AP Rate available!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting for the AP rates for months for March! However, I only needed 1 night at a Premium resort because we are only going to Universal 2 days in the middle of our Disney trip(thanks to poor planning with my daughter's school trip). I was really hoping for a good rate at Royal Pacific, as that is usually the one that we can "almost" afford with an AP rate, lol. This time RPR doesn't have a passholder rate for a standard room the one night we need. Only a 1 bedroom for $967. Yikes! There are only 2 of us and we are at the parks both days. I am so disappointed! HRH was $414, but still out of my price range for just 1 night for 2 people. If the rate wasnt' available from the get go when they released yesterday, is it possible they would add it for standard rooms later? This is for 3/13 so we still have a little time, but I need to have a plan so just curious. I don't think we will change hotels from Disney to Universal if we can't get a deluxe to get hte Express passes. What are the chances they add more? Thanks!
Yes if people cancel you might see the room you’re looking for show up. All you can do is keep checking unfortunately

When I originally booked last December there were no AP rates available for HRH for 3/12 to 3/19 (spring break for some schools). I kinda doubt there will be any added for that time period. Congrats to those who saved $$$ !!!!

I'm not following the comment that the AP rates are the same as regular price last year so they are no longer really AP. Yes, everything has shot up in cost (so glad I got that generous 2% raise), but the AP rate is still less than the current seasonal rate. So still a deal, but a stinging one if went last year. Or, am I missing something completely? We are going this weekend with AP rate that was around $75-100 less than published seasonal rate (PBH)

I'm not following the comment that the AP rates are the same as regular price last year so they are no longer really AP. Yes, everything has shot up in cost (so glad I got that generous 2% raise), but the AP rate is still less than the current seasonal rate. So still a deal, but a stinging one if went last year. Or, am I missing something completely? We are going this weekend with AP rate that was around $75-100 less than published seasonal rate (PBH)
So at least for those of us that were watching Presidents’ Day week, a few days before they released rates they jacked the prices up substantially. So once the rates released they were no where near 25-35% off of what they had been a week prior.

So at least for those of us that were watching Presidents’ Day week, a few days before they released rates they jacked the prices up substantially. So once the rates released they were no where near 25-35% off of what they had been a week prior.

They likely noticed that Princess is going on and they needed to raise the prices to match that demand.

They likely noticed that Princess is going on and they needed to raise the prices to match that demand.
Maybe but it was literally like a week ago. I would think they noticed something like that further than 6 weeks out lol. I find it more likely they knew they were releasing AP rates and raised them so once discounted they would be at the price they wanted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ either way I’m getting some kind of discount I suppose. Really I ended up spending $40 more but added club level…. I used my best Disney math on that one.

You're absolutely right. To illustrate your point, I booked a Future Rock Star Suite at HRH back in August 2021, for February 21-25, 2022, for $805/night with a "Stay More Save More" discount, a modest savings off of the then-Seasonal Rate of $895/night. (While the amount was galling, it was still cheaper than the cost of two standard rooms at HRH, which had a Seasonal Rate well over $500 even then.) The Seasonal Rate stayed at $895 for months afterwards, but was very recently bumped up to nearly $1,200.

There's no realistic hope that any APH rates will be offered for our room category and dates, as they're now fully booked. However, even if Universal offered our room with a 30% APH discount, the hypothetical APH discount rate (~$800/night, 30% off the current rate of $1,200) wouldn't offer any appreciable savings over the rate(s) we already have.

Last edited:
Well, I saved almost $400 on our week at CBBR. Also saved $100 on the RPR room we had for one night to get 2 days of EP. Used that money to book a night at HRH for 2 more days of FP, then booked a night at PBH. We have 4 people so that is a good deal on EPs. The kids are 15 and 21 so DH and I will probably stay in those deluxe rooms, or maybe we do a girls room/boys room thing.
I sure hope we can go on that trip! We had to cancel an October trip, and were supposed to leave today, but had to cancel again. Ugh.

I'm happy to see any AP rates come back! They aren't as good as I had last round, but still better than nothing (still even better considering the recent room increases, ie. rates are in the $300 range, yes, previously they have been in the $200 range, but it's still better than the original $450 rack rate (which is now more like a $550 rack rate).

I'm not sure if my comment makes enough sense, but if you already have an AP it's a savings.

I‘m glad they finally released AP rates for Presidents week and happy for those who’ve gotten discounts. Unfortunately it looks like I’m going to have to pay the seasonal rate. All of the minion suites are booked, so no AP rate for me😢

I‘m glad they finally released AP rates for Presidents week and happy for those who’ve gotten discounts. Unfortunately it looks like I’m going to have to pay the seasonal rate. All of the minion suites are booked, so no AP rate for me😢

I feel you. I encourage you to keep checking though, especially when the 5-day cancellation window gets close. You never know what might open up, or at what rate. It's a slim chance, but it's a chance!

Booked 2 rooms at RPR in December for a July trip and the rooms went up 120$ a night each! Glad I did.

Can we open the locked Official APH thread now that rates are coming back? So we can help watch for May and June release?
I am not a mod.

That sort of question rightfully needs to be directed to this forum’s moderator. I do see mod Mac answered your query

Agrre, it’s very helpful to have this sort of thread in place to keep the fires burning.

Watching a compilation thread is an easy & efficient way to get a quick alert when it’s time to pounce

As expressed above, all are very welcome to set up camp in that thread to watch for any & all future rates and enjoy congenial discussion

Again, thank you to the management for all you do to help us plan our fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter