Apple Watch and Disney App

For anyone wanting to just have their smart watch on and not have to wear a magic band as well, here are some cool sliders. I saw a women in the park last month with this and thought it was neat

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyDesignAccessories

View attachment 307295
View attachment 307296
I got one a few weeks ago to wear on our trip this coming weekend. Thought it was a brilliant use of a 3D printer. I'm not sure how I'll like the extra item on my band, I hope it doesn't catch on things. But I'm willing to give it a try.

ETA - The seller I bought from also has some that can connect the puck to things like the brim of a ball cap

I need that slider badly.

Best thing about the apple watch and Disney is Apple Pay. It doesn't help all that much with the MDX app.

I got one a few weeks ago to wear on our trip this coming weekend. Thought it was a brilliant use of a 3D printer. I'm not sure how I'll like the extra item on my band, I hope it doesn't catch on things. But I'm willing to give it a try.

ETA - The seller I bought from also has some that can connect the puck to things like the brim of a ball cap
I'm interested to hear how your experience goes with this. My hubby and I would consider wearing these!

Almost forgot to report back on my use of a puck keeper on my Apple Watch band.
It went swimmingly.
I really had my doubts when I first put it on the band. It seemed so big and really looked like it was going to get knocked off or catch on things all the time.
But not once in the 4 days of our trip did it cause me any problems. I put it on the outside side (above the watch face) of the watch, so it was away from my body, which I think made all the difference. Had it been towards me I do think I would have found it snagged on things as I moved my arm around.
But it was really easy to walk up to touch points, no odd twisting or twerking of my arm, nothing.
I even had to switch to ApplePay partway through our trip due to an glitch with charging privileges. Rather than go to the front desk and deal with them fixing it I just used Apple Pay instead. Just as easy and same card.
So two thumbs up from me. I even sold one to the guys working at RAC at AoA. He got on ETSY and ordered it while we were dropping our bags

Thanks everyone who explained the notifications! I enabled notifications in the MDE app and set it to mirror in my watch. Does this mean I'll get a notification when I have a fastpass or meal reservation or do I still have to put that in my iPhone calendar manually?

Thanks everyone who explained the notifications! I enabled notifications in the MDE app and set it to mirror in my watch. Does this mean I'll get a notification when I have a fastpass or meal reservation or do I still have to put that in my iPhone calendar manually?
No, you do not get notifications for FP or ADR. If you want a reminder for those, you'll want to add them to your calendar manually

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts