Apple Watch and Disney App

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
Thinking of getting an Apple Watch. Has anyone used the Disney app on it? How was it if you did?

Currently there's no official Disney or MDE app for the Apple Watch. Notifications can be pushed over to the watch but I don't believe the MDE app has any meaningful notifications. If you don't mind adding your reservations to whatever calendar you have set up in your iCloud account (I use Google) then you can actually have those shown on a detailed watchface. I typically do this for FP, reservations, and night-time shows.

I agree that I wish there was a Disney app, but I still loved having my Apple Watch on my trip. Before we left the park each morning, I entered my dining reservations and FP reservations into my alarms so that I didn't always need my phone in hand to know what was next.

I had gotten an Apple Watch just before our last trip.
Even though it was not integrated with MDE, I loved it for alerts, text messages and tracking my distance.

One thing that consistently did alert was restaurants. As I walked by counter service restaurants that offered on line ordering, I got alerts suggesting I might want to eat there and telling me I could order from my phone. It was kind of funny

Even though it was not integrated with MDE, I loved it for alerts, text messages and tracking my distance.

One thing that consistently did alert was restaurants. As I walked by counter service restaurants that offered on line ordering, I got alerts suggesting I might want to eat there and telling me I could order from my phone. It was kind of funny
On your watch? Really? How did that get set up? I've never had that on mine

mine does the same things not sure how
Hmmm... Version of watch? Mine is 2 (I think that's it, not the newest that can work without the phone but the one just before that)
I bet I don't have Alerts turned on for MDE since I'm alert adverse overall. I don't use them on many apps, so they wouldn't have any alert to mirror on the watch

mine does the same things not sure how
I’m not sure how either. I don’t have anything set up.
My Apple Watch is a version 3, but I don’t have the one that can work without an iPhone. It does have WiFi though and is connected to the phone thru Bluetooth and WiFi. I didn’t set anything up, but I assume it’s being sent something from MDE by my phone.

Hmmm... Version of watch? Mine is 2 (I think that's it, not the newest that can work without the phone but the one just before that)
I bet I don't have Alerts turned on for MDE since I'm alert adverse overall. I don't use them on many apps, so they wouldn't have any alert to mirror on the watch
I think I have the same one as you I got mine about a year ago. It did it my last big trip in December ( it might have before) but I do remember it that trip since when I walked by someplace my watch went off and I went we can mobile order here and we did.

I looked at my watch and I do not see MDE is linked(? not sure I am using the right word) but it is not one of the apps that appears on my watch) I will not be at Disney anytime soon ( end of April, Had to spend way too much money my last trip my February trip had to cancel) So, I will not be able to test thing out but hopefully someone else can shed light on the notification that the Apple watch sent.

I think I have the same one as you I got mine about a year ago. It did it my last big trip in December ( it might have before) but I do remember it that trip since when I walked by someplace my watch went off and I went we can mobile order here and we did.

I looked at my watch and I do not see MDE is linked(? not sure I am using the right word) but it is not one of the apps that appears on my watch) I will not be at Disney anytime soon ( end of April, Had to spend way too much money my last trip my February trip had to cancel) So, I will not be able to test thing out but hopefully someone else can shed light on the notification that the Apple watch sent.
If you go under Notifications, you can set it to mirror alerts from the phone for apps from the phone, they don't have to be on the watch too. But, it has to mirror the alert that shows up on the phone, so you need it to send alerts to the phone in order to also send an alert to your watch.

I don't have MDE set to send any alerts to my phone, which is why I wouldn't get any on my watch too, I'm certain.

Great info. Glad I started this thread. Does anyone know if the DL app sends alert? Heading there in April.

I realized something else that would prevent mine from giving me this type of alert, even if I had alerts enabled, I don't have location services enabled to run in the background. That's the battery hog so I have it off. I don't need the mapping feature at WDW.

So, for those that DO want these types of alerts to come to your watch, just another item to note, you'd want to have location services set to run at all times for MDE on your phone and have it set to send alerts, and mirror your watch alerts to your phone alerts.

I just came back from a trip with my apple watch 3 and didn't get alerts on it. maybe i didn't set them up? Idk. I wouldn't bank on using your apple watch for MDE stuff.

I just came back from a trip with my apple watch 3 and didn't get alerts on it. maybe i didn't set them up? Idk. I wouldn't bank on using your apple watch for MDE stuff.
It's each to check. Just look at MDE on your phone and see what have the alert set for
Then check the Watch app and see if you have it set to mirror Disney app alerts
I did that and that's when I realized why I didn't get alerts, I don't have MDE set to give me any, even though I do have the watch set to mirror (obviously it can't mirror NO alerts ;) )

I created a short video to demonstrate how to do this. I cannot add captions or highlights on screen (unfortunately) but hopefully you can follow it. Just first open the watch app and then follow the taps on screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter