AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

It's been a long time since I've posted since I haven't traveled to Disney since January 2020. My pass expired in August 2020 and I received a refund for the lost days. I have not been to Disney since. I called on June 15th to start the recovery process, so 12 days ago. They called me today. I'm back in the passholder family. I have a trip scheduled this week to see the return of Happily Ever After and they applied my 4 day hoppers to the platinum pass. Made my day for sure.

My sister wants to get a recovery AP, we are going to be at BWI next Weekend for a non-park trip. has anyone had luck getting a recovery AP from guest services? i was thinking we could get it done at Disney springs. Or do you have to call?

edit- got my answer after going back a page, looks like guest services works, we will give it a try!

Last edited:
dang. that is frustrating... not sure how i can get back a hold of them but i will try calling the number they called from...
Just an update to my situation. Took some time on hold yesterday... especially since one of my callbacks didnt ring, just went straight to voicemail LOL, but I was able to use the 3rd party tickets to upgrade. I believe that the person I spoke with before probably could not... but that ticket services can. I have encountered similar issues before when just adding a day to a third party ticket over the phone. So ticket services can sell the recovery pass, as long as they have permission as I imagine it is just noted in the account. Super excited and glad that I dont have to feel sad at the end of our July trip, the option for a random weekend some time really gives me something to lean on lol.

Hi. Just wanted to come back with an update.

Before I read about annual pass recovery possibilities, I bought 10 day park hoppers for our upcoming trip.

I read about this possibility here so big thanks to all who have posted.

I initially called on June 16 to get put on the list for annual pass recovery. I received a call back today June 28 and we are annual pass holders again. The woman was super helpful and had all the information handy. She applied the cost of our previously purchased 10 day hoppers towards the annual pass cost, we paid the balance, and we are all set now.

Noreen

I know to renew my gold DVC APs I need to go through member services. Will they let me pay with Disney gift cards?

edited to add. Just did a chat with member services and they confirmed I can use up to 2 forms of payment for each renewal and that includes Disney gift cards.

Last edited:
Okay, talked to guest services at the international gateway today about recovery pass for my sister.
they said since she canceled her pass and got a refund, she is not eligible for recovery.
Im not sure what the eligibility requirements were, and I’m wondering if we should just call or check at another GS and see if we get a different answer. Has anyone that cancelled their pass gotten a recovery pass?

Okay, talked to guest services at the international gateway today about recovery pass for my sister.
they said since she canceled her pass and got a refund, she is not eligible for recovery.
Im not sure what the eligibility requirements were, and I’m wondering if we should just call or check at another GS and see if we get a different answer. Has anyone that cancelled their pass gotten a recovery pass?
Yes.....my AP (out of state) was only live for about 2 weeks before the shutdown. I asked for a refund over the summer of 2020 and got it. I then asked for a recovery AP this past May. I got it within a few weeks of asking.

Yes.....my AP (out of state) was only live for about 2 weeks before the shutdown. I asked for a refund over the summer of 2020 and got it. I then asked for a recovery AP this past May. I got it within a few weeks of asking.
Okay thanks, we will try a different GS haha

When I tried, the people I talked to said I could get my pass back if it expired, not if I cancelled it. I do think it’s always worth asking again just to see though.

We canceled our AP when the parks reopened. We were able to purchase new recovery AP.

Eligibility

“Disney World is, once again, selling new Annual Passes, but only to those who had previously cancelled their passes or had their passes expire after March 16, 2020.”

Disney gave the option to cancel (or extend), then offered to recover. We received our recovery passes before our refund.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/disn...ders-with-expired-or-cancelled-annual-passes/

Last edited:
It seems like ages since we've done this but... we're among the ones who were able to recover our AP's and now have vouchers in MDE.

Could you all remind me about activation - Does the clock start ticking when we go to Guest Relations to get our AP cards, or does it start when we tap into the park? I'm trying to decide if we should go to Disney Springs Guest Relations the night before we head to the parks or if we should just wait until the next morning and do it at DHS. Thanks all!

It seems like ages since we've done this but... we're among the ones who were able to recover our AP's and now have vouchers in MDE.

Could you all remind me about activation - Does the clock start ticking when we go to Guest Relations to get our AP cards, or does it start when we tap into the park? I'm trying to decide if we should go to Disney Springs Guest Relations the night before we head to the parks or if we should just wait until the next morning and do it at DHS. Thanks all!

It starts when you activate the vouchers. But unless you need that extra day next year, it’s probably better to do it at Springs or any GS the night before. Then you won’t have to waste time when you’re doing a park.

Update! Just left GS at Disney springs, they were able to issue a recovery pass for my sister, she even upgraded to gold and got my nephews pass recovered.
So, if at first you don’t succeed, go to Disney springs haha

edit-
Big thanks to this thread, you guys really helped me get this resolved!

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for a callback almost a month later, has anyone waited this long? Trying to figure out if I should try calling again?

I'm still waiting for a callback almost a month later, has anyone waited this long? Trying to figure out if I should try calling again?

Yes. I finally called back on day 29, as our trip was 2 days away and I was nervous that the request never went through since many here were getting calls in the 2 week timeframe. They actually said I had been on the list to call that day and had someone call me back almost immediately.

Thank you, I'll wait until tomorrow, that would be 30 days since I called first. My trip isn't until the end of the year, so I can wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter