AP Partial/Full Refund Question and Answers...?

We have kind of the same problem. My daughter's and I bought park hoppers in Nov of 19. When we were there we upgraded to deluxe AP's each of us were paying for our own. Myself and my daughters were doing the monthly payments and each of us did it on our own cc's. I received my refund about a month ago to my cc. My youngest had it on her card but has received nothing. My oldest since cancelled that card so will most likely get a check but neither of them have gotten anything. I get that they do them in batches just odd to me that we all 3 upgraded on the same day but neither of them have heard anything.

Where does every one stand on refunds? We still have 1 of our 4 APs that hasn't been refunded, even though bought at the same time etc. I don't know if I should call again, since the wait times were so long and they couldn't help me when I called before...

Where does every one stand on refunds? We still have 1 of our 4 APs that hasn't been refunded, even though bought at the same time etc. I don't know if I should call again, since the wait times were so long and they couldn't help me when I called before...
I am still waiting on my “flex” that expired in December.

Hoping for some advice, I'm feeling frustrated and desperate.

We purchased 4 AP's in Jan of 2020. We never got an opportunity to activate them. We waited it out until they were just canceled.

Here's the thing. It is SOOOOO much money. $3600. I really need/want that money back. I have tried to be patient but I think what Disney is doing is wrong. We have received zero communication about our refund. We have called a bunch of times and they literally tell us nothing. A supervisor doesn't help. I've emailed every email address I can find for information about this and can't get anyone to help me. I have literally begged them for any information and they just won't tell me anything.

This should be a very simple refund and I don't even care how they refund me. Check, back to the cards used. Don't care! No calculations or anything, just submit the refund. I don't get it.

I know it is hard to be patient, but they WILL get to it! We got a check a couple weeks ago for a purchased but not activated pass. Weirdly, it was a check, but it was for the exact amount of the pass ($1324).

Just sit tight. They have said it will take up to June to refund everyone. It's a tedious process and they are working as fast as they can. When I called about this one refund (I had received my other 3 refunds to my CC on the activated passes that still had 5 months left on them), they could not give me any information on the unactivated pass other than to assure me it would be refunded.

I am still waiting on my “flex” that expired in December.

My son's flex that expired at the end of November got refunded 3 1/2 weeks ago. Of course, they aren't doing them in any sort of order, but at least you know they are still doing them.

Last edited:
I know it is hard to be patient, but they WILL get to it! We got a check a couple weeks ago for a purchased but not activated pass. Weirdly, it was a check, but it was for the exact amount of the pass ($1324).

Just sit tight. They have said it will take up to June to refund everyone. It's a tedious process and they are working as fast as they can. When I called about this one refund (I had received my other 3 refunds to my CC on the activated passes that still had 5 months left on them), they could not give me any information on the unactivated pass other than to assure me it would be refunded.

Did they send you an email letting you know the check was coming ? I`m in the same boat as you were in. I have an unactivated pass that I paid off in full in January 2020.. .

Did they send you an email letting you know the check was coming ? I`m in the same boat as you were in. I have an unactivated pass that I paid off in full in January 2020.. .

No. It just came in the mail. I also never got an email before my other passes were refunded to my credit card. I have gotten all the other email communications, though.

We had 3 deluxe passport vouchers purchased in 12/19. They were never used at the gate. I paid by AMEX and still have the card. We were sent individual checks that were cut on 3/5. They arrived about a week later. I never requested a refund but did call to check status.

OK, we just had the strangest thing happen. Disney refunded our annual passes through our credit card and then today I received a check for the same amount. What a mess. You know I can't keep both since they will try to get one back, if not screw up again and want both back.
Have you talked to Disney about your extra refund? The same thing happened to me. I called for a refund of my inactivated flex pass and got a refund on my credit card in November. Today, I received a check. Both are for the same amount.
Have either of you heard from Disney about this? It happened to me too, except I got checks both times. The first refund check came in January and the 2nd one came today, both for the same amounts. So strange. I‘m not sure if I should keep the 2nd check but I also don’t want to spend a bunch of time and effort figuring out how to get it back to them.

At this point, I am frustrated by Disney’s lack of transparency for the refunds that have not been received. All they can say (and ONLY to the passholder, not the spouse) is if the refund is “in process” or not. If it is not, they have no information on when it might be. For us, we upgraded 4 day PHs with MP to Flex passes in October of 2019. So Disney has had our money for 18 months with no usage of the passes for 12 months, and they can’t give any idea when the remaining pass will be refunded. I think this is lazy and cheap on the part of Disney, and I am not going to defend them anymore because “we are understaffed due to COVID.” I definitely believe that Disney is intentionally understaffing things to save money at this point, and they are slow playing some refunds to keep cash on hand for Disney. At this point, every one is hurting in this pandemic, many pass holders lost their job, had reduced income during the last year, or saw the revenue from the business that they own go down significantly (I am in this boat). These folks need their money refunded, Disney. And not whenever you get around to it; Disney has had this money for at least 12 months now, and has earned interest on this money etc. It is time, in my opinion, for them to finish all the refunds right away. If I buy something from Disney, they manage to have the CMs and IT infrastructure to charge my credit card within hours. So they can’t use lack of CMs or IT infrastructure as their excuse for the long delay in processing some of these refunds. This is my frustrated opinion, and I hope I haven’t offended anyone!

Still waiting on my refund over here. I'm way beyond pissed. Still no one can tell when I will get a refund. Absolutely zero communication or information at all.

Almost 3 months I've been waiting. Why on earth is this acceptable???????????

Still waiting on my refund over here. I'm way beyond pissed. Still no one can tell when I will get a refund. Absolutely zero communication or information at all.

Almost 3 months I've been waiting. Why on earth is this acceptable???????????
EXACTLY!!! And I think you are due much more money than I am, so I really feel for your situation.

I started a “chat” with Disney on the app on Sunday night. It just said someone would get to me eventually. On Monday morning, I got a notification that the chat was live. I asked my question about my husband’s refund. They could see that the MDE account was in my name, and they would not help me with his pass!! They said he would have to call or sign in from his MDE account and start another chat. I was NOT happy. I had to get his phone, find his log in etc, and then log in as him. Then started yet another chat which took about an hour to be responded to. I told them it was my pass that hadn’t been refunded since I was chatting from my DH’s account. They sent a simple form over the chat for me to fill out with my DH’s pass # etc. I asked what happens next and they said I would hear something eventually. After much more pushing on my part, they finally told me that the refund showed processed back to our credit card on 2/24/21. I knew it hadn’t posted but I pulled up my credit card right away and looked at every transaction again, and no refund. The CM said it may take two credit card cycles to appear on my account. Nope, it has been two cycles and nothing. CM said they would file an “escalation” with billing to see what happened. I think that our credit card was compromised at some point since we upgraded our tickets to APs in 10/19. They tried to refund DH’s back to the card and we never got it. DD and my APs were bought at the same time, same transaction and same card. Ours were refunded by check almost 2 months ago. No idea why they refunded DH’s to credit card. In any case, if Disney resolves it, they will email me. If not, I just have to keep calling or chatting back. NOT the best resolution.

Just to update, it has been almost 2 weeks since my chat and ”escalation” of the non-refunded pass. I have heard nothing, and have not received a refund to my card or a check as of yet. I am trying to decide how long to wait to ask again. On the original chat, asked how long I should expect their resolution process to take, and they said “we don’t know”. Not helpful. I am afraid trying to chat now would only put me in the huge line behind others who are having ticket problems and are going to the parks in the next few weeks. So I guess I will just continue to wait impatiently....

Just to update, it has been almost 2 weeks since my chat and ”escalation” of the non-refunded pass. I have heard nothing, and have not received a refund to my card or a check as of yet. I am trying to decide how long to wait to ask again. On the original chat, asked how long I should expect their resolution process to take, and they said “we don’t know”. Not helpful. I am afraid trying to chat now would only put me in the huge line behind others who are having ticket problems and are going to the parks in the next few weeks. So I guess I will just continue to wait impatiently....

My sister just received a refund yesterday. She wasn't even expecting anything. They are still processing them! Sit tight.

We had 4 passes. Monthly. 3 Deluxe and 1 Flex
There’s no clear communication what pass is connected to which refund. 2 separate refunds through a credit card on 2/2021. receive a check end of March.

2 Deluxe passes that expired 5/2020
– wasn’t expecting much from this one.
1 Deluxe pass that expired 11/2020
1 Flex pass that expired 12/2020, had only 4 visits before closure.

Still waiting over here. Over a month since I "escalated" my issue. Unbelievable.
I am so frustrated for you! I know you are owed much, much more money than I am, and I just can't believe that they are not handling this. They are more than capable of doing this, but they are choosing to spend resources and man power on making more money selling new tickets, instead of refunding folks who were willing to let Disney hold onto our money for the last 18 months. And the escalation process seems to be a joke, if you haven't heard in a month and I haven't either. I'm really sorry. I will keep updating here if I ever get a refund or resolution. I appreciate others who are doing the same so we can stay current.

Update - After being on hold for 6:08 minutes I spoke with a very nice cast member named Ruby and she sent in the escalation forms to dispute the amount. She had no idea how long it might be before i would hear anything.

2:48 minutes and counting on todays call... still waiting for a castmember!

My Signature pass with maxpass was purchased at the park 2/28/2020.
Paid in full with a $1000.00 gift card, the balance of $324.00 on a debit card.
Went in the parks a total of three days before shutdown in March.
I finally received a "Your refund has been processed" email last week on Thursday 5/13/2021.
Today a check came in the amount of $400.00??? So far NO credit has posted to our bank account. How did they come up with $400.00 for the refund?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter