Apparently Disneyland has started banning accounts that use the free Parkhoppers given out at D23

Thanks for chiming in to help clarify! And while I understand that Disney IT can and has often removed valid reservations and tickets, I think this is a bit of a unique circumstance, because since these tickets were specifically flagged as fraudulent, it went one step further as to actually block my account for a violation of terms of service. Ticketing Services was able to track the circumstances and reinstate the account fine, understanding that the false flag caused the system overreaction (their words, not mine) and it was all a mistake. The problem now, though, is that they're giving me a hard time about giving the tickets back. Not because they don't want to, but they're trying to send me in circles to identify the missing ticket numbers... part of it, I think, is an attempt to identify who else might be affected. They were particularly curious about the series numbers and why the ticket numbers weren't closer together, etc.

I hope they fix things for you quickly. However, dealing with their IT on a daily basis being a frequent Walt Disney World visitor, I see and hear of all sorts of mess up like this all the time. I hear of peoples FP+, hotel, and/or dining reservations just completely disappearing and having to have IT try to give them back. They are especially bad at reinstating dining and FP+ reservations. Sometimes, people don't notice until they are at the resort and then spend hours at Guest Services. You raise a good point, but I don't think that Disney as a company will do much about it, if it costs them more money. I do think individual employees care but often don't have the ability to do much about it. Good luck!

The stolen tickets were only for a one day after dark event, they were not park hoppers. So I can’t see how they could be from the same batch, and in no way should the two have been confused for each other.

The plot thickens.

Any chance to get d23 involved in this?

The stolen tickets were only for a one day after dark event, they were not park hoppers. So I can’t see how they could be from the same batch, and in no way should the two have been confused for each other.

I couldn't agree with this more. They offer no explanation for how the D23 tickets were mistakenly targeted, only to say that they were. It's frustrating, and I'm equally baffled how they could have confused the two because not only are they not the same *types* of tickets, I added mine to my account several months before this situation even happened. A simple additional filter for one-day tickets that were added since that date could have helped them narrow down the proper tickets to invalidate.

I also feel bad for anyone that got the real stolen tickets and possibly got their account banned. Someone may have bought them in good faith and then found out at the last minute that their account was locked. They would just be victims too.

I also feel bad for anyone that got the real stolen tickets and possibly got their account banned. Someone may have bought them in good faith and then found out at the last minute that their account was locked. They would just be victims too.
Well, if you're buying them from someone in a trenchcoat, or out of the back of someone's van, you probably shouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be stolen. ;)

Well, if you're buying them from someone in a trenchcoat, or out of the back of someone's van, you probably shouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be stolen. ;)

Totally. However, someone may try to buy it online or from a live person, not realizing that's a bad idea. I am always surprised about the number of posts from people trying to save money by buying park tickets and hard party event tickets from individual people. If it's too good to be true...

update 6/29

my wife and kids attempted to use the comps we were given after the parks panel at last year's expo as compensation from the animation panel debacle...the tickets do scan invalid. the cast member called a lead and i explained how we obtained the tickets, also noting D23 is printed on the pack of the ticket and the expiration date is actually next summer...she takes the tickets to try to figure things out. a little more than 20 minutes goes by and the lead comes back, she tells me someone was selling the comp tickets online so all of the tickets have been flagged. she did switch them out with one day park hoppers so we were able to enjoy the day, but if you still have these tickets and are wanting to use them, be prepared for a delay getting into the park.

update 6/29

my wife and kids attempted to use the comps we were given after the parks panel at last year's expo as compensation from the animation panel debacle...the tickets do scan invalid. the cast member called a lead and i explained how we obtained the tickets, also noting D23 is printed on the pack of the ticket and the expiration date is actually next summer...she takes the tickets to try to figure things out. a little more than 20 minutes goes by and the lead comes back, she tells me someone was selling the comp tickets online so all of the tickets have been flagged. she did switch them out with one day park hoppers so we were able to enjoy the day, but if you still have these tickets and are wanting to use them, be prepared for a delay getting into the park.
It's ridiculous that what started off as a goodwill gesture has become such a mess. Really bad show on Disney's part to handle things this way.

Honestly, this is not D23's issue. I wouldn't see a point. Not only that, the tickets came from the Special Events Manager for Disneyland Resort, not from D23 specifically.

Hmm. It happened at their event because of problems at their event. I would think they would want to take ownership of the issues that have happened with the tickets handed out at and because of their event.

This is another case of someone trying to take advantage of Disney, and everyone else becomes collateral damage. It happened with the 7/8 day hoppers, and now with the tickets that Disney gave out because of their inability to handle one of the events correctly.

Sorry you guys went through this, and kudos for staying on top of Disney.

Update 10/15.

Attempted to use the D23 comp tickets this past weekend, and just as I reported to begin with, they were invalid. Because I had notes in my account about the issue, they were able to get me going fairly quickly... about 5 min wait at the gate.

In addition, I got a tweet yesterday from PatMcDuck (from earlier in this thread) and her tickets were also invalid when she tried to enter the park yesterday.

Just another heads up for folks with comp tix from D23 Expo 2017!

update 6/29

It's ridiculous that what started off as a goodwill gesture has become such a mess. Really bad show on Disney's part to handle things this way.
Shame on the idiot taking advantage of a free ticket for ruining it for everyone. That's where the bad show falls
People like that are why Disney has drastically reduced it's pixie dust happenings, like free tickets. I mean, Disney didn't have to offer free tickets in this case. It's great they did but because someone took advantage next time they have a screw up (and they will) it probably won't result in free tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter