APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Just a need a place to vent where people understand. I've been trying for weeks to get our bands. I finally had mine and my daughters in the cart yesterday, but mine disappeared during the payment/checking out process. My daughter's is still shipping..it seems...but now my band is gray. I'm happy she is getting hers, but the entire process is extremely frustrating. It's also frustrating to see bands in the shopdisney site when they are sold out or not sold out just impossible to retrieve through MDE. I would love to see how the code for this is setup. Vent over. 👾

I've never seen a company make it so hard to give them our money... :crazy2:

Like, I doubt it costs them any more for a graphic band over a solid one, so how many millions of dollars are they leaving on the table not having this working? $10 x 100,000 guests is $1,000,000 of what's likely pure profit. And 100,000 guests is a couple of days for them?

I've never seen a company make it so hard to give them our money... :crazy2:

Like, I doubt it costs them any more for a graphic band over a solid one, so how many millions of dollars are they leaving on the table not having this working? $10 x 100,000 guests is $1,000,000 of what's likely pure profit. And 100,000 guests is a couple of days for them?

I know! Over the course of the last week, there has only been a handful of times where the three bands we want are all available. And in those instances, I was unable to get to the payment page. How a company like Disney doesn’t have all of these bands stockpiled somewhere, I have no idea. I know some people have said it’s not worth the aggravation and just order them, paying full price. Heck no! That’s probably what they want us to do! Besides, if I can just easily order them from the website, then why the heck can’t I get it as an upgrade?

They need to stop letting people that are not going in the next 60 days to order. They need to put a timeframe so that way everyone gets a chance. Seriously how is it that someone who isn’t going until 2020 can order one but someone that is going in the next 60 days can’t, this just baffles my mind. Or don’t ship them until 30 days before like the solid ones. Is it really that hard for them to think this through logically. I know I’ve said this before but I need to vent it again. It’s just so aggravating. 😡😡 Calling and emailing them is pointless as well, no help.

Been trying for weeks with no luck. Finally, I sent an e-mail and got the "we will contact you as soon as possible" reply. Waited a week and nothing, so called the number. A nice CM switched me to another CM and I ended up getting dumped onto an auto-answer line that asked me for my e-mail address. Since that's how I got there in the first place I hung up. I called DVC in the hope that someone three could help me. There's 20 minutes of my life I won't get back. The CM put me on hold and went into My Disney Experience to try to see if she could get an order through (although halfway through she advised me she would not be permitted to complete the order anyway). Guess what?? It gave her the same could not process my order message. I got the standard "they are very popular and we run out of stock" and "there is nothing we can do for you" replies. No magic here. Thanks for nothing.

Been trying for weeks with no luck. Finally, I sent an e-mail and got the "we will contact you as soon as possible" reply. Waited a week and nothing, so called the number. A nice CM switched me to another CM and I ended up getting dumped onto an auto-answer line that asked me for my e-mail address. Since that's how I got there in the first place I hung up. I called DVC in the hope that someone three could help me. There's 20 minutes of my life I won't get back. The CM put me on hold and went into My Disney Experience to try to see if she could get an order through (although halfway through she advised me she would not be permitted to complete the order anyway). Guess what?? It gave her the same could not process my order message. I got the standard "they are very popular and we run out of stock" and "there is nothing we can do for you" replies. No magic here. Thanks for nothing.

I called and emailed the AP specific line and regular with the same results 😒

Has anyone noticed a pattern of what time to attempt the transaction? I read that at :45 on the hour, the stock updates. Yet I haven't been able to successfully grab one yet. I have three pending orders. AP's since May, and two upcoming trips. Between my wife and I, we have lliterally gone online every hour from 5am to 11pm at :45 for the entire week and have yet to have any success.

Has anyone noticed a pattern of what time to attempt the transaction? I read that at :45 on the hour, the stock updates. Yet I haven't been able to successfully grab one yet. I have three pending orders. AP's since May, and two upcoming trips. Between my wife and I, we have lliterally gone online every hour from 5am to 11pm at :45 for the entire week and have yet to have any success.

I have the same question. I've been checking non stop all day. I can't even get an order through at 5am, when I see all this stock. Gosh, this is frustrating.

I wrote an email and got a response about a week later with a number to call. The CM was very nice and ended up sending us a Disney Gift Card for the price difference plus shipping and tax, so we could pick bands out on shop Disney instead. Seems like I got lucky they did this...

I wrote an email and got a response about a week later with a number to call. The CM was very nice and ended up sending us a Disney Gift Card for the price difference plus shipping and tax, so we could pick bands out on shop Disney instead. Seems like I got lucky they did this...
That is very lucky. I had the same experience with emailing and getting a number to call. The CM I spoke with however...was really not nice. I was calm the whole time, told her I was sure she was getting a lot of these calls. She kept practically yelling, repeatedly saying/yelling the same thing in answer to different questions. I had to pick our bands while on hold, which was fine. She was much nicer when she came back from the hold. I'm guessing I was the lucky caller after her having had a bad afternoon. I don't hold any ill will toward her. I'm sure the CMs are swamped with the magicband issues. So, if anyone reading this gets to call in please be ready with all the patience you have.

I've been lurking the various magicband upgrade threads for awhile now and finally thought it was time to make an account.

I was able to purchase an upgraded band after weeks and weeks of trying and everything seems fine - got a confirmation email, it shows up on my account, the charge shows up on my credit card and I just got an email that my magicband is ready and waiting at my resort for me to pick up (Canadian!).

Have any international guests who purchased updated magicbands been able to successful collect the right bands upon arriving yet?

I thought it might still be too soon after the launch to know. Having to wait until check-in to know whether everything is correct is another layer of anxiety I'll just have to deal with but I thought it would check to see if anyone has had success yet.

I finally gave up on getting the band I originally wanted and chose another band for this trip. The purchase went through without a hitch. I'm guessing the band I was originally trying to get was constantly out of stock but showing up on the website as an option....I see it is not there now. I have even gotten the email that it has shipped. Hopefully the package will have the bands we wanted. It's nice to finally not have that on my mind.

Received our bands it the mail today and they were correct. The charge was pending for several days and then dropped off for a few days, finally appearing again as posted today. So overall successful transaction other than the initial month long headache of actually trying to purchase the band.

Apparently it depends on what CM you get. I got two different numbers to call and they both gave me the sorry, nothing we can do answer.

Typical Disney, offer something that has no real value. This time it's because they can't fulfill the offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter