• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Partial/Full Refund Question and Answers...?

Mine says DVC Gold Pass renewal certificate with 2099 expiration. Did you pay $650 for it or the full price of a new pass? Were you on the monthly plan because you bought signature plus and added on WDW? I wasn’t aware that was a possibility so paid in full for the premier. Guess that point is moot now though.
That’s what mine says. It won’t show an updated expiration until you activate it which will tell it when to expire. I paid the renewal price of $650 and change. And yes I had a signature plus on monthly payments the that was upgraded, this was the 3rd time I had gone that route. It only worked on passes that started out at Disneyland, if it was a WDW monthly payment pass the full amount was due at upgrade.

That’s what mine says. It won’t show an updated expiration until you activate it which will tell it when to expire. I paid the renewal price of $650 and change. And yes I had a signature plus on monthly payments the that was upgraded, this was the 3rd time I had gone that route. It only worked on passes that started out at Disneyland, if it was a WDW monthly payment pass the full amount was due at upgrade.

Thanks for sharing your experience. When I had purchased my renewal pass, the CM said she couldn’t tell me if my renewal start date will be 4/1 (since renewal pass) or an extended date since my wdw technically was supposed to expire in July. It would be all how they are handling the refunds and so she put notes in my account about it. Guess I’ll inquire about it at GS next week when I’m on property.

Thanks for sharing your experience. When I had purchased my renewal pass, the CM said she couldn’t tell me if my renewal start date will be 4/1 (since renewal pass) or an extended date since my wdw technically was supposed to expire in July. It would be all how they are handling the refunds and so she put notes in my account about it. Guess I’ll inquire about it at GS next week when I’m on property.
I think the premier pass refunds are likely being handled out of CA, but my understanding is the refund is based on the days between 3/14 and your original expiration not the 3/31 or the extensions added on. Basically the wdw between 7/11-3/31 was “free”.

Just checked my CC balance statement and found that we were refunded on Feb 8 for 3 of our AP's and then the 4th on Feb 11. Was from "DLR ANNUAL PASS" on the statement for us.

I got my refund email in December but I don't remember the card I used. I'm pretty sure it's closed. I called in January and they filled out some sort of manual request for a check, I believe, since I hadn't seen anything yet. It's been another month. What else can I do? They weren't able to tell me what day it was processed, if it ever was, the last digits of the card numbers, nothing. It's a significant amount of money. I requested my refund in June.

Still no refund for me and I am incredibly frustrated!

Disney owes me almost $4k. I want my money! I have had no communication from them and when I call for a status that have zero information at all.

What was the level of your AP? Deluxe
When did your AP expire? Purchased 1/2020, never even activated them
When did Disney process your refund? they haven't
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? no

Holy crap! Got my refund today and Disney was more than generous.

What was the level of your AP? Premier pass
When did your AP expire? 1/29/21
When did Disney process your refund? received today via check
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? yes, email last Thursday

Disney basically gave premier ppl refunds for days past 3/14/20. I was told so many different things about how they will process WDW side but I'm happy because I lived by DLR and haven't gone to WDW since they re-opened. I basically paid $200 for 15 days at WDW (going again before the 3/31 expiration) and like 4 days at DLR. Got a check since I paid with GCs. 😄

Holy crap! Got my refund today and Disney was more than generous.

What was the level of your AP? Premier pass
When did your AP expire? 1/29/21
When did Disney process your refund? received today via check
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? yes, email last Thursday

Disney basically gave premier ppl refunds for days past 3/14/20. I was told so many different things about how they will process WDW side but I'm happy because I lived by DLR and haven't gone to WDW since they re-opened. I basically paid $200 for 15 days at WDW (going again before the 3/31 expiration) and like 4 days at DLR. Got a check since I paid with GCs. 😄
Did your email say you would get a check or that it was going back to the credit card etc? Still waiting for mine to post on my CC. I used a different CC to pay for the premier upgrade than the one my monthly payments was on. Additionally, the one I used for my monthly payments was re-issued by CC company right after they closed with a new number, which I did update with AP services but the card was never charged since they stopped charging payments at the end of March.

Did your email say you would get a check or that it was going back to the credit card etc? Still waiting for mine to post on my CC. I used a different CC to pay for the premier upgrade than the one my monthly payments was on. Additionally, the one I used for my monthly payments was re-issued by CC company right after they closed with a new number, which I did update with AP services but the card was never charged since they stopped charging payments at the end of March.

Email said going back cc that was used to purchase AP, but I knew I would be getting a check since I paid it all with GCs. I believe you got the email the same day as me so it should happen soon! Also my email said cc to buy AP or the latest one used for AP payments. If your account was closed then they should realize the money didn't go through right?

Email said going back cc that was used to purchase AP, but I knew I would be getting a check since I paid it all with GCs. I believe you got the email the same day as me so it should happen soon! Also my email said cc to buy AP or the latest one used for AP payments. If your account was closed then they should realize the money didn't go through right?
Yes, I was just curious what wording others got. I keep checking both CC accounts, but I will also be on the lookout for a check.

We had three signature plus passes that were supposed to expire in June (mostly payment plan). I see one credit for $400+ on my husband's credit card from 2/9. Is it possible that could be for all three? I expected three separate transactions. But weird that they would be done at different times as all three were purchased at the same time with the same credit card (same last name). Anyone else had multiple passes done weeks apart or combined into one charge?

We had three signature plus passes that were supposed to expire in June (mostly payment plan). I see one credit for $400+ on my husband's credit card from 2/9. Is it possible that could be for all three? I expected three separate transactions. But weird that they would be done at different times as all three were purchased at the same time with the same credit card (same last name). Anyone else had multiple passes done weeks apart or combined into one charge?
Because it was one credit card I’m not surprised to see that they combined the refund into one transaction.

In-laws had two flex passes that were upgraded on the same credit card at the ticket booth at the same time in November. Mother-in-law requested refund option back in April. The refunds posted separately. The first one was refunded in December 2020 and the second one in February 2021.

DH and I had signature plus passes that expired last March. They were purchased together online from Disney in one transaction. The refunds posted back to that credit card as two separate credits on the same day earlier this month.

All of these were paid in full passes though. I have no idea if payment plan passes are being processed differently.

An update:

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Premier
When did your AP expire? 7/22/20 (I think, it was within a few days of that)
When did Disney process your refund? 2/17/21
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? Yes, I received an email on 2/18/21

Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card? No, they sent a check.

My check was also for about $300 more than I though I was getting back.

I would double check the math on it so you know what you should be getting minimum per pass. It sounds like one based on my observations that the charges seem to be refunding separately for each pass. But I won't rule out the possibility Disney did something different.

It's not perfect because Disney is doing something odd with the math, but this shows the minimum you should get back (I got back more than I expected):

Cost of pass / 365 = cost per day

Active days until March 14, 2020 * cost per day = used value

Down payment + all monthly payments made = cost paid

Cost paid - used value = refund

Using this formula, I expected $415 back for just my Sig+ AP. I got more than that back. I had a large down payment, though.

Because it was one credit card I’m not surprised to see that they combined the refund into one transaction.
In-laws had two flex passes that were upgraded on the same credit card at the ticket booth at the same time in November. Mother-in-law requested refund option back in April. The refunds posted separately. The first one was refunded in December 2020 and the second one in February 2021.

DH and I had signature plus passes that expired last March. They were purchased together online from Disney in one transaction. The refunds posted back to that credit card as two separate credits on the same day earlier this month.

All of these were paid in full passes though. I have no idea if payment plan passes are being processed differently.
I would double check the math on it so you know what you should be getting minimum per pass. It sounds like one based on my observations that the charges seem to be refunding separately for each pass. But I won't rule out the possibility Disney did something different.

It's not perfect because Disney is doing something odd with the math, but this shows the minimum you should get back (I got back more than I expected):

Cost of pass / 365 = cost per day

Active days until March 14, 2020 * cost per day = used value

Down payment + all monthly payments made = cost paid

Cost paid - used value = refund

Using this formula, I expected $415 back for just my Sig+ AP. I got more than that back. I had a large down payment, though.
Thanks to all for the responses. It seemed odd that it would post as one transaction so I will definitely try to do a rough calculation. Unfortunately I dont Have original paperwork anymore. Good to know though that refunds are not always same day even if purchased at same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter