, I let it go. There is no point in agonizing over something I have no control over.

I have panic disorder and had agoraphobia so worry when getting medical tests. I have a "everyone has to be happy" worry. I have to know no one is offended, did everyone get invited, is there enough food, did everyone eat. I hate it and wish I could stop and not worry like everyone else and just have a good time.

Yes, terrible worrier. I'm surprised at the people who say they've gotten better with age. Really? I've gotten worse. In fact I don't really remember worrying when I was younger at all.

I've always been very organized and a planner. I plan for everything. Somehow I think as long as I have a plan for a disaster it won't happen. And so far I've been right. Having a plan keeps me calm because I know I'll be able to get myself out of whatever the situation is.

It's easy to say just don't worry about it, but some of us just aren't wired that way and can't turn those feelings off.

It's easy to say just don't worry about it, but some of us just aren't wired that way and can't turn those feelings off.

Amen!!!

I'm a worrier and I have anxiety! It's not something I can always control.

My mother was a worrier and to some extent I think it limited me a bit as a child/young adult. It also caused me to not necessarily share everything because of her reaction.

I’m not a Chicken Little type of worrier. I’m a planner. I plan for situations. I plan for contingencies. I’m a list maker.

I’m also a deeper thinker than most people realize. When situations arise that are upsetting to me, I spend a lot of time “processing” them. And by processing I don’t mean wringing my hands saying “woe is me”. I mean actively thinking “here is my situation, here is my reaction to my situation, here is what I need to do about the situation”.

I’m in processing mode right now over a situation. But once I process then
I’m OK.

I am a worrier by nature, but have learned that we can't control so many things in life. I "talk to myself" by saying that we can't control other people. I worry less now after the very sudden death of both of my elderly parents, Dad passed away within 12 hours of a tragic fall and Mom in her sleep very sadly:sad:. Never had the opportunity to say goodbye, but have to believe because of our close relationship that they knew how much I loved them. After a long period of grief, have realized to "seize the day" and live life to the fullest each and every day. Unnecessary worry detracts from "Carpe Diem" and stress has adverse health effects. If I feel that I have done my best each day, that is enough for me. :goodvibes::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter