AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I received my refund on my CC from my AP purchased in Jan 2020 on Friday Oct. 2nd. Disney could have sped this up considerably, but I'm glad the refunds are starting.

It is extremely odd that Disney didn't just put people on hold for a year as an option instead of cancelling as I would have done that, but it's been a cluster for Disney on AP holders since COVID.

Hope everyone gets refunds soon.

Still no cancellation refund here yet for our 5 Gold APs. We received the closure refund for March-July, but not the smaller cancellation refund requested on 7/16 for July 11 - Aug 20 (expiration date). And they were purchased with an active Disney Visa card. But our closure refund was sent via 5 separate checks (not just returned to my Visa) oddly.

Ideally, I'd like to now purchase NEW DVC Gold AP vouchers but it's unclear whether or not we can do that.

I also haven't received my refund for 4 Gold APs. I did receive the smaller refund on 7/16 directly to my debit card.

I waited about 1 hour and 15 minutes today for VIPassholder Support and they confirmed that my Gold APs were cancelled and to be refunded. But that's as much info as they could give. He said to look for the refund by credit card in the next 10 days or if it comes by check closer to the end of October. He also couldn't get the amount yet.

He was also able to setup a request on his end for someone to call me back in 24-48 hours to sell me new DVC Gold APs that I can purchase now and then activate sometime next year when we return to the parks.

I think this may have been addressed, and I fully expect the answer is no, but I will ask anyway.
We had 4 AP's, still waiting for refunds on the two I cancelled, but I figured those would be delayed.
Had trips in April and July (before re-opening) that were cancelled. DD and I rescheduled for Dec, so I kept out passes.
She is not really wanting to go at this point, with the way things are still going (not so much Disney, but the country). We have not used our passes in exactly 1 year. Original expiration was early September 2020.
Do you think there is any chance they would allow me to cancel our other two for a refund?
From what I gathered during my last call to the VIPassholder line, yes you can cancel but, the cancellation takes the current date, not retroactive to July. Although, there is a possibility things have changed in a few days.

Well the End of September which was promised has come and gone! Still waiting for refunds on our AP Silver and Water Park Pass. I keep checking our Visa, nothing yet. I have been on hold for about a half hour so far on the AP line. Hope that someone can give me some insight as to when. Our credit card is still valid.

From what I gathered during my last call to the VIPassholder line, yes you can cancel but, the cancellation takes the current date, not retroactive to July. Although, there is a possibility things have changed in a few days.
with the cancellation effective immediately

Well the End of September which was promised has come and gone! Still waiting for refunds on our AP Silver and Water Park Pass. I keep checking our Visa, nothing yet. I have been on hold for about a half hour so far on the AP line. Hope that someone can give me some insight as to when. Our credit card is still valid.

You're wasting your time by calling them

I waited about 1 hour and 15 minutes today for VIPassholder Support and they confirmed that my Gold APs were cancelled and to be refunded. But that's as much info as they could give. He said to look for the refund by credit card in the next 10 days or if it comes by check closer to the end of October. He also couldn't get the amount yet.

He was also able to setup a request on his end for someone to call me back in 24-48 hours to sell me new DVC Gold APs that I can purchase now and then activate sometime next year when we return to the parks.
I did the same. 6 days and no phone call back yet from the 24-48 hour quote.

Finally saw our refund on our CC this morning. It actually shows that the refund was issued on 9/29, but I have looked every day and this is the first time it was posted. We did have to change our CC number since we purchased the passes because it was stolen, so this may account for the delay.
Platinum passes that expired late August and the refund for each was $522.

Finally saw our refund on our CC this morning. It actually shows that the refund was issued on 9/29, but I have looked every day and this is the first time it was posted. We did have to change our CC number since we purchased the passes because it was stolen, so this may account for the delay.

This is how mine was as well. I didn't see it until October 2, but it was dated September 29.

Thank you for posting the $ amount! I have 2 platinum APs that expired late Aug that I'm waiting for a refund for. I'll be curious to see if the numbers are close to yours when they eventually show up.

Just received the second refund on CC for 2 Platinum APs. Activated them in Epcot guest services on Nov 12, 2019 after buying two 7-day Parkhoppers from UT. We paid with both CC and GCs. Would have expired on Nov 12, 2020. Received $766.36 (for both) in July for the closure period. Cancelled both also in July and just received $805.32 this morning. Total $1571.68. Finally done with all refunds (DVC rentals, APs, tickets for kids) for our May trip!

Sorry if it’s been asked but has anyone with a Sam’s club voucher they redeemed for AP seen a refund yet?

For someone that was able to purchase an AP after cancellation. Did you purchase a new AP or were you given a renewal?

I have asked that also, and not seen an answer. I have not seen mine for my Sams Club AP
The consensus seems to be that the refunds for anything paid with GC or vouchers will come in the form of a check if there is no credit card attached to the purchase. Those are delayed too so it will be a few weeks per the VIPassholder's newest on-hold message. Of course, at this point, anything is possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter