• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Finally getting some quality time here on the DIS to catch up after the long holiday week. It's amazing how quickly you can miss peoples' posts when you're off the Boards for a while.

Isn't it great having friends to meet up with at Disney- and they even let you use their shower! How NICE of them! That was pretty funny about not knowing about the pool and trying to find each other. LOL!

Hmmm,.... do you get your TIKI mug?

Finally getting some quality time here on the DIS to catch up after the long holiday week. It's amazing how quickly you can miss peoples' posts when you're off the Boards for a while.

Isn't it great having friends to meet up with at Disney- and they even let you use their shower! How NICE of them! That was pretty funny about not knowing about the pool and trying to find each other. LOL!

Hmmm,.... do you get your TIKI mug?

Thank you. It sure is the best getting to see folks. You are not wrong there. Yes re the mug. But it wasn't easy...

Birthday afternoon...evening

There is no mono in our monorail. Quote unquote from The Simpsons. Clean and fresh we waited at the monorail station at The Grand. The nice thing is it is first stop on the way out. Not so good on the way back though. But that's later.....

The monorail arrives and we wait for the trusty ( not rusty ) ramp in the accessible box area. Soon the little metal drawbridge is kindly placed down for me and we are on the monorail with other excited guests.

It's not long till we are at MK and unloading then heading towards security. Disney security redeem us safe and we scan our bands. How cute the new MB 45th Anniversary editions make a cute tune and light up Mickey in different colours! Jo does my finger print for me as we have found this to be easier than me doing my photo. I can't use my fingers because of my arthritis so they said Jo could scan her finger instead.

The atmosphere hits you right away! You see the carts selling various hats , smell the popcorn. The park looks so pretty with the pumpkins out.....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

We head for our first ride at Jungle cruise for our first FP+. I love this ride not only because the boat driver is usually fun but because I can remain in my wheelchair. We waited in the accessible line for the right boat to do the rounds. It had just left with a scooter in it so we chatted whilst we waited.

Soon the boat come round and I was loaded first....

We were on our way...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

The boat driver we had was very funny. A few risky gator jokes too. We really enjoyed it.

We left and were a little early for our next FP+ on the mine train. We passed Fantasyland and I admired the carousel as I always do. The detail.on those horses! I understand they are painting them all the time for maintenance. I was sad I couldn't ever ride it with my hips fused. Jo asked me to wait and came back beaming. They had a little car in the middle disabled people could sit in. What! I never knew this. Despite a long line there was nobody waiting for the disabled carriage so they let us on. Weee watch the horses go up and down, round we go! I was like a Cheshire cat...

image.jpeg

All happy we moved on to the beloved Mine train. This is perfect for us. Not being able to do the big coasters now this little baby coster is cute and fun.....super smooth. Bless Jo she holds on to me just in case!

image.jpeg

We had a little look around then it was soon time for our BOG dinner. It was starting to rain though so Jo took full throttle and pushed me with g force towards the Beasts Castle.... It was just like the fillm. Fork lightning was starting...a rumble of thunder. What was the Beast up to tonight?

Don't go away there is more!

image-jpeg.207934

I love these! I love all the Fall decorations at MK. The Christmas ones are great too but I the Fall ones are my favorites.

Nice update. I love that they have the accessible boats/cars on some of the rides so they can wheel the chairs and scooters right on. It was so great when we would go with my Mom in her last few years when she was on Oxygen. It always took so much out of her to climb into and out of the vehicles.

How fun that you were able to ride the Carousel. I don't think I knew they had one of those seats on there either, I thought it was all horses.

Great pic on the Mine Train!

Looking forward to your BOG dinner.

I love these! I love all the Fall decorations at MK. The Christmas ones are great too but I the Fall ones are my favorites.

Nice update. I love that they have the accessible boats/cars on some of the rides so they can wheel the chairs and scooters right on. It was so great when we would go with my Mom in her last few years when she was on Oxygen. It always took so much out of her to climb into and out of the vehicles.

How fun that you were able to ride the Carousel. I don't think I knew they had one of those seats on there either, I thought it was all horses.

Great pic on the Mine Train!

Looking forward to your BOG dinner.

Thank you. Pleased to hear your Mom benefited from the generousity of Disney's accessible parks too. Compare this with Universal! You just can't. Thanks for reading.

How wonderful that you were finally able to get on the carousel! As much as I love big coasters, I think that the Mine Train is so charming.

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner.

How wonderful that you were finally able to get on the carousel! As much as I love big coasters, I think that the Mine Train is so charming.

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner.

Thank you! I will def do the carousel again. That's what is so fun about Disney. After countless visits everytime something new. Thank you for reading.

Great updates :) sorry I got behind.

Too funny trying to find your friends at the pool. Were they staying at the villas? I didn't think you coukd miss the pool. TiW does pay for itself quickly with a large group.

That was so thoughtful of your friends to offer the use of their shower.

Those Maleficent ears are too cute!

You got some great rides in. How fabulous the carousel has a place you can ride!!! What a fabulous birthday so far :)

There's just something special about the Carousel isn't there?

This is such a charming photo. It really captures you two enjoying it together!

Thank you for your kind comments. I do love the photo. The carousel in enchanting I didn't know if it was just my age and memories but I saw little kids looking at it with the same wonder in their eyes!

Great updates :) sorry I got behind.

Too funny trying to find your friends at the pool. Were they staying at the villas? I didn't think you coukd miss the pool. TiW does pay for itself quickly with a large group.

That was so thoughtful of your friends to offer the use of their shower.

Those Maleficent ears are too cute!

You got some great rides in. How fabulous the carousel has a place you can ride!!! What a fabulous birthday so far :)

Thanks Pam. Yes Paul and Shirley are VGF DVC owners also so they were at the Villas. I do not know how they walked by that pool! When they saw it later I got an email omg how did we miss this lol.

That carousel is on my list each time now! Up close you can see the amazing finer details of the horses. It is outstanding.

Thanks for reading.

Birthday evening

As the Beasts castle loomed into view the heavens opened. Jo wheeled me into shelter and put our ponchos on us. Then we made our way in the heavy rain injected with movie set flashes of lightning. It was like the Rocky Horror Picture show. Would Riff Raff open the castle door?

We checked in at the not so covered podium. Then they let everyone that could fit and wait inside. It was sardines in a can, a dry can.

They were running behind time and my poor feet weren't covered up so they were Lake Disney ( right ) and Hourglass Lake ( left ) . I was just about to complain to Mrs SB when I looked down to see where Jo's poncho stopped her trousers were soaked and shoes vessels of water. I remained mute. My poor wife had it worse. Those ponchos are like Disney rides. So good but too short.

Eventually the Beast invited the Sedley-Burke party of 2. I joked to the server oh please anywhere but that really dark room. Sure enough..keep your mouth shut Polly. we got the dark room my least favourite room. When you can see no more than a mole because of your cataracts you don't want a dark room! However I have to say it was actually very nice....

I had a salad to start and Jo had french onion soup. She must have hated it because she ate it all out of spite. On my 45th birthday I had to have a souvenir cup. What fun that it lit up! I was thinking it was just a plain beaker like the minute maid one they had on display by the door. My face when it arrived! I was delighted... It was more like a goblet....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I ordered meatloaf of course and Jo had steak. It was delicious...don't believe me ask the dishes. We also had some grey stuff. I couldn't eat it and Jo couldn't decide if she liked it or not. We had a hot drinks to warm us up too.

Soon we decided to leave. I wanted to get that Tiki mug from the Poly on the way back to go with the Goblet and others I had collected.

Sadly the weather had not done a u turn and had got worse. We braced ourselves and I am glad MK does not have speed cameras.. The line for the monorail was frightful. Many people decided to leave the park due to weather. Fireworks had been cancelled. We waited in line for the monorail and I think my birthday came around the following year.

We sardined in the Monorail getting of at the Poly. It had stopped raining yeah! I got my mug but we thought Traders Sam's was a bit odd. Not at all what I expected. Later I learnt there is an inside part to it. We had just found the terrace.

Oh dear the monorail had a large line again. It had broken down! Jo decided to walk us back instead. Of course it decides to rain again..

Once back at the Grand we wanted to swing by sugar aloof club for a hot drink and dessert. Jo fancied a hot chocolate. We were soaked. Cookies and cakes would be welcomed. Well they outdid themselves tonight. It was 9:46 when we entered. They close at 10:00 pm. They had packed everything away! Not a crumb. Stoney faces greeted us. We are closed. Progress we had the gift of speech tonight!

Well can you imagine this at Animal Kingdom club? The red carpet would be out, hosts leaping up getting towels..oh my darlings.. Food got for us. Hot drinks.

We are closed. On my birthday? 15 mins early? Are you closed for everyone or just us? I ask. Jo told me not to bother and we went back to the room for fresh PJ's nice and dry and look at my lovely mug...

image.jpeg

Join the others Tiki ....
image.jpeg

Jo made us hot drinks. We watched shows and went to sleep. That was our last night...

Next up day 15 Flight day. Manager by the pool, last day and thank you for the shower. We also are putting up our Christmas decorations this weekend if anyone wants a photo.

I'm glad you had a nice day before the heavens opened up. I can't believe that they put you in the dark room. Your goblet looks very nice!

When you said that you got in a Trader Sams, I was confused because there is usually a long wait to get in. But that you sat outside makes sense, from what I hear there is ample seating outside. Nice mug!

Why would they pack up early? That's terrible! They need to keep open until everyone has a chance to come by and get some last minute nibbles or like you wanted a hot beverage!

Despite the rain what a lovely birthday evening :) I have yet to eat in the dark room, I think it looks cool. Glad you had an enjoyable meal :)

I can't believe they closed up Sugarloaf early. People count on getting there at the last minute, can you imagine having paid for that and it was closed? :mad:

I think the Poly mug is my favorite so far, very very cute.

That goblet from BOG is adorable! I haven't eaten there yet (most of my trips are 1-2 days on a weekend, bringing in food thanks to frugal BF), but I want to go next year for my birthday :) I love Christmas decorations, so I'm totally game to see the photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter