Are you a Patreon of any content creator?

I'm considering it for a crocheter I follow, but I just started a huge project that's going to take me a while, so I wouldn't really have time to watch her content at this point. Maybe in the future though.

Yes for 3 podcasts. All are really fantastic, even if I don’t always agree with the viewpoint. I listen all the time though, I can afford it, so why not support? These shows take work. I appreciate the depth of research too. And the community is one I like being a part of- respectful, smart, good discussions.

My husband learns a LOT of guitar stuff from two shows on youtube so he has sent support to both of those and bought several of their tee shirts. (Edited in case naming names of shows is not allowed)

I donate to a couple of online comic artists whose work I enjoy.

The Dis Unplugged , the people who OWN Disboards are on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/disunplugged

Its kinda disrespectful to promote other Patreons on their website :confused3
Why? You can be a patreon for any kind of content creator, like a crocheter as mentioned above. And you can be a patreon for more than one creator. It is not taking away from The Dis.

We also discuss YouTubers who have interesting Disney content, I do not see why this would be disrespectful.

I thought about some, like Lindsay Ellis, i appreciate her content, I would like for her to keep making content, so it is an option.

You pay money to watch YouTube videos? What exactly are you learning from these videos?

I don't think you have to learn from YouTube videos to want to help the creator by being a Patreon. I enjoy a few ASMR artists -- I absolutely need background noise to fall asleep. There is one artist in particular who puts enormous dedication into her videos. They are so detailed, way beyond someone just sitting in front of a microphone whispering. Viewers realize the added props, backgrounds, and camera angles is an added expense, so they help contribute to something that in turns helps them.

Of course many videos are total nonsense (if you have a tween/teen in your house you know all too well) that personally I wouldn't give one dime to. However, who am I to judge someone for spending their money on what they want?

I just see no reason to laugh at the OP's question.

I'm a Patreon for one creator. I did really enjoy this individuals content, but recently their personal views on a few matters (opinions I share) have attracted negative attention. This has really thrown this person off their game and has noticeably affected their content. I'm considering pulling my support and giving it to another creator.

Ooooh who do you like? There are several who do more elaborate videos these days.

Latte ASMR was the one I was referring to. She’s my favorite.

I’ll admit, I’m super picky about who I like. If your voice doesn’t have the instant “it” factor for me, I’m done.

Gentle Whispering is the first one I started watching years ago, and still go back to.

Tingting is not elaborate, but I particularly like her Asian culture role plays.

For some reason I cannot do male voiced ASMR. Unless it’s “unintentional ASMR” and that would be Bob Ross. 😁

Who do you watch?

Latte ASMR was the one I was referring to. She’s my favorite.

I’ll admit, I’m super picky about who I like. If your voice doesn’t have the instant “it” factor for me, I’m done.

Gentle Whispering is the first one I started watching years ago, and still go back to.

Tingting is not elaborate, but I particularly like her Asian culture role plays.

For some reason I cannot do male voiced ASMR. Unless it’s “unintentional ASMR” and that would be Bob Ross. 😁

Who do you watch?

GentleWhispering is the only one who still makes videos that I consistently watch. She's my all time favorite. I also really like ASMR Nova Star but she hasn't made videos in a while, but I still go back to them. I'm also very picky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter