***April 2019***

Those planning April trips, did you use a travel agent or book your own trip? I booked our trip myself and have I have in the past. My thought is that a Disney vacation can seem complex though, so that may help to have an agent.

I’m truly just curious, I know of someone that does Disney bookings and wonder how they charge, or any perks for those that book?

I book my own. I like having access to my reservation. If you use a TA they own your reservation so if you want to make any changes, room requests or payments you have to go through the TA. Booking through a TA is the exact same cost as booking it yourself. I just personally don’t think it’s worth it.

My FP day is Wednesday and I plan on booking FOP and SDD first near the end of my trip. FOP on 60+5 and I’m going to try SDD for 60+3. It’s only for 1 so I’m hoping to have some luck if not I will try for my departure day but my flight is at 1:39 so we will be picked up at 10:40 approx. I could try for 60+4 but I have DAH that night and wasn’t planning a park but if I can only get one that day I will, I have an AP so I won’t be wasting a ticket or anything for it.

My FP day is Wednesday and I plan on booking FOP and SDD first near the end of my trip. FOP on 60+5 and I’m going to try SDD for 60+3. It’s only for 1 so I’m hoping to have some luck if not I will try for my departure day but my flight is at 1:39 so we will be picked up at 10:40 approx. I could try for 60+4 but I have DAH that night and wasn’t planning a park but if I can only get one that day I will, I have an AP so I won’t be wasting a ticket or anything for it.

I have a bit to go before being able to get FPs, but in the past I’ve watched the touring plans fp availability tool as I get close to my fp day. It goes out (I think) 70 days. Might be helpful to see what things are looking like. Disregard if you already know the tool! : )

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass-availability

I’m excited as I finally added the dining plan for the shorter part of my split stay. We’ve never had it before, but it seems like it will work out well. I have reservations at BOG for a late breakfast and storybook dining at WL one day, then a tusker house lunch the next.

My biggest concern is that I want FOP for 60+3 which also happens to be an EMH morning...my backup/2nd opportunity will be an evening FOP on 60+5 after we do Typhoon Lagoon during the day...
I got FOP for 60+3, but the earliest time available was 2pm. Just to give you an idea of what to expect...

Those planning April trips, did you use a travel agent or book your own trip? I booked our trip myself and have I have in the past. My thought is that a Disney vacation can seem complex though, so that may help to have an agent.

I’m truly just curious, I know of someone that does Disney bookings and wonder how they charge, or any perks for those that book?
I book thru a local TA...it is the exact same price as booking on my own and I am supporting a local business that gets its commission from Disney.

I too control pretty much everything on the reservation minus payments, requests, etc. But dining, FP+, etc I still do all myself anyway so it works out for me.

I’ve added a few new dinners, Saana and the Edison. Hoping to have a window table at Saana for the savanna. The kids like to walk around as DS, so I figured we could try the Edison; I enjoyed Toothsome at Universal.

OK folks...need some advice...here is my current attack plan for our April trip to WDW...would greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide:

Arriving late Friday, April 5th (Staying at the Pop)

Saturday, April 6th
Sleep in
Head to Hollywood Studios with pre-booked FP+ for the afternoon
SciFi Dine In Theater for Dinner
Attend Disney After Hours (9p-12a)

Sunday, April 7th
Sleep in
Head to Epcot with pre-booked FP+ for the afternoon
Via Napoli for Dinner
FEA Dessert Party

Monday, April 8th
Wake up early :-b
Head to Animal Kingdom for EMH and pre-booked FP+ for the morning and afternoon (whatever I can get starting with FOP as the priority)
Tusker House 10:30am
Head to Disney Springs in the afternoon
Void 5pm
Terallina 6:15pm

Tuesday, April 9th
Head to MK with pre-booked FP+ for the morning
Be our Guest Lunch
Head to Epcot for EMH at night for any rides we miss on Sunday if needed

Wednesday, April 10th
Typhoon Lagoon

Head to TBD (MK is the priority, but open to other ideas) with pre-booked FP+ for the evening

Thursday, April 11th
AK
or HS with pre-booked FP+
Garden View Dessert HEA
Magic Kingdom After Hours (10p-1a)

Friday, April 12th
Sleep in
Check out
AK or HS (whichever we didn't do on the 11th) with pre-booked FP+
Fly home at night

So my question is would I be better off moving the Disney Springs Void and Dinner to after the water park on the 10th? The downside is I lose a day of FP+ that can book, but it might be a good way to have a "downtime" day...

The other thing I am struggling with is if I am planning on having two days at Animal Kingdom do I really need to wake up at the crack for EMH on the 8th? My other thought was moving that AK to the 9th and doing MK on the 8th instead.

What would any of you do instead on the night after the water park...I have no idea by the way how much time we will end up spending there...will ultimately be dictated by the weather and crowds...

I know these are first world problems but appreciate everyone's feedback. Trying to balance using all my 60 day FP+ allotment (which is easier to always cancel later) than to not have them and cover all the parks at least twice (this ensures we get whatever headliners we need with FP+)...and also ensure we have as much flexibility to not burn ourselves out and still enjoy the shows and everything else that are at the parks...hence why I booked the after hours where I could.

Thanks!!!
My FP+ window was this morning...party of 4 in case anyone is curious to know avails:

Everything was pretty much whatever time we wanted across all the parks EXCEPT SDD on 4/6 (60+1). Those were all gone already. FOP was available starting 1230ish on 4/6 (60+3).

I ended up keeping everything the same as above except changed the afternoon after the water park to Animal Kingdom (kids wanted to ride FOP twice) and kept the last day before we leave (Thursday) open until the late afternoon to go to MK and then DAH that night there. We chose to do HS for the day we are flying out on the 12th.

My FP+ window was this morning...party of 4 in case anyone is curious to know avails:

Everything was pretty much whatever time we wanted across all the parks EXCEPT SDD on 4/6 (60+1). Those were all gone already. FOP was available starting 1230ish on 4/6 (60+3).

I ended up keeping everything the same as above except changed the afternoon after the water park to Animal Kingdom (kids wanted to ride FOP twice) and kept the last day before we leave (Thursday) open until the late afternoon to go to MK and then DAH that night there. We chose to do HS for the day we are flying out on the 12th.

Thanks for the update. I’m doing my FP on Wednesday, arrive on the 7th. We’re you able to get SDD on the 12th. I’m hoping for SDD on the 10th, I guess I can do it on the 11th during the day but wasn’t planning on any park during the day since I have DAH that night.

Thanks for the update. I’m doing my FP on Wednesday, arrive on the 7th. We’re you able to get SDD at all on your trip or did you not try for another day. I’m hoping for SDD on the 10th, I guess I can do it on the 11th during the day but wasn’t planning on any park during the day since I have DAH that night.
Yes - I was able to book it on our last day which was our other HS day (4/12 which is 60+7). It was basically available any other day for the most part past 60+1 I believe. We are doing DAH at HS on 4/6 so I wasn't sweating too much about trying to get it that first day.

Yes - I was able to book it on our last day which was our other HS day (4/12 which is 60+7). It was basically available any other day for the most part past 60+1 I believe. We are doing DAH at HS on 4/6 so I wasn't sweating too much about trying to get it that first day.

Ok thank you

I was going to ask what @KNovacovschi asked. So, you were able to get SDD at least. I have been wondering on how availability will be for that ride. Did you get afternoon or evening for it? I like the time for FoP, at 1230 or after. I am not yet in FP window, so will just be looking to see how everyone's FB booking goes.

I was going to ask what @KNovacovschi asked. So, you were able to get SDD at least. I have been wondering on how availability will be for that ride. Did you get afternoon or evening for it? I like the time for FoP, at 1230 or after. I am not yet in FP window, so will just be looking to see how everyone's FB booking goes.
I got midday for it...I could have picked morning but since we are doing DAH at MK the night before and it ends at 1 in the morning there was zero chance we were going early...lol...it's our checkout day so we were fine with going midday to close out the vacation...

I got midday for it...I could have picked morning but since we are doing DAH at MK the night before and it ends at 1 in the morning there was zero chance we were going early...lol...it's our checkout day so we were fine with going midday to close out the vacation...

I just realized I will be at DAH the same night as you, lol. I'm doing AK on the 12th so I will be looking for FOP around 12.

I have a bit to go before being able to get FPs, but in the past I’ve watched the touring plans fp availability tool as I get close to my fp day. It goes out (I think) 70 days. Might be helpful to see what things are looking like. Disregard if you already know the tool! : )

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass-availability

I was just able to go to the site to check it out and I hope the availability showing is accurate and is the same on Wednesday, that's my FP day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter