AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I was able to purchase new AP vouchers to replace the APs that I had canceled during the shutdown. Do I go to the Ticket Center at DS to exchange the vouchers for the APs or to any Guest Relations offices at the parks or DS? Thanks!
You can go to the DS Ticket Center, any GR outside any park, or any ticket booth outside any park. Have fun!

On the MDE app “Buy Tickets and Passes” section, there is a price listed for an Annual Pass (starting at $849.00). Can’t click through but I don’t remember seeing this recently. Is it new? A sign?

I am currently waiting on my call back to purchase a gold pass where I cancelled my AP last year. I'm worried about the park reservations filling up for my November trip. If I purchase a regular ticket now to make park reservations, will they still let me upgrade it to the gold pass when they call me back? I know upgrading tickets used to be easy but didn't know if it was now.

Heading to WDW later this week with DD and have a resort package with parkhopper tickets and a park reservation for each day. My DD and I were platinum passholders but let them expire after their (extended to) December 2020 expiration date. I called almost a month ago to inquire about repurchasing our APs and was told it would be about 30 days to receive a call back. I think I will try visiting the ticket center at DS as mentioned here, because I would like to try to apply the parkhoppers purchased with the package toward the APs. My questions are - can you apply the value toward the APs and if so will my current park reservations stay in place? I definitely don’t want to mess them up! Thank you for your guidance/input. :sunny:

407...they’ll leave a message with a call back number and make 3 attempts to reach you (at least that’s what the cm told me). I was on a work call and received a vm. Called back got right through and renewed. Took a prorated refund and let ours expire in September...called to renew and reactivated at HS a few weeks ago. They did issue us two new cards.

Just wanted to report back that our friend who has been waiting on the call back for the “recovery AP” received call last night. I think it was only about 2 weeks since putting his name on list! Came from a 407 number and he was able to purchase the passes within about 5 minutes on the phone 🙌

I am currently waiting on my call back to purchase a gold pass where I cancelled my AP last year. I'm worried about the park reservations filling up for my November trip. If I purchase a regular ticket now to make park reservations, will they still let me upgrade it to the gold pass when they call me back? I know upgrading tickets used to be easy but didn't know if it was now.

I just did this exact thing and the CM asked if I wanted to keep the tickets or apply them to the new gold AP’s. It was super easy and all of my park reservations that I had made with the tickets stayed put. The CM did tell me that should be the case as long as we had a room booked. We have two nights at Pop and then our DVC nights follow.
Pixie dust for your call to come soon!!

Just called passholder line to have our names put on the call back list. Was told call backs are taking 14-29 days.

How long does the line tend to run at the DS ticket center in the late afternoon? I doubt I'm going to get a call back from AP recovery before my trip, and I'm trying to figure out if I'll have time to do this before my dinner reservation on arrival day.

We received our call back. It took about two weeks. We were able to apply our 6 days hoppers to the Gold AP price and pay the difference. The call was from a 407 number.

We received our call back. It took about two weeks. We were able to apply our 6 days hoppers to the Gold AP price and pay the difference. The call was from a 407 number.
If I get a call back at two weeks, the timing would be perfect! I hope I get lucky like you!! I really wish the CM that we originally talked to when we purchased the park tickets had put our name on the recovery call back list because this would be done already, but she even said that the tickets we purchased couldn’t be applied to our APs🙄! I hate it when CMs don’t know what they’re talking about! Thanks for giving me hope!

How is Disney treating renewal certificates if you didn't renew because of the pandemic but still had one in your account? Are they being strict about the original renewal date? And if so can you convert the renewal to cash value to purchase a full AP in order to start the 12 months proper again?

Just a couple bits of AP info I experienced during a visit last week...

1. If you are both an AP and a Resort Guest, the park reservation system prioritizes your status as RG over AP. This meant that on a day EP was sold out for RGs, but open for APs, I could not switch my DHS reservation to EP. I called the VIP line, who transferred me to IT. About 35 mins later it was taken care of. If park reservations stick around, they reaally need to fix this issue.

2. I used my old AP card in many places for my discount with no issues. But on my last day, a CM told me they want us to use MDE to show our AP status for discounts. If you insist on using a card, they want you to get a new card from GR or a ticket window that shows your expiration date. GR told me they don't think such a card exists, though; I had to leave so I didn't wait around to find out. I'll just use MDE if they ask in the future. But this was news to me - and to the person at GR!

#1 happened to me last week as well. I wanted to forego and AK pass for an EPCOT. Couldn't do it through the resort guest pot and wanted to move it to the AP side. (Not sure how EPCOT would have been sold out, but that is another story). I chatted through MDE and the agent was able to make the switch for me in about 5 mins. I checked my park plans while chat was active and the change was made instantly. No long wait times on the phone was sweet.

I read through the last five or so pages and didn’t see any reports of anyone whose tried but I apologize if this is an FAQ I’m reviving.

Our family has two silver APs - one of which has never been used, but was a renewal. I know some have reported being told you can’t upgrade to a higher tier AP after purchase but I’m wondering if we can upgrade the one that’s not been used yet. Does anyone have experience with this? I don’t know that I want to wait on hold unless someone else can say yes they were successful.

Has anyone else heard that annual pass sales will be resuming August 16th 2021?
This rumor started with an email that went out to AP holders recently. It stated that free MBs will no longer be offered with an AP purchase or renewal.

Walt Disney World Passholder

Dear Valued Passholder,

In March, we introduced Disney MagicMobile service, an easy, more contactless new way to enter the Walt Disney World® theme parks through the power of eligible iPhones, Apple Watch or Google Pay enabled Android phones!

As part of this new service, guests can choose from several Disney-themed MagicMobile Pass designs in the My Disney Experience app—and coming soon be on the lookout for new exclusive designs featuring Orange Bird and Figment just for Annual Passholders. As a reminder, valid park admission and a park reservation are required for park entry.

As more Passholders continue to discover this new option, we will no longer be offering complimentary MagicBands with Annual Pass purchases and renewals made August 16, 2021 and beyond. Annual Passholders will continue to receive a special discount on MagicBands purchased, with even more designs to choose from in the future.

Annual Passholders can continue to use current or newly purchased MagicBands, their Annual Pass Card or Disney MagicMobile pass during their visits. As a reminder, your Annual Pass Card and valid photo ID are required to receive your Annual Passholder discount at participating locations, whether using a MagicBand or Disney MagicMobile service.

As always, we thank you for being part of the Passholder family!​

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Walt Disney World

That is hopeful news. Looking to relocate to the area and being able to buy annual passes would be a big plus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter