AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

How many people bought APs from Sam's who have never had them before? I find it interesting. Disney still wins. ;)

I bought one from Sams this morning but I had been considering buying one for the last few months. I'm retiring in January so it seemed like it was a decent idea. I have had FPs twice before but it has been several years ago...

How does the voucher work? Do I link it in MDE and the activate it when I’m ready?
As PP said it does. If I go into the MDE app and pull up my tickets it shows my current AP with an expiration date of Dec and lists the number of days left. Then it shows the other AP I just bought and says 365 days left Valid through 12/31/2030. And I put it in last night so if for some reason it would be acting weird and automatically activated it would now say 364 days.

Haven't read through all 30 pages of this thread so don't know if this has already been mentioned, but just checked MDE. My annual pass is up for renewal, and when you click on Tickets and Passes a message comes up saying "Save 15% off renewal price if I renew before my expiry date". Now the 15% is off the new higher AP price, but it does help to lessen some of the price increase a bit.

Haven't read through all 30 pages of this thread so don't know if this has already been mentioned, but just checked MDE. My annual pass is up for renewal, and when you click on Tickets and Passes a message comes up saying "Save 15% off renewal price if I renew before my expiry date". Now the 15% is off the new higher AP price, but it does help to lessen some of the price increase a bit.

If you are looking to renew soon, you may want to check out prices for a new AP voucher at the old prices (while they last). Sams Club, AAA and Tickets at Work are offering them.

It appears the price to buy a new voucher at the old price is cheaper than renewing under the current pricing. Make sure when pricing to include taxes for both.

The 15% discount for renewals is not new. You have up until 30 days following expiration, to renew and get the 15% discount, as well as 60 days before expiration date.

Does anyone believe that there is another increase in cost for APs already in the works, for before the end of 2019??? If they do another increase within the next 6-8 months, or so, I believe that will be the last straw for many who were thinking about renewing or purchasing a pass.
They might actually hold off for another year with another price increase with APs, maybe? With this big of an increase, they just might.

If you are looking to renew soon, you may want to check out prices for a new AP voucher at the old prices (while they last). Sams Club, AAA and Tickets at Work are offering them.

It appears the price to buy a new voucher at the old price is cheaper than renewing under the current pricing. Make sure when pricing to include taxes for both.
The other benefit is that you don't need to activate the voucher until your next trip. So, if you renew, now, but your next trip is not for several months, you don't gain anything from the 15% renewal discount, as your pass would not be used, upon renewal.

Last edited:
I just saw in a previous post that someone used Tickets at Work. $865.99 for Platinum Pass. I may have to do that next year.

I just saw in a previous post that someone used Tickets at Work. $865.99 for Platinum Pass. I may have to do that next year.

Since these are the old prices no one has any idea how long that price will last. If you purchase now you can activate the voucher when you go.

That is so nice of Disney to raise the price 25% so they can give us the “savings” of 15%

Bought 4 Platinum APs this morning and got my email and voucher right away. So grateful for this thread! Now I'm seriously debating buying 4 more and saving them for 2021-2022. There's no way we won't go back with our kids being young and I'm sure the prices will continue to increase.

Does one voucher number cover all 4 of your passes? I pulled the trigger on 2 passes today and a single page pdf with one "reservation" (voucher?) number was in my email. Did you receive a single page as well with just one number/bar code? It lists the quantity as "2" up top, but I want to make sure I am not missing a second page to the pdf with a second barcode for my second pass.

Bit the bullet and bought AP's through Sam's. Hopefully will get the will call voucher shortly. (Anxious about that.)

I bought mine a couple of hours ago and there was a notice on my confirmation email that said anything ordered after 1am would be processed the next business day. That seems weird, maybe a typo and it should be pm? I'm in no hurry, won't be using it until next year sometime but just odd.

Does one voucher number cover all 4 of your passes? I pulled the trigger on 2 passes today and a single page pdf with one "reservation" (voucher?) number was in my email. Did you receive a single page as well with just one number/bar code? It lists the quantity as "2" up top, but I want to make sure I am not missing a second page to the pdf with a second barcode for my second pass.

I purchased 2 passes - came as one number to link in MDE. I did it on my PC rather than my phone - it then asks you who you want to attach them to. I was able to add one for me and one to my husband, who has his own MDE acct but is my "family" on MDE.

I purchased 2 passes - came as one number to link in MDE. I did it on my PC rather than my phone - it then asks you who you want to attach them to. I was able to add one for me and one to my husband, who has his own MDE acct but is my "family" on MDE.

Thank you! I didn't want to add in MDE until after my current passes expire in August (just to be safe). The one number to link covering both passes is exactly what I was wondering/hoping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter