Apparently Disneyland has started banning accounts that use the free Parkhoppers given out at D23

GameSyns

Earning My Ears
If you remember from D23 last year, there was a mix up in the Animation Panel that left a ton of people sitting around waiting for hours. As a concession to the people who wait, they were given a free one-day park hopper pass among other things. Two people have reported their account was banned for having the tickets in them. Check out the Twitter thread here: https://twitter.com/mymousecapades/status/1008825935364280320

EDIT: You didn't even need to use the tickets apparently.

In their defense the poor company is barely scraping by. It would take them nearly an hour to sell what they lost from the stolen tickets. Sweeping up a thousand loyal high-spending customers who attended D23 and treating them like criminals seems like a perfectly reasonable response. Sarcasm tag goes here.

In their defense the poor company is barely scraping by. It would take them nearly an hour to sell what they lost from the stolen tickets. Sweeping up a thousand loyal high-spending customers who attended D23 and treating them like criminals seems like a perfectly reasonable response. Sarcasm tag goes here.

I second your sentiments!
Why should good customers and guests be treated well? Just open your wallet, accept everything we do, even if you hate and or disagree with certain corporate decisions, or go home.

Hi, I’m the OP on Twitter (@mymousecapades). Just chiming in to add some context to the situation.

Today my best friend and I both learned that our Disney accounts (the one you sign in with on ALL Disney sites) were blocked and disabled. We were told that we wouldn’t be able to use them again due to fraudulent activity.

We were able to talk to someone at Disneyland Ticketing Services who asked us to explain where we received the one-day park hoppers that were linked to our accounts. She said that our accounts were blocked for fraudulent activity and she would look into this more.

After waiting all day, we were able to get them to correct their mistake. However, the tickets are now gone from my account. I’m waiting to hear back from Disney if they will be reinstating my tickets. Just a heads up for anyone who may have these tickets, they might be deactivated. And if you linked them to your account, double check that you can sign in. I would have never noticed if I didn’t try to sign in.

One additional point of clarification: the account was blocked because the tickets were linked to my Disney account. I have another friend who did not link his tickets, and has already used the paper tickets. He has no issues with his Disney account.

Last edited:

OMG! I still have mine from the Animation Panel fiasco. I am a CM (from NJ) so I did not need to use it to go see the preview of Fantasmic that night. I have not been back to DL since, but was going to have my son use it in October.

Pardon my ignorance, but I did not know one attached DL tickets like this in advance. I was just going to have him use the paper ticket (on a day that I am blocked from bringing in a guest). But I did want to use it for Max Pass after entering the park. Is that what happened, Redboxcar? Now I am nervous. Maybe we should use it and then go to guest relations? (We have to go there every day anyway to get a DAS).

I am calling the cast line too because I think being flagged for fraud could actually automatically get me fired, which would be understandable if I committed major ticket fraud. UGH!

Last edited:
OMG! I still have mine from the Animation Panel fiasco. I am a CM (from NJ) so I did not need to use it to go see the preview of Fantasmic that night. I have not been back to DL since, but was going to have my son use it in October.

Pardon my ignorance, but I did not know one attached DL tickets like this in advance. I was just going to have him use the paper ticket (on a day that I am blocked from bringing in a guest). But I did want to use it for Max Pass after entering the park. Is that what happened, Redboxcar? Now I am nervous. Maybe we should use it and then go to guest relations? (We have to go there every day anyway to get a DAS).

I am calling the cast line too because I think being flagged for fraud could actually automatically get me fired, which would be understandable if I committed major ticket fraud. UGH!

Pat, I hope you hear some good news today. My account is fine now, but my tickets are still gone. Waiting to hear back on that. You can link the tickets to your account via the Disneyland app (screenshot included), just like you can do with WDW tickets in the WDW app. The last two times I went to Disneyland, I just scanned the barcode from my phone and did not need the physical paper tickets. I also bought MaxPass, but I believe that part is unrelated.

P.S. I wouldn’t worry about getting fired. It seems to me at this point that the issue is isolated to accounts that have valid, linked tickets in time.

Attachments

• A30DED84-CA92-421D-AFDF-44534B4A513D.jpeg
    A30DED84-CA92-421D-AFDF-44534B4A513D.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 20
I called today, they said my ticket still shows as valid. But that they would put notes into the ticket account, and if it is refused at entry, to go to guest services and they would see the notes, that is was a D23 ticket, etc.

They said they are still trying to figure out exactly what happened with the cancelled tickets and why it kicked people out across all Disney platforms.

#2017AnimationPanelNeverForget

Wow...and I have 3 of these tickets that my wife and son were planning to use next week. I never linked the tickets to my account, I was just going to take them to the gate...so are these tickets now invalid?

You can call to see if they are valid, it was a 40 minute wait, well 20 to get a human and another 20 or so to get the tech support person on the phone. The technical support family knew about the issue, even asked where I learned about it and it if was Linda, lol.

I think it would be wise to not attach to your DL account on the app until you enter the park. Just in case. I only had the one ticket, my friends used theirs to see the Fantasmic preview. (I have a MEP so I did not need to use mine for that).

Can anyone clue me in or point me to somewhere to clue in? We recently joined D23 for the first time and plan to go to the next convention (or at least are beginning to look in to it) and now I'm worried about things being on the up and up
Why on earth would Disney void or ban tickets D23 gave out? I thought D23 was official Disney group. Or were they not given out by D23 but by some 3rd party who obtained them questionably?

Can anyone clue me in or point me to somewhere to clue in? We recently joined D23 for the first time and plan to go to the next convention (or at least are beginning to look in to it) and now I'm worried about things being on the up and up
Why on earth would Disney void or ban tickets D23 gave out? I thought D23 was official Disney group. Or were they not given out by D23 but by some 3rd party who obtained them questionably?

I wouldn't worry about D23 being official or on the up-and-up. It's poor Disney IT, aka business as usual. I don't think D23 typically hands out park tickets, so that may be where some of the issue occurred. But, let's face it, Disney's web accounts have often removed ADRs, FP+, and valid tickets, so I am not at all surprised at what happened with this.

They gave out free tickets due to an issue with making many guests wait a long time.

Then someone stole thousands (?) of tickets from the same batch out of a truck.

It's not really a D23 issue. You're good to go.

They gave out free tickets due to an issue with making many guests wait a long time.

Ah, got it. So they had no way to know which were given out by D23 and which were stolen. So they flagged the entire lot. What a mess!
Thanks. I knew it had to be something more

You can call to see if they are valid, it was a 40 minute wait, well 20 to get a human and another 20 or so to get the tech support person on the phone. The technical support family knew about the issue, even asked where I learned about it and it if was Linda, lol.

I think it would be wise to not attach to your DL account on the app until you enter the park. Just in case. I only had the one ticket, my friends used theirs to see the Fantasmic preview. (I have a MEP so I did not need to use mine for that).

LOL @ them asking if it was me. I think they've all heard about my situation across the entire company at this point. I'm surprised I'm the only one who called them about this. Well, I'm not the only one, but I must be the only one who called, tweeted, and emailed. :-D

As mentioned by soniam, I wouldn't worry about D23 being official or not. It's very much official. This was a very specific series of events that happened, and only a very small number of people are affected (according to what I've been told). Admittedly, the OP's title and post were a little sensationalist and misleading, I'm sure not on purpose.

I wouldn't worry about D23 being official or on the up-and-up. It's poor Disney IT, aka business as usual. I don't think D23 typically hands out park tickets, so that may be where some of the issue occurred. But, let's face it, Disney's web accounts have often removed ADRs, FP+, and valid tickets, so I am not at all surprised at what happened with this.

Thanks for chiming in to help clarify! And while I understand that Disney IT can and has often removed valid reservations and tickets, I think this is a bit of a unique circumstance, because since these tickets were specifically flagged as fraudulent, it went one step further as to actually block my account for a violation of terms of service. Ticketing Services was able to track the circumstances and reinstate the account fine, understanding that the false flag caused the system overreaction (their words, not mine) and it was all a mistake. The problem now, though, is that they're giving me a hard time about giving the tickets back. Not because they don't want to, but they're trying to send me in circles to identify the missing ticket numbers... part of it, I think, is an attempt to identify who else might be affected. They were particularly curious about the series numbers and why the ticket numbers weren't closer together, etc.

Yes, this. The thousands of tickets being stolen is purely speculation on my part, as they did not specifically confirm it... but the timing and situation makes sense. About two months ago, about 8,000 valid one-day tickets were stolen. According to the news, Disney went through and invalidated all of those tickets and probably marked any accounts that had these tickets linked as fraudulent. My guess is that their system mistakenly invalidated more than just the stolen tickets, but those single-day park hoppers that they couldn't figure out the origin for.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-disneyland-tickets-trailer-stolen-20180419-story.html

I hadn't heard this specific story at all, until I brought up my situation to a friend, who heard the store and thought the situations may be related.

Ah, got it. So they had no way to know which were given out by D23 and which were stolen. So they flagged the entire lot. What a mess!
Thanks. I knew it had to be something more

Yes, exactly, this is my suspicion.

Hi everyone,

I thought you all might be interested in an update. I want to clear up any confusion that the title and OP may have caused, and explain the situation a little bit more.

I noticed I wasn't able to log in to any of Disney's websites (MDE, WDW website, DLR website, DMR, DVC, etc...) so I called to find out why, and after much back and forth, I was told that I had been banned (it turns out I wasn't BANNED, but BLOCKED, but the cast members whom I initially spoke to didn't feel the need to differentiate the two) and that I would not be able to use my Disney account "ever again." I asked why and they said they weren't able to tell me over the phone due to the sensitivity of the issue and them not having full access/explanation, so I should email Guest Services.

After speaking with several different departments, and reaching out via Twitter and email, my friend (whose account was also blocked) was able to get through to a Disneyland Ticketing Services CM who asked her where she got the one-day park hoppers that were tied to her account. That's when we figured out that the issue must be related to those tickets.

After a day of "investigation" they called us back and told us the problem: their computers had mistakenly flagged our tickets as fraudulent, and as a result, we were blocked. They boiled it down to "a computer error that required human intervention." That didn't exactly sit well with me, because I asked -- what if I hadn't noticed, what if I had gone to Disneyland and was turned away at the gate, what about other people who maybe haven't realized yet. They told me not to speculate about what if, because my problem was solved, and they were working to correct the issue for the batch of tickets that were wrongly flagged. The response was un-Disney, in my opinion.

When I finally gained access back to my account, I noticed that my tickets were gone. Now, I was given those tickets fair and square, so I don't feel like they should have been taken. I called them back and asked for those tickets to be reinstated, and that's kind of where I'm at now. They're willing to help me, but they want me to do the work. I've been asked to dig through my belongings to search for the physical tickets, I've been asked to call D23 Expo management and ask them for the info (dumb, this has zero chance of being useful and is just a runaround, in my opinion).

Now I'm waiting for them to figure out what to do. I asked if they couldn't simply see the tickets that were linked to my account before the snafu, and they said no. They don't seem to want to just issue brand new tickets, but they can't seem to figure out how to find the tickets I already had... so they're basically just making me wait until they figure something out.

I should point out that every CM has been very nice, even if not very helpful. They're friendly and they definitely know me and my situation across all of their support channels. My biggest gripes at this point are (1) I want my tickets back and (2) they won't let me talk to a Guest Experiences Manager. Every single CM I've talked to is from a specific department, and they all tell me the same thing... take your problems elsewhere, I'm only here for one purpose (tech support, ticket research, reservations, etc).

The stolen tickets were only for a one day after dark event, they were not park hoppers. So I can’t see how they could be from the same batch, and in no way should the two have been confused for each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter