Are you a re-ride rider

• Yes we re-ride lots of rides especially the "big" ones

Votes: 57 44.2%
  • No we ride things once

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • some we re-ride our favorites

Votes: 63 48.8%

• Total voters
I hate that there's no ability to re-ride. For our next trip, there were a bunch of rides (People Mover and Haunted Mansion) that we wanted to ride at night specifically because we have never been on them at that time of day. This is probably the feature I miss most from Fastpass.

You can still ride a ride more than once, you just have to wait in line for it rather than getting multiple fastpasses ( the new lightning lane). Disney isnt stopping you from riding more than once, they are just saying you already got the short line for it once today, it is someone else's turn.

I think it's important to consider where this rule is likely coming from. When you're paying 15$, to try to keep things fair, they're limiting it to 1 use. From what I understand, Disney is still trying to determine how many + to allow to be scheduled and still keep the + line short enough to make it worth purchasing. That means stand by times will change as they go through this balancing process.

While many of us would be happy if we snagged 5 LL for our favorite rides, we'd be angry if we snagged none while the group next to us got those 5, all while paying the same $15. They're just trying to be fair.

Being able to do a reride with FP+ was rare. The initial 3 passes for FP+ had to be 3 different rides.
Experiences over the years on this Board say otherwise..

It's neither here nor there anymore. But I get the frustration to have an option and no longer have that option. Surely that's something we can agree on :)

My girls love Ariel and Pooh, so we rode those a bunch last time at MK. I think we used 1 FP+ on Pooh but the line was always pretty short and they loved playing in the garden. Ariel we rode twice in a row walk on.

I'd imagine we'll do the same this go round depending how busy it is.

Gotta reride to see all the stuff I didn't catch on the first ride-through! I only have two eyes and they don't always work well.

I re-ride stuff multiple times in a trip (we've been going for 9-10 park days lately, there's a lot of repeats), just not usually in the same day.

Experiences over the years on this Board say otherwise..

It's neither here nor there anymore. But I get the frustration to have an option and no longer have that option. Surely that's something we can agree on :)
I agree that it's neither here nor there anymore. That's a fact. I just think people are getting upset over something that's really not being taken away for 99% of the park planning situations. But for those who did work it out before to somehow have 2 FPs the same day for the same attraction, sorry they don't have it anymore. But with all the changes that are happening and the things to really be frustrated about, this isn't even on our radar.

Then again, I still am peeved about 'Ohana removing the au gratin potatoes from their menu more than a decade ago, and I'm sure 99.9999% of the other folks here would not care about that either!!! So we pick our personal frustrations!!

I think it's important to consider where this rule is likely coming from. When you're paying 15$, to try to keep things fair, they're limiting it to 1 use. From what I understand, Disney is still trying to determine how many + to allow to be scheduled and still keep the + line short enough to make it worth purchasing. That means stand by times will change as they go through this balancing process.

While many of us would be happy if we snagged 5 LL for our favorite rides, we'd be angry if we snagged none while the group next to us got those 5, all while paying the same $15. They're just trying to be fair.
Well but there's IAS and Genie+ two separate things. Both use LL. With IAS (attractions not available via Genie+) they've already adjusted the pricing on some rides increasing it and it's only been around just over a week.

Just 5 days ago (a mere few days after it started) this is what was reported:
Magic Kingdom:

• Space Mountain: $9 (previously $7)
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: $12 (previously $10)
EPCOT:

• Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: $11 (previously $8)
  • Frozen Ever After: $11 (previously $9)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• Flight of Passage: $14 (previously $11)
  • Expedition Everest: $7 (stays the same)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:

• Rise of the Resistance: $15 (stays the same)
  • Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway $10 (previously $8)

Genie+ will increase at some point but it's probably easier to increase on IAS as they might go under the radar more than increasing Genie+ so quickly.

But how does the rule change how you used to do the parks? You can still ride as many attractions as you wish via standby. I don't see the G+ "restriction" being much different from FP+ restrictions. It was extremely rare for us to get a second ride on an attraction the same day via FP+. It just doesn't seem to be that big a deal with our park planning.

With old FP, when we were on a trip, our DD , at home, would get into our account and get FPs for us. She would get 6 -7 FPs a day and I'm sure she got us extra FP for rides like buzz, toy story, safari, SSE. I have never been on TOT, Rockin Rollercoaster, space mountain, Everest, or Kali. So if the value is you can rides 8 different rides for $15 with a shorter wait, but we only choose to ride 4 of them, our value of genie+ has gone down for us.

With old FP, when we were on a trip, our DD , at home, would get into our account and get FPs for us. She would get 6 -7 FPs a day and I'm sure she got us extra FP for rides like buzz, toy story, safari, SSE. I have never been on TOT, Rockin Rollercoaster, space mountain, Everest, or Kali. So if the value is you can rides 8 different rides for $15 with a shorter wait, but we only choose to ride 4 of them, our value of genie+ has gone down for us.
That's really cool! But I doubt most people have a personal admin logging in for them remotely throughout the day to grab FP at the moment you can get an additional pass!! For as long as we've been going to WDW, it's always fascinating and educational to know how some folks plan and work out their trips! Your daughter could have opened a business doing that!

I agree that it's neither here nor there anymore. That's a fact. I just think people are getting upset over something that's really not being taken away for 99% of the park planning situations. But for those who did work it out before to somehow have 2 FPs the same day for the same attraction, sorry they don't have it anymore. But with all the changes that are happening and the things to really be frustrated about, this isn't even on our radar.

Then again, I still am peeved about 'Ohana removing the au gratin potatoes from their menu more than a decade ago, and I'm sure 99.9999% of the other folks here would not care about that either!!! So we pick our personal frustrations!!
To the bolded that we do :) That's why when you say you think people are getting upset over something you saw for 99% of the park planning that's your impression of it.

I think there's a difference in talking about it in terms of "this just didn't happen" and talking about in "sometimes it did sometimes it didn't" Your repeated comments are like "it just didn't happen it was very rare" but that's also in part coming from your experience and for you since you didn't get to utilize getting additional FPs for the same ride in the same day it's like a "meh"

Everyone has different experiences, that's why it's hard to say Never, Rare, Always, Often. It literally just depended (and is the easiest way to explain it). I have a few DISers who go a lot more frequent that I do (usually they go 2 to 4 times per year) and yeah they would get FPs for re-rides for the same ride, some trips didn't happen as often others they were did. Like I said in my other comment "For every person that said "I couldn't get additional FPs" there was someone saying they did and sometimes those were overlapping trips people were talking about."

On rides with 5-10 minutes wait you betcha. Never turn that down. One time we rode Indiana Jones 5x in a row.

Yes! And the hidden things! I still haven't found all the Sebastians in the Little Mermaid ride yet! :rotfl2:
Okay wait just how many are there!? My husband is going to 🙄 at me but now I want to go on that multiple times just for that, 'course he's already used to going on Haunted Mansion multiple times (yes in a day).

To the bolded that we do :) That's why when you say you think people are getting upset over something you saw for 99% of the park planning that's your impression of it.

I think there's a difference in talking about it in terms of "this just didn't happen" and talking about in "sometimes it did sometimes it didn't" Your repeated comments are like "it just didn't happen it was very rare" but that's also in part coming from your experience and for you since you didn't get to utilize getting additional FPs for the same ride in the same day it's like a "meh"

Everyone has different experiences, that's why it's hard to say Never, Rare, Always, Often. It literally just depended (and is the easiest way to explain it). I have a few DISers who go a lot more frequent that I do (usually they go 2 to 4 times per year) and yeah they would get FPs for re-rides for the same ride, some trips didn't happen as often others they were did. Like I said in my other comment "For every person that said "I couldn't get additional FPs" there was someone saying they did and sometimes those were overlapping trips people were talking about."
You make an extremely valid point and I apologize. When I take a step back and look at your note (and my note), you're right. I really dislike when people just throw out words like never and rare and always and make it sound like fact. It's wrong and I just did it, several times. I will try to be more careful and respectful in all my posts. Thank you.

You make an extremely valid point and I apologize. When I take a step back and look at your note (and my note), you're right. I really dislike when people just throw out words like never and rare and always and make it sound like fact. It's wrong and I just did it, several times. I will try to be more careful and respectful in all my posts. Thank you.
Honestly, it's no worries at all! :flower3: :hug:

Okay wait just how many are there!? My husband is going to 🙄 at me but now I want to go on that multiple times just for that, 'course he's already used to going on Haunted Mansion multiple times (yes in a day).

I don't have an exact count but I know when I was first researching my 2018 trip I heard a youtuber say something about hidden Sebastians in the 'Under the sea' scene so every time we went through I was trying to find them.

I don't have an exact count but I know when I was first researching my 2018 trip I heard a youtuber say something about hidden Sebastians in the 'Under the sea' scene so every time we went through I was trying to find them.
Well I've just added something to my list of things to do for the May trip next year :goodvibes it's the little things I tell ya :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter