• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2012 trip, Dl,Yosemite, sequoia

Yosemite View Lodge is a motel style lodging.
IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

Merced River runs next to it which makes it wonderful. You literally can step into the river from the rooms.
IMG_2366.jpg

This is where the water comes from
IMG_2508.jpg

WOW!!!! I've seen that hotel while researching the trip, it's picturesque, especially with the river. The pics will definitely help sway DH. Thanks very much!
Also makes me realize a trip in warmer weather would be prettier.....

Yosemite NP is simply amazing. I agree that you should stay in El Portal and probably take advantage of Yosemite View Lodge. It is very close to the gate of Yosemite NP. Perfect for getting to the valley floor. You probably won't want to make the drive to the Mariposa area if there is alot of snow on the ground.

Be careful if you decide to fly into LA and then fly out of SF. Rental car companies typically charge you a HUGE drop off fee for doing that. Sometimes as much as a plane ticket. Keep your eye out for that.

Hope you have a great trip!

I have some good pics of Yosemite View Lodge if you would like to see them and the surrounding area up there.

Where do you plan on staying at DL?

About the rental car......we flew into SF and flew back home from LA. There was a huge surcharge indeed. For us it was a flat rate fee of $300.00. It was a big sum of money. However, for us it was worth it, as there was no way we wanted to drive all the way back up to SF to catch a flight home.

This summer we are flying into Spokane (going to Glacier National Park) and flying home out of LAX. There will be another surcharge, but it is what it is.

It stinks paying an extra charge, but it also stinks wasting time to return a car to the same rental place. I am with you on paying the surcharge. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter