AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

I’m surprised how much platinum went up, but not surprised that they did go up. My renewal discount will almost cover the increase though and still worth it with all the discounts we get, assuming room discounts will continue and that’s a big assumption. Disney only charges what the market will bear. To do otherwise would be insanity.

I am sorry, but they are really taking this entirely too far. It is legitimately getting to the point where most people are not even going to be able to ever afford to go, much less go multiple times per year.

Our family loves Disney, but this really makes me a little upset. They are essentially trying to recoup the entire cost of SWGE in a couple of years. It's laughable...

It is easy to see what they are doing. Instead of building a 5th gate for crowd control they are just trying to price people out of AP's so they can force people to daily tickets so they can price the peak season days higher to price more people out. it is all about crowd control

YIKES. Even the Gold Pass, which I've been considering for my upcoming trip(s), has gone up by $90. (Still probably a good deal for my purposes but my goodness, if I had made the decision 2 days ago I could've avoided a $90 increase? OUCH.)

Wow! We bought our Platinum Passes in October. We are out of state and paid $849+tax ($904). That same pass would cost now (with tax) is now $1192, an increase of $288 per person in only 9 months. It would have cost my family of 4 and extra $1,150! That would no have been worth it at all. I understand though. People will pay it, so why not increase it?

Wow! We bought our Platinum Passes in October. We are out of state and paid $849+tax ($904). That same pass would cost now (with tax) is now $1192, an increase of $288 per person in only 9 months. It would have cost my family of 4 and extra $1,150! That would no have been worth it at all. I understand though. People will pay it, so why not increase it?
I bought my AP last Sept and (obviously) paid the same price as you....and thought it was highway robbery then, but because I had at least two trips in the next year, it was worth it. So this means that non AP tickets will be increasing significantly, too. :sad2:

We have a July trip in only 18 days and were going to upgrade to APs because we were planning a June 2020 graduation trip. Since booking opened today, I hopped online for rates and saw the increase. So a week ago, I inquired about upgrading before our July trip and I was told I had to wait to upgrade in person (because we're on a package) and now the increase. It's going to be almost $1000 more than planned. I spoke with ticketing this a.m., asking what my price would be. Spoke to 3 different people with 3 different answers. A few years back when upgrading to an AP, the price was bridged so I paid what the AP was at the time I booked my tickets, not what the current AP was. So one person told me today that they would bridge; another told me that I would pay the current AP rate and a third told me it is completely up to the discretion of guest services...whatever they feel like doing that day. Anyone have any insight?

WOW, I wonder if this means the Premier AP (good for both WDW and DLR) will increase. It already went up from $750 in 2012 to $1500-ish in 2017 to $1900+ in 2019.

Oof. I was thinking of buying AP's before the price increase and not activating until my (possible) 2020 trip. One 3-day weekend and one 4-day conference in 2020 and one 8-day trip in 2021 and I would come out ahead by about $100 if I bought AP's...

...Now I get to do the math again. Ugh.

We have a July trip in only 18 days and were going to upgrade to APs because we were planning a June 2020 graduation trip. Since booking opened today, I hopped online for rates and saw the increase. So a week ago, I inquired about upgrading before our July trip and I was told I had to wait to upgrade in person (because we're on a package) and now the increase. It's going to be almost $1000 more than planned. I spoke with ticketing this a.m., asking what my price would be. Spoke to 3 different people with 3 different answers. A few years back when upgrading to an AP, the price was bridged so I paid what the AP was at the time I booked my tickets, not what the current AP was. So one person told me today that they would bridge; another told me that I would pay the current AP rate and a third told me it is completely up to the discretion of guest services...whatever they feel like doing that day. Anyone have any insight?

@Robo may know, but I don't think the prices will bridge since Disney now has those date-based tickets and know when you bought them originally. Plus, I didn't think they price-bridged tickets purchased at Disney directly.

Oof. I was thinking of buying AP's before the price increase and not activating until my (possible) 2020 trip. One 3-day weekend and one 4-day conference in 2020 and one 8-day trip in 2021 and I would come out ahead by about $100 if I bought AP's...

...Now I get to do the math again. Ugh.

Well, the unknown is how much the regular ticket prices will go up between now & 2021.....coz you know they will.....you’ll probably still save money buying now.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter