APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Just wondering if anyone has received the wrong bands... not the ones they ordered? It seems like many on here mention they worry about not getting the bands they picked when they place their order. Maybe worry they will just get the plain gray?

Just wondering if anyone has received the wrong bands... not the ones they ordered? It seems like many on here mention they worry about not getting the bands they picked when they place their order. Maybe worry they will just get the plain gray?
My DH’s got replaced by grey. Since we’re international, they are not sent out, so a grey band will be waiting for him at VGF next month. Not impressed.

I received gray because mine disappeared during the actual payment process. I don't know if that's why I got a response vs others haven't because I did actually have an order and a payment. I'm not excusing the lack of response just hypothesizing.

I can't even order regular non-upgraded bands, "Access Unavailable." I guess if I get annoyed enough about a gray vs. colored band because there are zero choices then Disney feels better that I'm annoyed about something other than an upgraded band?! :rolleyes2

Every time I have logged in the past few days the band I want (snack band) shows up as available but I can't get through the order process. Very frustrating! I had a pink band ordered and am trying to edit that to this upgrade. Unable to complete your request keeps popping up!

I have been so hesitant to order the upgraded ones, or try to. I think I will just settle for the plain ones. I would hate to order a upgraded one and get a plain grey one

What I don't understand, if stock isn't available, why do the bands keep appearing in the rotation. For example, Haunted Mansion, Food Icons, Toy Storys etc. I think those are out of stock and maybe that's why we get the glitches.

What email address did you use?
I jsut used the contact link on the website.

What I don't understand, if stock isn't available, why do the bands keep appearing in the rotation. For example, Haunted Mansion, Food Icons, Toy Storys etc. I think those are out of stock and maybe that's why we get the glitches.
This is an excellent question! I also don't know why they let EVERYONE pick bands anytime now. They should make you wait till closer to your trip date.

I just tried for what feels like the hundredth time to order premium bands and to my surprise there were a bunch of new ones available! Including the it's a small world band, 2019 band, Walt Disney railroad band, kuzco and a few others. I quickly grabbed the small world one for myself and a regular blue one for my boyfriend and guess what, the order went through!! After trying for ages to get the snacks premium band!

I jsut used the contact link on the website.

This is an excellent question! I also don't know why they let EVERYONE pick bands anytime now. They should make you wait till closer to your trip date.
Not sure if this makes a difference, or if it all goes to the same place...but this is the email IT gave me after being on hold for 2 hours
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com. He said there is a special team dedicated to the magic band issues.

Aargh!!! Have been trying since day one! STILL can't get an order through! This is maddening!

Several of the limited edition bands were available this morning for $15 rather than $10. I was able to order 4 for our upcoming trip.

I have been so hesitant to order the upgraded ones, or try to. I think I will just settle for the plain ones. I would hate to order a upgraded one and get a plain grey one

You'll be able to tell right away if it went through or not. You get a confirmation email with price paid / what band you've chosen. If it's not correct, can call and have them fix it for you. If you were charged and still got wrong band, then they too will fix that as well since you should have the confirmation number / email as proof.

I've been lurking the various magicband upgrade threads for awhile now and finally thought it was time to make an account.

I was able to purchase an upgraded band after weeks and weeks of trying and everything seems fine - got a confirmation email, it shows up on my account, the charge shows up on my credit card and I just got an email that my magicband is ready and waiting at my resort for me to pick up (Canadian!).

Have any international guests who purchased updated magicbands been able to successful collect the right bands upon arriving yet?

I thought it might still be too soon after the launch to know. Having to wait until check-in to know whether everything is correct is another layer of anxiety I'll just have to deal with but I thought it would check to see if anyone has had success yet.

I have been following closely also, and also am an international visitor. I have heard reports of international visitors ordering, being charged, and then getting an email a week or so later that their order has been rejected. Basically, they can’t ship internationally, so they send it to the resort, the resort says “they aren’t coming for 6 months and we aren’t storing it” so they reject it. In the case I read- the person didn’t get refunded, and it was a “too bad, so sad” situation.
So I was disappointed with the selection in the first place, now, I would really like the Small World band- but I’m scared to do it. I might try closer to my arrival... but NOTHING about this has gone smoothly- From everything I’ve read - it’s not worth even bothering.

I have been following closely also, and also am an international visitor. I have heard reports of international visitors ordering, being charged, and then getting an email a week or so later that their order has been rejected. Basically, they can’t ship internationally, so they send it to the resort, the resort says “they aren’t coming for 6 months and we aren’t storing it” so they reject it. In the case I read- the person didn’t get refunded, and it was a “too bad, so sad” situation.
So I was disappointed with the selection in the first place, now, I would really like the Small World band- but I’m scared to do it. I might try closer to my arrival... but NOTHING about this has gone smoothly- From everything I’ve read - it’s not worth even bothering.
I’m international, staying in September and have a confirmation that my bands were delivered to AKL in June. I won’t know till I get there but haven’t had any indication they won’t be.

I wouldn’t send online shopping this early, but I also think 3 months is reasonable given how hard it is to order.

For those who have successfully ordered, did the icons next to your name on MDE update straight away with the magic bands you’d chosen?

I placed an order for a Mickey Americana band for me, and a solid orange band for my fiancé. I received a confirmation email but it doesn’t specify which band is assigned to which person. And something in my head is making me doubt myself - I’m worried I actually selected the Mickey Americana band for fiancé instead of me (which would also make the names on the back of the bands wrong). The icons on my MDE page still show me as having a yellow MB, and my fiancé has orange. When I click ‘edit order’ it comes up with the Seven Dwarfs page.

Phoned tech/guest services twice and they weren’t much help because they couldn’t look at the order I placed. They said they could only see on their end that I have a yellow MB.

Last edited:
For those who have successfully ordered, did the icons next to your name on MDE update straight away with the magic bands you’d chosen?

I placed an order for a Mickey Americana band for me, and a solid orange band for my fiancé. I received a confirmation email but it doesn’t specify which band is assigned to which person. And something in my head is making me doubt myself - I’m worried I actually selected the Mickey Americana band for fiancé instead of me (which would also make the names on the back of the bands wrong). The icons on my MDE page still show me as having a yellow MB, and my fiancé has orange. When I click ‘edit order’ it comes up with the Seven Dwarfs page.

Phoned tech/guest services twice and they weren’t much help because they couldn’t look at the order I placed. They said they could only see on their end that I have a yellow MB.

My email confirmation had the style of the band I had chosen, which was the Castle Band, and the engraving, which was my name, so I know that I had the right band. The email did not include any information on the free orange band that my husband was getting. In fact, I didn't know what he was going to get for a few days, since the order glitched when I hit the purchase button and he didn't get a premium band. It took a few days before the icon changed to show the bands we had ordered. Eventually I could see my premium band in my list of MagicBands even before the band was shipped to me.

For our Poly stay I ordered and received correctly a castle band for myself and Sorcerer Mickey for my husband. The icons on MDE on the 'My Plans' page for that stay shows the snack band for me and a regular blue band for DH. On the 'Magic Bands and Cards page' it shows the correct bands. Did you have either band engraved with a name? On my confirmation email it doesn't say which band is for which person but below the name of the band it lists the engraving for that band so it is easy to tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter