Are they finally getting rid of Innoventions??

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
I heard a rumor that they are finally getting rid of that horrible Innoventions and building a ride in its place. Is this true?

Unfortunately, still rumor, albeit a slightly more credible rumor than most.

Don't think there will be too many tears shed when or if that place finally goes away.

I dont know anyone who actually enjoys Innoventions. Maybe back in the 50s and 60s it was an interesting place to see ideas for the future but now with technology moving so fast, it's just like walking through a giant Best Buy. It takes up so much real estate too, major waste.:sad2:

I won't cry but I do love the dining table that it a big touch screen. I love the water running thru the table!

I dont know anyone who actually enjoys Innoventions. Maybe back in the 50s and 60s it was an interesting place to see ideas for the future but now with technology moving so fast, it's just like walking through a giant Best Buy. It takes up so much real estate too, major waste.:sad2:

When is the last time you were in there?

We LOVE the Peter Pan storytelling! And the ASIMO show is pretty cool if you have any interest at all in robots. We also enjoy playing the new DL game on the X-boxes they have up there (we don't have an xbox at home).

There's some fun stuff in there,
Dreams

Carousel of Progress opened in Disneyland in 1967 and was there until l974. It would have been difficult to find it interesting in the 50s and 60s (except the late 60s). Replaced by America Sings.

I enjoy Innoventions, but, as noted, it needs to be constantly updated, because things change. That was the problem Disney had with the Tomorrowland concept in the first place.

:cutie:

Carousel of Progress opened in Disneyland in 1967 and was there until l974. It would have been difficult to find it interesting in the 50s and 60s (except the late 60s). Replaced by America Sings....

I am guessing fairytalelover is thinking about House of the Future (which was different than Innoventions), but existed at DL from mid-50s to mid-60s.

- Dreams

I think if they just embraced the sci-fi side of things they'd be fine. Star Tours has aged well and I think other sci-fi type things would as well. I think Buzz will be fine too. Space Mountain arguably fits in with that too.

Edit: I also want to add I REALLY hope they keep the lagoon. It's my favorite part of the entire resort.

Innoventions is really handy if it is hot out and you want to step into the AC for a few minutes to cool off. That is about all it is good for.

I went for the first time in many years a few weeks ago--and we loved it! I was so surprised at how good it was, actually. My daughter loved it--especially the "teen" room. I liked the kitchen, and the piano that played songs.

We also enjoy playing the new DL game on the X-boxes they have up there (we don't have an xbox at home).

Dreams

Like I said, it's like Best Buy:rolleyes: Going to Disneyland to play video games on the xbox which we can do for free at home. It's a waste of space.

Innoventions is really handy if it is hot out and you want to step into the AC for a few minutes to cool off. That is about all it is good for.

LOL!! That's exactly what we have used it for. Just to cool down on a hot summer day. But even then we opt to walk into a store instead of Innoventions. At least we can buy stuff there.

When is the last time you were in there?

We LOVE the Peter Pan storytelling! And the ASIMO show is pretty cool if you have any interest at all in robots. We also enjoy playing the new DL game on the X-boxes they have up there (we don't have an xbox at home).

Dreams
Count our family in as one that likes it!!!! We never plan to go in - and it's not a 'must do' but when we do visit we usually spend hours and have a great time.

We always manage to go in at least once every time we go to DLR. DM and I love to drool over the kitchen, especially the recipe program that notes how much of ingredients are in the pantry and which are still needed because of the RFID tags on the food items. We would kill for something like this in our kitchen. :rotfl:
We also love seeing ASIMO and look at it as Arthur C. Clarke's vision of HAL come to life. :rotfl2:
I still think its relevant though it can be updated as technology catches up to science fiction. The first time I ever saw the Xbox Kinect technology was at Innoventions and thought it was amazing! :banana: Disclaimer: this was before it became incredibly popular and the CM showing it off in the living room said there was like 3 games that were available for purchase.

I look at Innoventions this way: It shows off technology that I, the average consumer is not going to see in my local Sears or contractor's shop, and wouldn't even know to look for on the internet as an option. It gives me ideas of how I want to incorporate technology in my life, especially in the kitchen. Can you tell I'm in love with the kitchen? :lmao:

I understand why people don't like it, but to me, its one of those hidden gems of DL. YMMV, of course.

Innovations at Disneyland was what convinced me to get my Xbox 360. I was able to play connectimals (is that spelled correctly?). Anyway I love spending time in there. I have been able to do some of the games upstairs that I couldn't even get close to at Epcot. I liked the hockey type game where you have to supply the city with power. My friend and I got a work out!

Also my cousin is friends with the guy who plays the piano on the first floor. It's a video of him playing and the real piano is playing exactly what he is playing. It's kind of nice to have a personal connection. I think she told me that he plays his own personal arrangements of Disney songs. Really cool. I always stand there and listen for what seems like 20 mins or so.

Like I said, it's like Best Buy:rolleyes: Going to Disneyland to play video games on the xbox which we can do for free at home. It's a waste of space.

Ah, see, that's the beauty of Disneyland. Many (myself included) do not own an x-box and just like I cannot ride Jungle Cruise at home, I cannot play x-box kinect (muchless the Disneyland game) at home --- but I can at Disneyland! :woohoo: Certainly not a waste of space to one who does not have the pleasure at home.

And that's what's so great at Disney: There's something for everyone. :goodvibes

- Dreams

I know that it was briefly mentioned in the Al Lutz article but have there been any rumors on what will replace it?

ummmm I don't have an xbox at home so I like to play it at Innoventions sometimes.....we like it there, in fact last weekend the girls were in Innoventions for about 3 hours, they love going in there.

I love the table, the Peter Pan story, the kitchen......I like to sit at the TV and watch it, I like to play different music, it's pretty much amazing in there.

Like others have mentioned. It's a nice cool place to walk around when it's hot outside.
It stays cooler than other places like the ships because the doors on the shops are always open.

Having said that, we went in there once to check it out. Now we go in there JUST to get out of the heat and the sun for a little while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter