Are dining reservations just extra difficult to get right now?

Which is one of the busiest times of year. It’s prime time for DVC stays the first two weeks of December.

This year especially, as a bunch of DVC Members need to use points or lose them because they were unable/unwilling to travel until covid became less of a threat.

I think getting ADRs will generally be a struggle for another year or two until things get closer to pre-pandemic ones.
Why are first 2 weeks of December prime for DVC members? I ask this as a DVC who has never even thought about first two weeks of December based on our schedules (which revolve around school and kids’ sports seasons). Is it because the resorts cost less points and they can still see the holiday stuff?

Why are first 2 weeks of December prime for DVC members? I ask this as a DVC who has never even thought about first two weeks of December based on our schedules (which revolve around school and kids’ sports seasons). Is it because the resorts cost less points and they can still see the holiday stuff?
For the same reason you stated “school and kid’s sports”… keep the parks lower than Christmas week

I was worried about getting dinning reservations for my upcoming trip after reading how hard it has been. But I can say this was as easy as the last time I went back in 2018 When you had 180 days. I got everything I wanted and even more. And this was for planning for a group of 15!!! And I have multiple reservations for Space, Ohana, Beaches, Steakhouse, Oga’s and Topolino’s.

Reservations I got were for the following:

California Grill
Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner
Sanaa Lunch
Steakhouse 71 Dinner
Space 220 Lounge Lunch
Sebastian’s Bistro Dinner
Sci-Fi Theater Lunch
Oga’s Cantina Lunch
Ohana Dinner
Chef Mickey’s Breakfast
Skipper Canteen Lunch
Chef Art Smith Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Le Cellier Dinner
Beaches &Cream Lunch
Victoria & Albert Dinner
Garden Grill Lunch
Liberty Tree Dinner
Topolino’s Terrace Breakfast
La Creperie Lunch
Same here! I was up at 3am stressed out that I wasn’t going to get reservations for our group of 8! I did it all by myself on one computer. I got everything we wanted. Was surprised how many tables for 8 we were able to get! When I had to book 2 reservations and split our group I was able to get the second reservation at the same time or max 15 minutes from the first. just had to assign someone else in our group as the lead on the reservation We’re staying onsite 12/17-12/23.

Story Book Dining table for 8 dinner
Beaches & Cream table for 8 dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern table for 8 lunch
Raglan Road table for 8 dinner
Be Our Guest table for 8 dinner
San Angel Inn table for 8 dinner
Homecoming table for 8 lunch
Boathouse Captains Brunch (2) tables of 4 brunch
50’s Prime Time (2) tables of 4 lunch
Yak & Yeti (2) tables 6 & 2 lunch
Candlelight package Neil Patrick Harris @ Coral Reef (2) tables of 4 dinner
Space 220 (2) tables 6 & 4 lunch - friends joining

Also got the Starlight Safari at Animal Kingdom for 8.

I was able to get it for 6 people 62 says out. And a decent time (9:30).

We weren't able to get it night of but about 10 days ago I got a email from one of the dining alert websites at 1 AM (Central time) that an opening came for 9:05 AM, was able to get on and get it in time.

We said the same thing, it was never easy to get ADRs but now it seems impossible to get the top restaurants at the 60 day mark....Having at resort reservation does help can extend your window to 70 days... We worked our way backwards and got a few of the more popular places that way

can you clarify that?? Do you mean opening tabs for individual restaurants would not work? Like we should find the reservations via MDE account on the website instead of individually looking for the restaurants on the search field?
No, I was referring to, if you are on property and have a resort reservation and if you have MDE (My Disney Experience) set up and you've linked your resort reservation, then you have more options when dining, with regards to the 60 day window. If you are on property, when you go to any restauraunt to book and ADR, a calendar pops up. The calendar should automatically show the 60 day window, but if are on property you should also see day 60 + up to 10 add'l days that are shaded, meaning you can book out to future dates, not just your day 60.

No, I was referring to, if you are on property and have a resort reservation and if you have MDE (My Disney Experience) set up and you've linked your resort reservation, then you have more options when dining, with regards to the 60 day window. If you are on property, when you go to any restauraunt to book and ADR, a calendar pops up. The calendar should automatically show the 60 day window, but if are on property you should also see day 60 + up to 10 add'l days that are shaded, meaning you can book out to future dates, not just your day 60.
Perfect, I will be on property in February

Several reason:
  1. Fewer DVC points per night than most of the year.
  2. Nice weather, not too hot or cold.
  3. Lower crowds due to school schedules.
  4. Christmas decorations!
We find that visiting WDW after Thanksgiving but before Christmas is a great way to feel Christmas-y. :)

The first half of December is one of the lowest point times of the year, plus the weather is cooler and the parks/resorts are decked out for Christmas.

FYI - I had a few request finders running for 12/21 & 12/23 on TP, and this morning at 6:05 they hit that reservations were opened. After a quick search, looked like many place that were booked full on Christmas week now show openings.

Didn't work trying to book mobile or via the app, they both stalled. Had to login via desktop. Multibillion dollar company that can't get their IT right :scared:

I just tried to book WCC on 24th Dec and nothing. Nothing ALL DAY, any time.
We have ONE day visiting WL, and we're 59 days out, and it's totally booked, which means, no WL reservation, which means no recreated wedding cake.
I really thought I would not have a problem getting WCC. Is it super popular at the moment?

I got it at my 60 day mark for our evening of arrival, but the 24th is likely more popular than the 21st when I wanted it.

I’d set up an alert, something will hopefully open. They’ve apparently set aside more reservations for on-site guests at the hotel restaurants

I got it at my 60 day mark for our evening of arrival, but the 24th is likely more popular than the 21st when I wanted it.

I’d set up an alert, something will hopefully open. They’ve apparently set aside more reservations for on-site guests at the hotel restaurants
Thank you for this. We are, for the first time ever, not staying onsite, and only have 1 day to visit WL (I made everyone put it in the schedule because it is my Disney home) and, without a restaurant reservation, I don't even know if they'll let us in to look around and shop, and we *definitely* can't get a recreation of our wedding cake (we stayed at WL when we got married at the yacht club gazebo in 2010)

I was worried about getting dinning reservations for my upcoming trip after reading how hard it has been. But I can say this was as easy as the last time I went back in 2018 When you had 180 days. I got everything I wanted and even more. And this was for planning for a group of 15!!! And I have multiple reservations for Space, Ohana, Beaches, Steakhouse, Oga’s and Topolino’s.

Reservations I got were for the following:

California Grill
Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner
Sanaa Lunch
Steakhouse 71 Dinner
Space 220 Lounge Lunch
Sebastian’s Bistro Dinner
Sci-Fi Theater Lunch
Oga’s Cantina Lunch
Ohana Dinner
Chef Mickey’s Breakfast
Skipper Canteen Lunch
Chef Art Smith Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Le Cellier Dinner
Beaches &Cream Lunch
Victoria & Albert Dinner
Garden Grill Lunch
Liberty Tree Dinner
Topolino’s Terrace Breakfast
La Creperie Lunch
How? I have a group of 13 and even breaking up into 6, 4 and 3 is not working!

How? I have a group of 13 and even breaking up into 6, 4 and 3 is not working!
I did them All in 2 reservations for the same time or 10 min between the 2 reservations (Like 8 people at 5pm and 6 at 5:10pm). This was all done on the 60+ day at 6am (3am PST).
To do this you need need to have another family & friend members account information to book the other reservation for the same time and location. I got most of them using the app, not the browser, even though I had both up at the same time I had better luck using the app. I found that 8 was the most I could get at most restaurants. After doing this for the 1st hour at 7am I called in and spoke to a cast member to help me get any of the extra seating needed for each reservation. They seemed to have seatings I was not able to pull up, even though she said it was the same on both ends. Either way I was able to get everything my group wanted and much much more.

I'm planning my trip a month ahead and I already cant find a restaurant, all reserved. When I search in Hollywood studios, the site shows me that there are no places at all in this park, how is that possible?

I managed to book Boma in Animal kingdom Lodge, but for 9:20, can someone explain me how is that possible if the work hours of Boma is till 9:30? I will have 10 minutes to eat?

I can not book beyond 60 days out for my Jan 3-8 trip. Today i can not book beyond Jan 4. I shd be able to book all the way to the 8th. Right? I am calling in right now but the wait is over an hour. Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter