AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Follow up for us: We got the call today and it was day 29 or 30 for us. I missed the call but it was a pretty easy process once I was able to be connected to the correct team again. If you are a DVC member, make sure you have your membership number with you as we were out and about when the call came and I had to rely on finicky internet to log in to my DVC account. Luckily, the CM was extremely patient and waited for about 10 minutes until I could get logged onto the DVC website. So far, all of our park reservations have remained from the 9 day tickets I had purchased. The CM easily converted those over to our new AP's!

I don't know whether this is the optimal number, but I saw something on another fan site saying to call the new tickets line, not the Passholder VIP line. That's listed on the website as (407) 939-7679.

I just followed the prompts for new tickets. I think I just got a standard DRC agent. They took my info and submitted it into the queue for the special team, and said I would get a return call in about 30 days.
Thanks! I called yesterday. Waited less than 10 minutes. Was told since my APs were Florida payment only way to renew is to go in person.

Thanks! I called yesterday. Waited less than 10 minutes. Was told since my APs were Florida payment only way to renew is to go in person.

Were you trying to renew or purchase new passes? I live in Orlando and was able to purchase new passes over the phone.

Just a couple bits of AP info I experienced during a visit last week...

1. If you are both an AP and a Resort Guest, the park reservation system prioritizes your status as RG over AP. This meant that on a day EP was sold out for RGs, but open for APs, I could not switch my DHS reservation to EP. I called the VIP line, who transferred me to IT. About 35 mins later it was taken care of. If park reservations stick around, they reaally need to fix this issue.

2. I used my old AP card in many places for my discount with no issues. But on my last day, a CM told me they want us to use MDE to show our AP status for discounts. If you insist on using a card, they want you to get a new card from GR or a ticket window that shows your expiration date. GR told me they don't think such a card exists, though; I had to leave so I didn't wait around to find out. I'll just use MDE if they ask in the future. But this was news to me - and to the person at GR!

Were you trying to renew or purchase new passes? I live in Orlando and was able to purchase new passes over the phone.
Do you remember what number you called?

We cancelled our passes when the parks were closed but ready to "renew"

Just a couple bits of AP info I experienced during a visit last week...

1. If you are both an AP and a Resort Guest, the park reservation system prioritizes your status as RG over AP. This meant that on a day EP was sold out for RGs, but open for APs, I could not switch my DHS reservation to EP. I called the VIP line, who transferred me to IT. About 35 mins later it was taken care of. If park reservations stick around, they reaally need to fix this issue.

2. I used my old AP card in many places for my discount with no issues. But on my last day, a CM told me they want us to use MDE to show our AP status for discounts. If you insist on using a card, they want you to get a new card from GR or a ticket window that shows your expiration date. GR told me they don't think such a card exists, though; I had to leave so I didn't wait around to find out. I'll just use MDE if they ask in the future. But this was news to me - and to the person at GR!
Interesting - we renewed in March, and our AP cards have 2021-2022 printed on the back, but that's the only date. I wonder whether that will be enough for discounts in June or whether I'll have to pull up MDE and show them the actual expiration date - I'll report back, if this is still a question by then.

We cancelled our passes when the parks were closed but ready to "renew"
The correct terminology is that you want to purchase a "recovery" pass (just to reduce confusion.)
nteresting - we renewed in March, and our AP cards have 2021-2022 printed on the back, but that's the only date. I wonder whether that will be enough for discounts in June or whether I'll have to pull up MDE and show them the actual expiration date - I'll report back, if this is still a question by then.
Yep - my new card has "2021-2022" printed on the back, too. I don't think the old cards had that. That's probably all they want to see.

The cm at DS Ticket Center also wrote my name and expiration date on the back with a Sharpie, but I suspect that was just for my convenience.

For folks who have recently received a call back, do you remember if it was a 407 or 1-800 number? We have a dear friend who is waiting for his callback and he’s just had heart surgery, so trying to make it as easy for him as possible to identify the call as he recuperates. I tried to convince the AP line to please call me back about the passes given his surgery, as they are on my MDE etc, but no-go. 🙁

The correct terminology is that you want to purchase a "recovery" pass (just to reduce confusion.)

Yep - my new card has "2021-2022" printed on the back, too. I don't think the old cards had that. That's probably all they want to see.

The cm at DS Ticket Center also wrote my name and expiration date on the back with a Sharpie, but I suspect that was just for my convenience.
My card from last year had 2019-2020 printed on the back and my first name only in sharpie written by the CM. I've never been asked for anything other than the card and they always want to see the back. We're going in two weeks, so I can report back what my experience is then.

Mine is the same, only 2020-2021. This one CM insisted they need to see the expiration date, which is visible in MDE. No other CMs asked, though, so I really wonder if it's an actual new "rule" or something she misinterpreted.

Mine is the same, only 2020-2021. This one CM insisted they need to see the expiration date, which is visible in MDE. No other CMs asked, though, so I really wonder if it's an actual new "rule" or something she misinterpreted.
I didn't renew in 2020 because I canceled due to the pandemic, but I don't remember even getting a new card when I renewed online in prior years. (Could be my memory is just getting old.) 😟

I gave the CM my old card, so I can't check. In fact, I'd assumed she just gave the old card back to me, until I looked at it after reading your post.

We arrive Thursday and need a new AP card as we renewed online and our old card had 2020 as the expiration without the Covid extensions. So I’ll report back on what GR says when we ask for new cards.

For folks who have recently received a call back, do you remember if it was a 407 or 1-800 number? We have a dear friend who is waiting for his callback and he’s just had heart surgery, so trying to make it as easy for him as possible to identify the call as he recuperates. I tried to convince the AP line to please call me back about the passes given his surgery, as they are on my MDE etc, but no-go. 🙁

407...they’ll leave a message with a call back number and make 3 attempts to reach you (at least that’s what the cm told me). I was on a work call and received a vm. Called back got right through and renewed. Took a prorated refund and let ours expire in September...called to renew and reactivated at HS a few weeks ago. They did issue us two new cards.

407...they’ll leave a message with a call back number and make 3 attempts to reach you (at least that’s what the cm told me). I was on a work call and received a vm. Called back got right through and renewed. Took a prorated refund and let ours expire in September...called to renew and reactivated at HS a few weeks ago. They did issue us two new cards.

Great, when I did mine many months ago they weren’t leaving messages so you just had to watch for the number!

Well just spent another 3 hours on the phone with the AP line, that puts me at 6 phone calls and over 20 hours of my life wasted. Last phone call I was told my claim had been processed and I would get a check in 4-6 weeks. That was 3 months ago! Oh and there was an hour+ of vacation time wasted waiting at guest services to be told they can only issue refunds over the phone. The same phone number that seems to always have a 2 hour wait just to speak to someone. So the end result of this 3 hour phone call? You might think finally I got a refund right? Nope! 3 hours later I was told the finance team is really backed up and my claims been there since February.... seriously? That’s it..... I honestly don’t think I have another phone call in me so I guess I just play more of the waiting game. Pretty fed up with Disney though and have zero desire to give them another dime of my money. Currently have reservations for the 50th I’m considering going and spending every penny and second at universal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ gotta use my DVC points unfortunately but I don’t have to give them any money and can cost them 2 guests for the 50th celebration. Will that really do anything at all? Again Nope! But it might make me feel better lol. Ok end rant, thanks for listening

Last edited:
I'm so confused! I've read so many different experiences with AP recovery and it's all so frustrating! We had to buy tickets for me and DD17 for our Memorial Day trip (DH still has his AP) because we had to book park passes before they ran out. If we had waited 30 days for a call back, they would've been gone! I have been thinking that I would just try to get our APs back at Guest Relations when we get there, but I called the pass holder line earlier today and he said GR couldn't do it and I had to wait to get a call back?! I have a Trattoria al Forno reservation the night before we check into our Disney resort so I was going to go to GR at the International Gateway, but now I'm trying to figure out if I should go to the ticket center at DS after what I read on here, or does DS ticket center only work for FL residents? It would take a lot more time to get to DS and I don't have that much time. Does anyone know if Guest Relations at the parks can take care of this because I doubt I'll get a call back before we leave in two weeks for Disney, although some lucky person who posted a few pages back got a call back the very same day!

I was able to purchase new AP vouchers to replace the APs that I had canceled during the shutdown. Do I go to the Ticket Center at DS to exchange the vouchers for the APs or to any Guest Relations offices at the parks or DS? Thanks!

I was able to purchase new AP vouchers to replace the APs that I had canceled during the shutdown. Do I go to the Ticket Center at DS to exchange the vouchers for the APs or to any Guest Relations offices at the parks or DS? Thanks!
We've always taken our AP vouchers to Guest Relations outside the park to do that so you should be fine going there now. I wish I had taken care of all this sooner so I would have vouchers! Maybe I'll get lucky and get a call back before we leave for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter