• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2015 discounts?

There iis an "agency exclusive" that just went out today that does cover April and includes Easter. It's not a large discount & only includes a few resorts - but it may be worth looking into. :goodvibes

Does this include the Beach Club by any chance? We are going to be there Easter week (6th-10th) with my son's high school baseball team. They are staying at All Star Sports, but I was hoping for the Beach Club! I've got the Swan booked right now. Thanks!!

Any chance that discount includes All Star Music? That's where we are thinking of staying, from April 22-27.

The only resorts that I know of that are included in the discount are BC, Poly & POR. The quote I got for BC for 5 nights over Easter break was a few hundred less than Disney's price. I know -because I asked for a quote for the following resorts- that they are not included in the offer: CSR, CBR, CR & GF.

I just received a pin in the mail today (easter is blacked out) for a great deal- so I think instead of Easter, i think we're going to take ds out of school for 3 days & do Memorial day. With the pin, we'd be able to get a dlx for less than a moderate at easter time.

Have fun planning your trip!! pixiedust:

Looking at the historical discounts on Mousesavers, it looks like for the past couple of years the discounts for April have come out right after the first of the year (and they cover dates extending into June).

At this point, I'm hoping for anything in the way of a RO discount for POFQ for April. I'm still miffed that there are no more AAA discounts.

Are we still thinking January for disney discounts? What about orbitz? Any idea when they would do discounts applicable for April 2015?
The promo code REVIEW15 should get you 15% off. However, I'd advise waiting to see if Disney ends up releasing a room-only discount. That way you can stack the two discounts.

If there's no Disney discount, odds are there will still be an Orbitz code you could use.

The promo code REVIEW15 should get you 15% off. However, I'd advise waiting to see if Disney ends up releasing a room-only discount. That way you can stack the two discounts.

If there's no Disney discount, odds are there will still be an Orbitz code you could use.

Can someone help me understand this? That means that I wouldn't want to make my reservation yet for room? We already have plane tickets but I'm trying to figure out how to get the best deal on the room and am confused about how one can stack codes if you don't book through disney.

Can someone help me understand this? That means that I wouldn't want to make my reservation yet for room? We already have plane tickets but I'm trying to figure out how to get the best deal on the room and am confused about how one can stack codes if you don't book through disney.
Sorry for being vague.

When Orbitz lists Disney resort rooms, the prices normally reflect Disney's current room-only discount rates. So, right there, you're already matching Disney's best price.

If you use a valid Orbitz promo code, you will then save an additional percentage off of Disney's discounted rate.

With Orbitz, you pay in full when you book. You can cancel for a refund, but it's cumbersome to cancel your reservation and rebook if you find a deeper discount. That's why I advised waiting.

Sorry for being vague.

When Orbitz lists Disney resort rooms, the prices normally reflect Disney's current room-only discount rates. So, right there, you're already matching Disney's best price.

If you use a valid Orbitz promo code, you will then save an additional percentage off of Disney's discounted rate.

With Orbitz, you pay in full when you book. You can cancel for a refund, but it's cumbersome to cancel your reservation and rebook if you find a deeper discount. That's why I advised waiting.

Sorry for jumping in. Would it make sense to make a room only reservation direct with Disney ASAP? I know that you can apply any Disney discounts to that reservation at a later date. Then if Orbitz offers a code later on on top of the Disney rate I think I could cancel my reservation with Disney quite easily to book thru Orbitz.

Am I missing something? Are there any benefits to booking with Disney that would make up for the additional discount that Orbitz might offer?

I was ready on Monday to book my flights with Southwest when they opened more dates but they extended it to November 10th. I don't want to make any resort reservations until I have my flights.

Sorry for jumping in. Would it make sense to make a room only reservation direct with Disney ASAP? I know that you can apply any Disney discounts to that reservation at a later date. Then if Orbitz offers a code later on on top of the Disney rate I think I could cancel my reservation with Disney quite easily to book thru Orbitz. Am I missing something? Are there any benefits to booking with Disney that would make up for the additional discount that Orbitz might offer? I was ready on Monday to book my flights with Southwest when they opened more dates but they extended it to November 10th. I don't want to make any resort reservations until I have my flights.
I'm hoping some other Orbitz users will jump in too :) But, in my opinion, there is no benefit to booking with Disney now if you're booking at full price. If you want the peace of mind of having *a* room at WDW, then maybe it makes sense. There is no penalty if you cancel it.

But an Orbitz room-only reservation is equal in every way to booking a room directly with Disney. MDE, FP+, it's all the same. You do have to pay in full at booking, and booking children is a little annoying (you have to call after you book the adults). But in most situations you will get a better room-only rate.

As was mentioned, the two benefits of booking with Disney are not having to pay in full and having complete control over the reservation (changes to dates, adding children, adding/removing the dining plan, etc).

The benefit of booking with Orbitz is that it's possible to get a discount that's not available at Disney. The downside is that you have to pay in full and Orbitz "owns" the reservation so you have to call them to make any changes.

Isn't there a benefit to booking earlier in terms of making ADR's?
Slightly, yes.

You can book any ADR without a room reservation at exactly 180 days out.

With a room reservation, you can make all your trip's ADRs 180 days from the *first* day of your trip ("180+10").

Through Orbitz, is it room only? Or can I do tickets and dining plan as well? I assume if I can, I just need to link everything through MDE?

I booked after I got to pin codes in the mail this week. I still have to get flights though. Crossing my fingers...

The pin was be up to 35% discount so I wanted to secure that in case my choices were more limited later. I'll still be looking in January to see if they do a discount I can stack with orbitz.

Through Orbitz, is it room only? Or can I do tickets and dining plan as well? I assume if I can, I just need to link everything through MDE?
Orbitz is always a room-only reservation. You can also buy tickets from them, but it's a separate transaction in Disney's eyes. Both can be linked to MDE, and you'll be able to book FP+ 60 days out.

It is not possible to purchase a dining plan with an Orbitz reservation. Definitely something to consider when making your decision.

Any chance that discount includes All Star Music? That's where we are thinking of staying, from April 22-27.

Library geek, just to let you know that the dates you are looking at include the cheerleading world championships. I need to book some rooms for family and friends for 23-28/4.
The international teams stay at ASMu and the American teams stay at ASSp, with overflow at ASMo, this is our third trip for cheerleading world championships, all of the all star resorts are overtaken by cheerleaders:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter