• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Partial/Full Refund Question and Answers...?

Thanks to all for the responses. It seemed odd that it would post as one transaction so I will definitely try to do a rough calculation. Unfortunately I dont Have original paperwork anymore. Good to know though that refunds are not always same day even if purchased at same time.

I don't know if it helps at all, but I got my needed numbers by (as I have zero idea where I put my contract from over a year ago now):
  • Looking up what my pass cost when I bought it.
  • Looking up what my ticket value was when I upgraded it (I knew I got full value including the MP on it).
  • Looking up my credit card statements for what my monthly payment was and how many were paid (this also allowed me to confirm which card had the last successful payment so that was the one likely to be and was refunded to).
  • I also double checked in my following statements after payments stopped that I did not receive a refund for the payment they refunded for some people.

Good luck! It's definitely not a position any of us wanted to be in.

I don't know if it helps at all, but I got my needed numbers by (as I have zero idea where I put my contract from over a year ago now):
  • Looking up what my pass cost when I bought it.
  • Looking up what my ticket value was when I upgraded it (I knew I got full value including the MP on it).
  • Looking up my credit card statements for what my monthly payment was and how many were paid (this also allowed me to confirm which card had the last successful payment so that was the one likely to be and was refunded to).
  • I also double checked in my following statements after payments stopped that I did not receive a refund for the payment they refunded for some people.

Good luck! It's definitely not a position any of us wanted to be in.
Thanks, Kender! Very helpful. I do know the credit card and can easily access the number of payments, but I'll get on the rest!

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....)
Premier Pass
When did your AP expire?
March 29 2020
When did Disney process your refund?
Guessing around 2/17 based on remittance received
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed?
No, I did not. But my Mom did.
Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card?
I received a check in the mail yesterday. My Mom got a credit on her credit card. I paid with mostly gift cards, but thought I put some on my credit card. My Mom also used gift cards and put more on her credit card than I did. So not sure on the difference in how it was returned?

I had called in January to get the DVC Gold AP and was told I would get a call back. After almost 4 weeks, I called DVC member services and got it taken care of right then on the phone. So guess, I am good there. Mine shows as a renewal and expiration of 12/31/2099, but was told I will need to activate when I go (and I assume will go from 4/1/21 to 4/1/22, but I guess I will see. Am going to WDW in 9 days for 1 more trip on this pass and will then activate in September when I am back.

Premier Pass
When did your AP expire?
March 29 2020
I received a check in the mail yesterday. My Mom got a credit on her credit card. I paid with mostly gift cards, but thought I put some on my credit card. My Mom also used gift cards and put more on her credit card than I did. So not sure on the difference in how it was returned?

I had called in January to get the DVC Gold AP and was told I would get a call back. After almost 4 weeks, I called DVC member services and got it taken care of right then on the phone. So guess, I am good there. Mine shows as a renewal and expiration of 12/31/2099, but was told I will need to activate when I go (and I assume will go from 4/1/21 to 4/1/22, but I guess I will see. Am going to WDW in 9 days for 1 more trip on this pass and will then activate in September when I am back.
The CM I spoke to when I did my renewal said the dates would be based on redemption.

My refund came Feb 5. I've been watching for it on my credit card, which is linked to my account, but today I decided to check on dh's card because he purchases it for me as a gift. Sure enough, there it was--$692.57. He pays for it and says "It's cheaper than therapy." I've been thinking I'd get the refund, and now I feel kind of cheated because I didn't get my therapy or the money, LOL.

Premier Pass
When did your AP expire?
March 29 2020

I'm going in 2 days and in same exact boat as you and was planning on asking GS when I'm there since I assume the wait time would be minimal like a few minutes instead of 3 hour phone call. 😅 It does seem like there is a few confirmation from several people that new expiration date will be the day you activate the pass. My understanding is activating the pass in person is for them to verify your blue card. For me it won't be a super huge difference since I'm going again in June but for you it's like getting an additional 6 months extension! That would be amazing! While I'm sad to lose the Disneyland AP, I feel Disney has handled the Premier pass issue pretty generously.

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Signature with MaxPass
When did your AP expire? 8/22/20
When did Disney process your refund? 2/09/21
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? Yes, 1 week after they deposited the money onto my debit card. LOL.

No. It was a deposit.

Ended up getting $49 more for my pass than the website said I would get.

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Signature Plus (3 passes)
When did your AP expire? 6/5/19
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? No
Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card? Yes

Using the formula that @Kender provided I was able to figure out that the refund was for all three passes and was a little higher than I calculated probably due to the taxes on the park tickets that we applied. We'd bought three day hoppers from a discount ticket broker and disney bridged the cost against the new passes. Thanks so much for the detailed formula. It's nice to be able to check off one more refund that I'm tracking.

BTW, when I was researching the cost of passes, I came across this on the Disney site. I was able to put a signature pass in my basket and get all the way to the credit card, but I didn't want to test it! https://disneyland.disney.go.com/index.php/passes/signature-plus/purchase/ Clearly IT needs to get rid of some of the old annual passport pages!

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Signature Plus (3 passes)
When did your AP expire? 6/5/19
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? No
Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card? Yes

Using the formula that @Kender provided I was able to figure out that the refund was for all three passes and was a little higher than I calculated probably due to the taxes on the park tickets that we applied. We'd bought three day hoppers from a discount ticket broker and disney bridged the cost against the new passes. Thanks so much for the detailed formula. It's nice to be able to check off one more refund that I'm tracking.

BTW, when I was researching the cost of passes, I came across this on the Disney site. I was able to put a signature pass in my basket and get all the way to the credit card, but I didn't want to test it! https://disneyland.disney.go.com/index.php/passes/signature-plus/purchase/ Clearly IT needs to get rid of some of the old annual passport pages!

Fascinating! You're the first I've heard that had it combined. I'm glad you double checked and reported back! It adds a new element for others to watch for.

Taxes? California doesn't charge sales tax on theme park tickets. Did the place you buy from charge sales tax? I know I've heard some third party sites do this and it always confuses me since it's not a requirement to be collected.

And LOL! Oh Disney IT.

Fascinating! You're the first I've heard that had it combined. I'm glad you double checked and reported back! It adds a new element for others to watch for.

Taxes? California doesn't charge sales tax on theme park tickets. Did the place you buy from charge sales tax? I know I've heard some third party sites do this and it always confuses me since it's not a requirement to be collected.

And LOL! Oh Disney IT.
You know I'm not actually sure about the taxes. I was just assuming that to fill the difference in my calculations, but it could have just been the bridge ticketed amount. When I looked back through the credit card info, our payments were also combined (i.e. one monthly payment for all three passes), so that made more sense for the one payment.

You know I'm not actually sure about the taxes. I was just assuming that to fill the difference in my calculations, but it could have just been the bridge ticketed amount. When I looked back through the credit card info, our payments were also combined (i.e. one monthly payment for all three passes), so that made more sense for the one payment.

Sorry to keep pestering about this! I'm genuinely curious about it all and the little deviations that happen.

I did my calculation assuming the full ticket value because I knew that's what I had received when upgrading to my Sig+. I didn't even look at it with what I actually paid for my ticket, lol! The extra I wasn't expecting was even over that amount of the bridged cost on the ticket. If I counted what I actually paid, I made out like a bandit for my one trip I got in :rotfl:

And oh, interesting! Maybe that's it? I wonder if those who got separate refunds also had separate monthly payments? That does make logical sense in your case if that's why the refund was combined.

I posted this in another thread but figured I would post it here as well.

Here are the details on my Premier Pass cost / refund:
The "Value" of my pass should have been based on upgrade date: $2,167.22 ($2,099 plus tax on the WDW half)
Amount I paid towards pass: $1,868.22 (I still had 2 payments left of ~$110/each, as I had upgraded to Premier from a Disneyland Signature Plus pass)
Refunds Issued: $45.09 in November for waterparks plus $732.73 issued last week
Effective Price: $1,090.40

When I did the math back in January based on the information Disney had provided I was expecting a refund in the $430 range. My pass was originally set to expire on 7/22/2020. I also on the pass logged 34 days at WDW (29 over 5 trips pre Covid/ 5 days on 1 trip after reopening) and somewhere around 30ish days at DLR.

The "Value" of my pass should have been based on upgrade date: $2,167.22 ($2,099 plus tax on the WDW half)
Amount I paid towards pass: $1,868.22 (I still had 2 payments left of ~$110/each, as I had upgraded to Premier from a Disneyland Signature Plus pass)

When I did the math back in January based on the information Disney had provided I was expecting a refund in the $430 range. My pass was originally set to expire on 7/22/2020. I also on the pass logged 34 days at WDW (29 over 5 trips pre Covid/ 5 days on 1 trip after reopening) and somewhere around 30ish days at DLR.
Wow, that's a lot of days! But that's awesome. Sounds like you did well. After all this, it's nice to have a bit of a reward :)

I think Disney really made it as easy for calculations. $2167.22/365 and then times it by how many days you had left from 3/14 to your expiration date. What was stressing me out was being told by CMs that I wasn’t going to get refunded for WDW side since it was open. Using this calculation got me to the refund $ just off by $12 which I figure comes from taxes maybe.

I think Disney really made it as easy for calculations. $2167.22/365 and then times it by how many days you had left from 3/14 to your expiration date. What was stressing me out was being told by CMs that I wasn’t going to get refunded for WDW side since it was open. Using this calculation got me to the refund $ just off by $12 which I figure comes from taxes maybe.
I did that math but I think they must have assumed my pass was paid in full or something. Since my refund was for $300 more than what I calculated.

I did that math but I think they must have assumed my pass was paid in full or something. Since my refund was for $300 more than what I calculated.
Ya I think so too. Score for you! 🤗 I’m also sure they know we’re pouring the funds right back into Disney LOL. Also for those who’s premier pass ended in March 2020 they got like 8 months of WDW for free. Those people are pretty lucky too especially if they live near Orlando and was able to take advantage.

Ya I think so too. Score for you! 🤗 I’m also sure they know we’re pouring the funds right back into Disney LOL. Also for those who’s premier pass ended in March 2020 they got like 8 months of WDW for free. Those people are pretty lucky too especially if they live near Orlando and was able to take advantage.
Yup. Wish I could have made more wdw trips work on it for the 8 months but I’m traveling next like 3 weeks after it expires.

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Flex
When did your AP expire? 7/19/2020
When did Disney process your refund? 2/22/21
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? Nope. Nothing!

Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card? No
A check mailed to your home? Yes

I've been watching my CC for weeks, so I was surprised to get checks today. The CC we originally used expired in August, though. So it had the same number but a new expiration date, so perhaps that triggered a check refund? I never got any email or anything, though.

And I only got 3/4 checks. We got mine, my husband's, and my son's. We did not get my daughter's (who has a different last name than us, but I'm not sure why that would matter. It's the only difference versus the rest of us, though.) Hopefully hers comes Monday.

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Flex
When did your AP expire? 7/19/2020
When did Disney process your refund? 2/22/21
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? Nope. Nothing!

Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card? No
A check mailed to your home? Yes

I've been watching my CC for weeks, so I was surprised to get checks today. The CC we originally used expired in August, though. So it had the same number but a new expiration date, so perhaps that triggered a check refund? I never got any email or anything, though.

And I only got 3/4 checks. We got mine, my husband's, and my son's. We did not get my daughter's (who has a different last name than us, but I'm not sure why that would matter. It's the only difference versus the rest of us, though.) Hopefully hers comes Monday.

Same here - Flex pass refunded as checks. Only received mine and daughters, husband hasn’t arrived. Hoping it isn’t lost. Was your refund what you thought It would be? I don’t understand how to calculate if mine is right. Ours expired in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter